THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/


2 MORE MEMBERS AND WE HAVE A COMPETITION !!!!

Latest topics

» Long service award
Yesterday at 18:37 by Iceblue

» How to spend an Amazon voucher
Wed Mar 20 2019, 22:43 by domecurb

» Watch movement cufflinks
Wed Mar 20 2019, 12:01 by SeikoJohn

» Wednesday 20/03/19
Wed Mar 20 2019, 11:49 by daff62

» Tuesday 19th February
Tue Mar 19 2019, 19:17 by Iceblue

» Monday 18th Feb
Mon Mar 18 2019, 16:55 by SeikoJohn

» Friday 15 March 2019.
Fri Mar 15 2019, 11:53 by daff62

» Thursday 14 March 2019.
Thu Mar 14 2019, 21:48 by Iceblue

» Monday 11 March 2018.
Mon Mar 11 2019, 08:57 by daff62

Top posting users this month

March 2019

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates


visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+


a recent Seiko 007 mod for someone

Share
domecurb
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3197
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

a recent Seiko 007 mod for someone

Post by domecurb on Wed Sep 21 2016, 20:03

Yobokies MM300 black dial, Dagaz handset with the tip of the second hand painted red to tie in to the dial, aftermarket planet ocean bezel insert, swiss ar coated sapphire, Seiko NH36 movement and an upgraded aftermarket crown.
the NH36 gives hand winding and hacking, longer power reserve and a new balance spring alloy which is a huge improvement and a worthwhile upgrade over the standard seiko 7s26.
the case has the dents and scratches removed and polished like new
all in all a beautiful mod IMO  Smile

PC-Magician
PC-Magician
FULL MEMBER

Posts : 66
Join date : 2016-11-23

Re: a recent Seiko 007 mod for someone

Post by PC-Magician on Tue Feb 07 2017, 21:57

A job well done looks very good.
domecurb
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3197
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Re: a recent Seiko 007 mod for someone

Post by domecurb on Tue Feb 07 2017, 22:13

@PC-Magician wrote:A job well done looks very good.
its now got the proper bezel insert back, i think it suits it better

daff62
daff62
FULL MEMBER

Posts : 1830
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: a recent Seiko 007 mod for someone

Post by daff62 on Tue Feb 07 2017, 22:38

That does suit it better and the watch looks great Bruce. You must be well chuffed with the results of all your hard work.

That's another one that I will have to add to my list of favourites of your watches. Very Happy
domecurb
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3197
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Re: a recent Seiko 007 mod for someone

Post by domecurb on Tue Feb 07 2017, 22:48

@daff62 wrote:That does suit it better and the watch looks great Bruce. You must be well chuffed with the results of all your hard work.

That's another one that I will have to add to my list of favourites of your watches. Very Happy

there is actualy no hard work involved and takes less than 30 minutes to complete, but i do like the results Very Happy
daff62
daff62
FULL MEMBER

Posts : 1830
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: a recent Seiko 007 mod for someone

Post by daff62 on Tue Feb 07 2017, 22:57

@domecurb wrote:
@daff62 wrote:That does suit it better and the watch looks great Bruce. You must be well chuffed with the results of all your hard work.

That's another one that I will have to add to my list of favourites of your watches. Very Happy

there is actualy no hard work involved and takes less than 30 minutes to complete, but i do like the results Very Happy

That's impressive, I would have thought that would take a fair bit of time to do. Very Happy You can bet it would if I was trying to do it. Evil or Very Mad
Iceblue
Iceblue
Admin

Posts : 1194
Join date : 2016-10-19
Age : 43
Location : Bedfordshire

Re: a recent Seiko 007 mod for someone

Post by Iceblue on Wed Feb 08 2017, 07:14

What my friend is a work of art absolutely perfect
domecurb
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3197
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Re: a recent Seiko 007 mod for someone

Post by domecurb on Wed Feb 08 2017, 14:14

@Iceblue wrote:What my friend is a work of art absolutely perfect

wait till you see the next one then Wink
Iceblue
Iceblue
Admin

Posts : 1194
Join date : 2016-10-19
Age : 43
Location : Bedfordshire

Re: a recent Seiko 007 mod for someone

Post by Iceblue on Wed Feb 08 2017, 18:32

What do you mean it get better no way hosay
domecurb
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3197
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Re: a recent Seiko 007 mod for someone

Post by domecurb on Wed Feb 08 2017, 18:34

@Iceblue wrote:What do you mean it get better no way hosay

i hope so, but you will need to wait and see Very Happy
avatar
BASHER

Posts : 62
Join date : 2017-02-04
Age : 48
Location : East Midlands

Re: a recent Seiko 007 mod for someone

Post by BASHER on Wed Feb 08 2017, 18:51

Very nice indeed Bruce. Although, I prefer it with the PO bezel insert. Makes it look less like a 007
(Not to say I don't like 007's)!!

I think it would suit my 009 mod though




Elwood
Elwood
FULL MEMBER

Posts : 561
Join date : 2016-09-26
Location : South West England

Re: a recent Seiko 007 mod for someone

Post by Elwood on Wed Feb 08 2017, 19:39

Nice job Bruce, better than the Seiko reissues!
domecurb
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3197
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Re: a recent Seiko 007 mod for someone

Post by domecurb on Wed Feb 08 2017, 19:43

@Elwood wrote:Nice job Bruce, better than the Seiko reissues!

i would like to think so, i try to build what i would like to see Seiko release.....unfortunately during a communication with Seiko head office they told me they never read Forum posts/opinions Sad
domecurb
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3197
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Re: a recent Seiko 007 mod for someone

Post by domecurb on Wed Feb 08 2017, 19:44

@BASHER wrote:Very nice indeed Bruce.  Although, I prefer it with the PO bezel insert. Makes it look less like a 007
(Not to say I don't like 007's)!!

I think it would suit my 009 mod though




if you want it i will pop it in the post to you
avatar
BASHER

Posts : 62
Join date : 2017-02-04
Age : 48
Location : East Midlands

Re: a recent Seiko 007 mod for someone

Post by BASHER on Wed Feb 08 2017, 20:18

That's very kind of you Bruce.
I've looked but can't see a way to pm you?
domecurb
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3197
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Re: a recent Seiko 007 mod for someone

Post by domecurb on Wed Feb 08 2017, 20:18

@BASHER wrote:That's very kind of you Bruce.
I've looked but can't see a way to pm you?

i will pm you then look top left at the notifications bar
SeikoJohn
SeikoJohn
Admin

Posts : 2651
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 47
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: a recent Seiko 007 mod for someone

Post by SeikoJohn on Wed Feb 08 2017, 20:36

@domecurb wrote:
@BASHER wrote:That's very kind of you Bruce.
I've looked but can't see a way to pm you?

i will pm you then look top left at the notifications bar

Or even better look Top Right lol! lol!
domecurb
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3197
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Re: a recent Seiko 007 mod for someone

Post by domecurb on Wed Feb 08 2017, 20:39

@SeikoJohn wrote:
@domecurb wrote:
@BASHER wrote:That's very kind of you Bruce.
I've looked but can't see a way to pm you?

i will pm you then look top left at the notifications bar

Or even better look Top Right lol! lol!

eh ..excuse me..i live in the alternative universe on "Earth 2"......over here its on the left Mad
Embarassed
SeikoJohn
SeikoJohn
Admin

Posts : 2651
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 47
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: a recent Seiko 007 mod for someone

Post by SeikoJohn on Wed Feb 08 2017, 20:47

@domecurb wrote:
eh ..excuse me..i live in the alternative universe on "Earth 2"......over here its on the left Mad
Embarassed

This actually explains a lot about you Very Happy Very Happy
domecurb
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3197
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Re: a recent Seiko 007 mod for someone

Post by domecurb on Wed Feb 08 2017, 20:56

@SeikoJohn wrote:
@domecurb wrote:
eh ..excuse me..i live in the alternative universe on "Earth 2"......over here its on the left Mad
Embarassed

This actually explains a lot about you Very Happy Very Happy

you have no idea Shocked


Sponsored content

Re: a recent Seiko 007 mod for someone

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Fri Mar 22 2019, 00:34