THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/

Latest topics

» Anyone Around!
Seiko Marine Master SBDX001 EmptySun Dec 27 2020, 15:54 by Robti

» sub £50 screwdriver set
Seiko Marine Master SBDX001 EmptySun Jun 21 2020, 12:11 by Robti

» Anyone bought anything during lockdown
Seiko Marine Master SBDX001 EmptyThu May 14 2020, 07:27 by Iceblue

» How is everybody
Seiko Marine Master SBDX001 EmptyWed Apr 01 2020, 15:35 by Robti

» 2020 future watch collection
Seiko Marine Master SBDX001 EmptyWed Jan 01 2020, 09:21 by Iceblue

» 31st December 2019
Seiko Marine Master SBDX001 EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:41 by Iceblue

» Happy new year too you all
Seiko Marine Master SBDX001 EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:29 by Iceblue

» Merry Christmas
Seiko Marine Master SBDX001 EmptyWed Dec 25 2019, 21:47 by Robti

» 13th November 2019
Seiko Marine Master SBDX001 EmptyWed Nov 13 2019, 17:54 by Iceblue

Top posting users this month

No user

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

5 posters

Seiko Marine Master SBDX001

domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Seiko Marine Master SBDX001 Empty Seiko Marine Master SBDX001

Post by domecurb Mon Jan 30 2017, 12:23

i have lusted after the MM300 for ages now and for me it ticks all the right boxes, IMO its stunning
    Seiko Marine Master SBDX001 Mm300

Seiko have been re-releasing a few models lately and i find them not only over priced but also lacking in quality control.......i think they have sold their soul to the devil in doing so.

this is one of the new MM300's Shocked
    Seiko Marine Master SBDX001 Mm300-padi

and this:shock:
    Seiko Marine Master SBDX001 Mm300b

and this Shocked
    Seiko Marine Master SBDX001 Mm300c

and this:shock:
    Seiko Marine Master SBDX001 Mm300d

and this affraid
    Seiko Marine Master SBDX001 Mm300a
    apologies if anyone likes these, but i am so disappointed Sad
    Seiko........what are you doing ?  scratch
    daff62
    daff62

Seiko Marine Master SBDX001 Empty Re: Seiko Marine Master SBDX001

Post by daff62 Mon Jan 30 2017, 13:52

The first Marine Master is beautiful. Seiko Marine Master SBDX001 3377044411

I don't understand the design logic behind the new releases though. The last model in gold looks very 1970s which is fine if you like that style. Very Happy I wonder if Seiko are using designs in response to the demand for them or to quantify a new range of Marinemasters by changing the design. scratch

The watches might look better in real life though as images can be deceptive. It would be interesting to see if the build quality and movements are on par with the original.

Given my very limited knowledge on Seikos it will also be interesting to see what other members of the Forum think. Very Happy
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Mon Jan 30 2017, 14:22

here's another re-release, there has been a lot of complaints about quality control on these, mainly misaligned chapted ring, misaligned bezel insert and mismatched lume on the hands and dial.....inexcusable IMO when even the cheapst Chinese watches can do better QC Neutral
    the Prospex branded watch are meant to be Japanese made, i have wondered if the are using Japanese and Chinese parts that dont match well ?
    Seiko Marine Master SBDX001 Seiko-PADI-Diver-SRPA21-K1-2
    actually you can see the lume miss match Shocked
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Post by SeikoJohn Mon Jan 30 2017, 16:36

I really like the Padi it is something I would like to own but like yourself heard an awful lot about poor quality control as for the new Marine Masters you show they look ... well ... they look like Designer watches. They do not even come close to an original MM
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Mon Jan 30 2017, 20:50

SeikoJohn wrote:I really like the Padi it is something I would like to own but like yourself heard an awful lot about poor quality control as for the new Marine Masters you show they look ... well ... they look like Designer watches. They do not even come close to an original MM  

i dont like the "Padi" it reminds me of Irish jokes ............here the one about Pady and Mick ? Laughing
    Elwood
    Elwood

Post by Elwood Mon Jan 30 2017, 21:07

The quality control isn't something I have any first hand knowledge of though I can talk about their looks;

The Padi looks ok in my opinion.

I like the cases, bezels and bracelets on the others, but the dials look a bit odd to me, especially in the colours they've used. I'm really not sure about the greeny blue dials. Then again I never really got orange monsters. I'd like to see these watches in person, but probably to have a closer inspection as to why they look a bit odd.

Then the last watch, in gold - its grown on me as I've been writing this. I don't have any bling but there could be worse ways to start a collection of bling than owning this. Probably not a watch I would go for however I can see it having a big appeal in some areas of the world.

I don't know how much these cost though, I would hope they are less than£300?
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Mon Jan 30 2017, 21:15

Elwood wrote:The quality control isn't something I have any first hand knowledge of though I can talk about their looks;

I like the cases, bezels and bracelets on the others, but the dials look a bit odd to me, especially in the colours they've used.  I'm really not sure about the greeny blue dials. Then again I never really got orange monsters. I'd like to see these watches in person, but probably to have a closer inspection as to why they look a bit odd.

Then the last watch, in gold - its grown on me as I've been writing this. I don't have any bling but there could be worse ways to start a collection of bling than owning this. Probably not a watch I would go for however I can see it having a big appeal in some areas of the world.

"I would hope they are less than£300?"
    lol! try £2000 affraid
    daff62
    daff62

Post by daff62 Mon Jan 30 2017, 21:38

domecurb wrote:
    Elwood wrote:The quality control isn't something I have any first hand knowledge of though I can talk about their looks;

I like the cases, bezels and bracelets on the others, but the dials look a bit odd to me, especially in the colours they've used.  I'm really not sure about the greeny blue dials. Then again I never really got orange monsters. I'd like to see these watches in person, but probably to have a closer inspection as to why they look a bit odd.

lol!  try £2000 affraid

That's shocking, never would have imagined that figure. I am clueless though regarding modern watches and their retail price points. Think I am better sticking with vintage watches. Shocked
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Mon Jan 30 2017, 21:43

daff62 wrote:
    domecurb wrote:

lol!  try £2000 affraid

That's shocking, never would have imagined that figure. I am clueless though regarding modern watches and their retail price points. Think I am better sticking with vintage watches. Shocked

yes the MM300 has gone up a bit recently with changes in the exchange rates, i still think the original black MM is worth the money, but not those other ones Mad
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Post by SeikoJohn Mon Jan 30 2017, 21:44

Seriously .... £2000 that is shocking
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Mon Jan 30 2017, 21:53

Elwood
    Elwood

Post by Elwood Tue Jan 31 2017, 06:25

domecurb wrote:

lol!  try £2000 affraid

Holy cow. Can't say much about that, I'm in too much shock. I can think of better ways to spank £2k. I'd rather have a Tag reissue for that sort of price.
    BASHER

Post by BASHER Sun Feb 05 2017, 18:57

I quite like the look of the Pepsi Marine Master. I think mostly because it has the same hand set as the original.
    The SJX Padi looks nice with the red indices on the chapter ring.
    Regarding the quality control issues, are they known to be assembled outside of Japan? (I'm not alluding to the J and K scenario !)
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Sun Feb 05 2017, 19:13

BASHER wrote:I quite like the look of the Pepsi Marine Master. I think mostly because it has the same hand set as the original.
    The SJX Padi looks nice with the red indices on the chapter ring.
    Regarding the quality control issues, are they known to be assembled outside of Japan? (I'm not alluding to the J and K scenario !)

the Prospex range are Japanese made however its quite possible that some components are Chinese or Malaysian in origin as both countries make Seiko parts
    BASHER

Post by BASHER Sun Feb 05 2017, 19:19

I wondered if they were made outside of Japan, maybe the quality control processes could be less stringent.
    Mis aligned chapter rings would be quite easy to pick up on in a QC process.
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Sun Feb 05 2017, 19:22

BASHER wrote:I wondered if they were made outside of Japan, maybe the quality control processes could be less stringent.
    Mis aligned chapter rings would be quite easy to pick up on in a QC process.

its a thought.......i dont believe for one second a watch would leave Japan with faults like that, goes against the Japanese life/work ethos
    BASHER

Post by BASHER Sun Feb 05 2017, 19:25

I guess the dial colours of the Marine Masters above will appeal to some people, and may even command I high price in the future if not many pieces are sold.

I would quite like to own a green Sumo, but i know many others would rather not . . .

Seiko Marine Master SBDX001 Seiko_SPB031__51426.1449052350.1280.1280
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Sun Feb 05 2017, 19:36

BASHER wrote:I guess the dial colours of the Marine Masters above will appeal to some people, and may even command I high price in the future if not many pieces are sold.

I would quite like to own a green Sumo, but i know many others would rather not . . .

Seiko Marine Master SBDX001 Seiko_SPB031__51426.1449052350.1280.1280

i had the blue Sumo and for me it was the subtle colour that i found attractive, but then my taste in dials is predominantly black

Seiko Marine Master SBDX001 Url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjm-6bM2fnRAhVJNxQKHXFMBvQQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest

i will say this though, regardless of colour scheme the Sumo range are superbly built watches.........i miss mine,but i wouldn't have worn it through fear of damaging it scratch
    BASHER

Post by BASHER Sun Feb 05 2017, 20:33

I quite agree Bruce.
    I regret selling my Sumo, probably one of only two watches I regret flipping. The other being an 011j

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 02:04