THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM
PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
Latest topics
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
88 Posts - 27%
78 Posts - 24%
42 Posts - 13%
38 Posts - 12%
29 Posts - 9%
23 Posts - 7%
22 Posts - 7%
1 Post - 0%
October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+


Share
View previous topicGo downView next topic
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2014
Join date : 2016-09-19

Re: New Arrivals

on Wed Jun 21 2017, 15:30
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Robti wrote:A blue faced seiko lovely, what more could you want maybe a touch of yellow,although too busy for my old eyes

Edit: after a closer look my apologies I like the face it's the bezel I find too busy for me

It is definitely a very interesting and busy bezel insert
Robti
Posts : 245
Join date : 2017-04-19

Re: New Arrivals

on Wed Jun 21 2017, 15:57
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
SeikoJohn wrote:
Robti wrote:A blue faced seiko lovely, what more could you want maybe a touch of yellow,although too busy for my old eyes

Edit: after a closer look my apologies I like the face it's the bezel I find too busy for me

It is definitely a very interesting and busy bezel insert

Ah but it's a seiko and it's blue Wink
Robti
Posts : 245
Join date : 2017-04-19

Received this yesterday

on Wed Jul 12 2017, 10:21

Man you thanks to Bruce I received this yesterday from the sales section.
Tried to size it this morning but either the screws aren’t that great or the screwdriver bits are poor, so will need to order better screwdrivers, so off to post for recommendations
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2672
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: New Arrivals

on Wed Jul 12 2017, 12:15
Robti wrote:
Man you thanks to Bruce I received this yesterday from the sales section.
Tried to size it this morning but either the screws aren’t that great or the screwdriver bits are poor, so will need to order better screwdrivers, so off to post for recommendations

you sure its screws and not split pins? they can look like screws from one side as they are split ......truth is i cant remember what it has scratch
EDIT: just checked ......its split pins from what i can see, just need to watch as they may have collars as well as pins

_________________
"treat others how you would like to be treated yourself and you wont go far wrong" - Me Wink

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1351
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: New Arrivals

on Wed Jul 12 2017, 14:32
Robti wrote:
Man you thanks to Bruce I received this yesterday from the sales section.
Tried to size it this morning but either the screws aren’t that great or the screwdriver bits are poor, so will need to order better screwdrivers, so off to post for recommendations



That's a very nice watch to add to your collection.
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2014
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: New Arrivals

on Wed Jul 12 2017, 15:43
domecurb wrote:
Robti wrote:
Man you thanks to Bruce I received this yesterday from the sales section.
Tried to size it this morning but either the screws aren’t that great or the screwdriver bits are poor, so will need to order better screwdrivers, so off to post for recommendations

you sure its screws and not split pins?  they can look like screws from one side as they are split ......truth is i cant remember what it has scratch
EDIT: just checked ......its split pins from what i can see, just need to watch as they may have collars as well as pins

Cracking watch to add to the collection I really like the look of that one , in regards to the bracelet and sizing it I found this video it may be of some use to you to watch it explains how to remove split pins . The next photo we want to see is it on your wrist



Last edited by SeikoJohn on Wed Jul 12 2017, 15:47; edited 1 time in total

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2014
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: New Arrivals

on Wed Jul 12 2017, 15:45
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
This arrived today from Iceblue ( Andy )





It is an Aladdin 17 Jewel manual wind and a watch I have not seen before . It requires a little work doing to it but I like a project Smile

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2672
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: New Arrivals

on Wed Jul 12 2017, 16:02
SeikoJohn wrote:This arrived today from Iceblue ( Andy )





It is an Aladdin 17 Jewel manual wind and a watch I have not seen before . It requires a little work doing to it but I like a project Smile

can you measure the movement width as in the last pic top to bottom and the internal case width too, i should have a metal movement ring that will fit

_________________
"treat others how you would like to be treated yourself and you wont go far wrong" - Me Wink

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
avatar
Robti
Posts : 245
Join date : 2017-04-19
Age : 54
Location : Hamilton

Re: New Arrivals

on Wed Jul 12 2017, 20:34

Sorry does this not look like poorly finished screws, will check again when I get back in
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2672
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: New Arrivals

on Wed Jul 12 2017, 20:44
Robti wrote:
Sorry does this not look like poorly finished screws, will check again when I get back in

look like split pins to me Wink

there should be arrows on the inside of the bracelet showing which direction to push the pins

_________________
"treat others how you would like to be treated yourself and you wont go far wrong" - Me Wink

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
avatar
Robti
Posts : 245
Join date : 2017-04-19
Age : 54
Location : Hamilton

Re: New Arrivals

on Wed Jul 12 2017, 21:22
Embarassed
Funny how I never seen the arrows before I must have been too convinced that the pins were poorly finished screws


2 half links removed perfect fit and clasp/dial sitting nicely on the wrist, big grin to oneself when a gentle tap and out it pops.
Thanks to Bruce for the watch (still had the cellophane on the bracelet)and to everyone for the gentle nudges in the right direction.
Wonder if anyone can guess what I will be wearing tomorrow lol!

Sorry about the wrong time had the crown pulled out to save the battery till I got the bracelet problem solved
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2672
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: New Arrivals

on Wed Jul 12 2017, 21:31
Robti wrote:Embarassed
Funny how I never seen the arrows before I must have been too convinced that the pins were poorly finished screws


2 half links removed perfect fit and clasp/dial sitting nicely on the wrist, big grin to oneself when a gentle tap and out it pops.
Thanks to Bruce for the watch (still had the cellophane on the bracelet)and to everyone for the gentle nudges in the right direction.
Wonder if anyone can guess what I will be wearing tomorrow lol!

Sorry about the wrong time had the crown pulled out to save the battery till I got the bracelet problem solved

glad you got it sorted
dont waste your time pulling crowns to save batteries, on most watches it makes no difference and the circuit still pulses
so........what you wearing tomorrow ? lol!

_________________
"treat others how you would like to be treated yourself and you wont go far wrong" - Me Wink

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
avatar
Iceblue
Admin
Posts : 863
Join date : 2016-10-19
Age : 42
Location : Bedfordshire

Re: New Arrivals

on Tue Jul 18 2017, 21:03
Well what can I say apart from feeling very blessed it landed today and I've been waiting what feels like years lol

Rolex date just 16200 boxed with some papers

36mm with out and 38mm with the crown

Rolex 3135 movement

On a lovely Rolex jubilee bracelet

Comes freshly serviced and refurbished case and bracelet



avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2672
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: New Arrivals

on Tue Jul 18 2017, 22:28
well done, i had a feeling you were going down this route Wink
hope you get many years of pleasure wearing it

_________________
"treat others how you would like to be treated yourself and you wont go far wrong" - Me Wink

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2014
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: New Arrivals

on Tue Jul 18 2017, 23:10
To think I thought you was one of us Andy but no you are a Rolex boy lol

It is actually very nice and I bet you do not wear it to work

I too hope it brings you.many years of pleasure matey I know you have wanted a Rolex for quite a while now

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
Iceblue
Admin
Posts : 863
Join date : 2016-10-19
Age : 42
Location : Bedfordshire

Re: New Arrivals

on Wed Jul 19 2017, 06:47
Thanks guys it's smaller than I usually wear but it's a lovely piece on the wrist
avatar
Elwood
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 485
Join date : 2016-09-26
Location : South West England

Re: New Arrivals

on Thu Jul 20 2017, 01:18
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Iceblue wrote:Thanks guys it's smaller than I usually wear but it's a lovely piece on the wrist

As others have said, great watch, definitely a time piece to enjoy for years to come, good choice and it was worth selling the others for this.
avatar
Robti
Posts : 245
Join date : 2017-04-19
Age : 54
Location : Hamilton

Re: New Arrivals

on Thu Jul 20 2017, 07:17
Just to add to what others have said a very lovely looking watch, and I personally think it sits nicely on your wrist, I suppose if you have been used to larger watches it will take some getting used to, but it will be nice to wear it while getting used to it, I hope you have many years of enjoyment with it
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2014
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: New Arrivals

on Thu Jul 20 2017, 10:41
New in today and £5 all in including Postage bargain cheers Ancre Supersport Mechanical movement . I am unable to remove the case back as it is really tight but I have not got the big tools out to try it just yet . Brief look on the internet and I believe Ancre is part of the Prim group which is Czech . Quite a few dings and dents and a crack on the crystal but it will do for now until I clean it up




_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2672
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: New Arrivals

on Thu Jul 20 2017, 13:20
SeikoJohn wrote:New in today and £5 all in including Postage bargain cheers Ancre Supersport Mechanical movement . I am unable to remove the case back as it is really tight but I have not got the big tools out to try it just yet . Brief look on the internet and I believe Ancre is part of the Prim group which is Czech . Quite a few dings and dents and a crack on the crystal but it will do for now until I clean it up




Looking good and an absolute bargain
BUT !........does it work and what size is it ? Very Happy

PS steel case back brass case = very tight case back, best bet is superglue a flat blade and leave is overnight to harden, that will get the case back off then remove the glue with Ruths nail polish remover Wink

_________________
"treat others how you would like to be treated yourself and you wont go far wrong" - Me Wink

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2014
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: New Arrivals

on Thu Jul 20 2017, 13:56
I don't have a tape measure to hand but it is this big



I set the time at 9.46 this morning and it is keeping perfect time . Will measure when I get home . Thanks for advice on removing caseback

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2672
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: New Arrivals

on Thu Jul 20 2017, 15:44
SeikoJohn wrote:I don't have a tape measure to hand but it is this big



I set the time at 9.46 this morning and it is keeping perfect time . Will measure when I get home . Thanks for advice on removing caseback

blimey its HUGE !!! Shocked

and you have rain lol!

_________________
"treat others how you would like to be treated yourself and you wont go far wrong" - Me Wink

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2014
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: New Arrivals

on Thu Jul 20 2017, 16:05
I need to apologise as my guess was 2mm out. I judged it at 40mm but Inc crown it measures 42mm . Oh yes we got rain Ruth is like a drowned rat after being at the animal sanctuary all day.

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2672
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: New Arrivals

on Thu Jul 20 2017, 16:24
SeikoJohn wrote:I need to apologise as my guess was 2mm out. I judged it at 40mm but Inc crown it measures 42mm . Oh yes we got rain Ruth is like a drowned rat after being at the animal sanctuary all day.

thats a big watch for a vintage..........good catch ....especially for the price

_________________
"treat others how you would like to be treated yourself and you wont go far wrong" - Me Wink

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2014
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: New Arrivals

on Thu Jul 20 2017, 16:32
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I changed the strap to a leather NATO I made I think it suits the watch better . I want to find out more about the brand name as I really like this watch



_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
Iceblue
Admin
Posts : 863
Join date : 2016-10-19
Age : 42
Location : Bedfordshire

Re: New Arrivals

on Thu Jul 20 2017, 18:53
SeikoJohn wrote:I changed the strap to a leather NATO I made I think it suits the watch better . I want to find out more about the brand name as I really like this watch



I can see a theam going on hear it similer case style to the alladdin very nice indeed and a bargain price too nice catch buddy
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1351
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: New Arrivals

on Thu Jul 20 2017, 21:24
SeikoJohn wrote:I changed the strap to a leather NATO I made I think it suits the watch better . I want to find out more about the brand name as I really like this watch




Very nice watch and a great buy at that price.

I couldn't find much about Ancre watches but found references linking them to this company

http://www.masterhorologer.com/2010/02/prim-watches-only-manufacture-made.html

The Ancre & Meister Anker were apparently brand names used by this Czechoslovak manufacturer for watches to be sold to the Western market.

Whether watches with Ancre on the dial all came from this company  isn't clear. It is possible that the name could have been used as a generic brand by a number of companies like so many other vintage watches.

Hopefully when you can get access to the movement it may help with the research. Very Happy
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2014
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: New Arrivals

on Thu Jul 20 2017, 22:23
daff62 wrote:
SeikoJohn wrote:I changed the strap to a leather NATO I made I think it suits the watch better . I want to find out more about the brand name as I really like this watch




Very nice watch and a great buy at that price.

I couldn't find much about Ancre watches but found references linking them to this company

http://www.masterhorologer.com/2010/02/prim-watches-only-manufacture-made.html

The Ancre & Meister Anker were apparently brand names used by this Czechoslovak manufacturer for watches to be sold to the Western market.

Whether watches with Ancre on the dial all came from this company  isn't clear. It is possible that the name could have been used as a generic brand by a number of companies like so many other vintage watches.

Hopefully when you can get access to the movement it may help with the research. Very Happy

Cheers matey a bit more info to help with the research

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2014
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: New Arrivals

on Wed Aug 23 2017, 11:48
Aragon Parma SS



_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
Robti
Posts : 245
Join date : 2017-04-19
Age : 54
Location : Hamilton

Re: New Arrivals

on Wed Sep 06 2017, 21:55

Just in and not even sized it yet, a big thank you to Bruce for this, love the weight of it and so much better than my skx007, I have now decided that I like heavy daily’s but thin light dress watches, sorry off to have a shower and dinner then a play with it
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1351
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: New Arrivals

on Wed Sep 06 2017, 23:13
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Robti wrote:
Just in and not even sized it yet, a big thank you to Bruce for this, love the weight of it and so much better than my skx007, I have now decided that I like heavy daily’s but thin light dress watches, sorry off to have a shower and dinner then a play with it



That's a beautiful watch. I love the bold hour markers, hands and bezel which 
are all in perfect proportion. Definitely one to wear and enjoy. Very Happy
Daz
Posts : 155
Join date : 2017-04-18

Re: New Arrivals

on Thu Sep 07 2017, 08:22
You can't knock a monster, wear it and enjoy, a great watch.
avatar
Robti
Posts : 245
Join date : 2017-04-19
Age : 54
Location : Hamilton

Re: New Arrivals

on Thu Sep 07 2017, 09:51
Okay I just jumped in for this watch as I liked it, but going to show how little I know, is there a nickname for this type watch ?

Thanks

Strike that I just searched Bruce’s old posts and he called it a tuna


Last edited by Robti on Thu Sep 07 2017, 09:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2672
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: New Arrivals

on Thu Sep 07 2017, 10:43
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Robti wrote:Okay I just jumped in for this watch as I liked it, but going to show how little I know, is there a nickname for this type watch ?

Thanks

Strike that I just searched Bruce’s old posts and he called it a tuna

yes its not a Monster, this is one of the last what i would call proper "Prospex" watches from Seiko, now they seem to stamp it on everything in essence lowering the value of eveything IMO
its a big step up from the SKX series and on a par with a Sumo

_________________
"treat others how you would like to be treated yourself and you wont go far wrong" - Me Wink

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
avatar
Robti
Posts : 245
Join date : 2017-04-19
Age : 54
Location : Hamilton

Re: New Arrivals

on Thu Sep 07 2017, 12:03
domecurb wrote:
Robti wrote:Okay I just jumped in for this watch as I liked it, but going to show how little I know, is there a nickname for this type watch ?

Thanks

Strike that I just searched Bruce’s old posts and he called it a tuna

yes its not a Monster, this is one of the last what i would call proper "Prospex" watches from Seiko, now they seem to stamp it on everything in essence lowering the value of eveything IMO
its a big step up from the SKX series and on a par with a Sumo

Thanks for clearing that up Bruce, have to agree with you re a step up from my skx
Daz
Posts : 155
Join date : 2017-04-18

Re: New Arrivals

on Thu Sep 07 2017, 14:37
You are both obviously correct.Embarassed

I blame posting before taking my coffee input Very Happy

I did realise when I saw it in the what I am wearing but alas to late.

It is a great watch
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2014
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: New Arrivals

on Wed Oct 04 2017, 13:45
Tauchmeister T0251MIL






_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2672
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: New Arrivals

on Wed Oct 04 2017, 14:13
very nice and kind of "Tuna like"

_________________
"treat others how you would like to be treated yourself and you wont go far wrong" - Me Wink

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
avatar
Robti
Posts : 245
Join date : 2017-04-19
Age : 54
Location : Hamilton

Re: New Arrivals

on Wed Oct 04 2017, 19:26
Oh that I like very nice and it beats my new arrival in my eyes, NOT, been smiling since I got this today, my only complaint is that I thought it would wear larger, but still my first blue face
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2014
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: New Arrivals

on Wed Oct 04 2017, 19:55
Robti wrote:Oh that I like very nice and it beats my new arrival in my eyes, NOT, been smiling since I got this today, my only complaint is that I thought it would wear larger, but still my first blue face

I like the look of that , you can not go wrong with a blue dial and insert I especially like the handset .

I edited your photo for you I hope you do not mind as it was showing upside down .

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2672
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: New Arrivals

on Wed Oct 04 2017, 20:07
Robti wrote:Oh that I like very nice and it beats my new arrival in my eyes, NOT, been smiling since I got this today, my only complaint is that I thought it would wear larger, but still my first blue face

lovely Robert, the same as the one i had and i kind of regret selling it now i see yours.......absolute quality

_________________
"treat others how you would like to be treated yourself and you wont go far wrong" - Me Wink

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1351
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: New Arrivals

on Wed Oct 04 2017, 23:17
Robti wrote:Oh that I like very nice and it beats my new arrival in my eyes, NOT, been smiling since I got this today, my only complaint is that I thought it would wear larger, but still my first blue face

Lovely watch and looks quite substantial on your wrist. Possibly 
after wearing it a while you will feel happier with its size. Very Happy
avatar
Elwood
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 485
Join date : 2016-09-26
Location : South West England

Re: New Arrivals

on Thu Oct 05 2017, 04:15
Two nice watches, both surpass my new arrival, a cheapie Quartz for a bout a fiver on eBay. I'll take it out of the bag when I clean it up, might get a new glass and strap for it too.

Sponsored content

Re: New Arrivals

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum