THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/

Latest topics

» Anyone Around!
glutton for punishment.......eBay....AGAIN !!!  EmptySun Dec 27 2020, 15:54 by Robti

» sub £50 screwdriver set
glutton for punishment.......eBay....AGAIN !!!  EmptySun Jun 21 2020, 12:11 by Robti

» Anyone bought anything during lockdown
glutton for punishment.......eBay....AGAIN !!!  EmptyThu May 14 2020, 07:27 by Iceblue

» How is everybody
glutton for punishment.......eBay....AGAIN !!!  EmptyWed Apr 01 2020, 15:35 by Robti

» 2020 future watch collection
glutton for punishment.......eBay....AGAIN !!!  EmptyWed Jan 01 2020, 09:21 by Iceblue

» 31st December 2019
glutton for punishment.......eBay....AGAIN !!!  EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:41 by Iceblue

» Happy new year too you all
glutton for punishment.......eBay....AGAIN !!!  EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:29 by Iceblue

» Merry Christmas
glutton for punishment.......eBay....AGAIN !!!  EmptyWed Dec 25 2019, 21:47 by Robti

» 13th November 2019
glutton for punishment.......eBay....AGAIN !!!  EmptyWed Nov 13 2019, 17:54 by Iceblue

Top posting users this month

No user

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

3 posters

glutton for punishment.......eBay....AGAIN !!!

domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

glutton for punishment.......eBay....AGAIN !!!  Empty glutton for punishment.......eBay....AGAIN !!!

Post by domecurb Mon Mar 20 2017, 15:30

i bought this on Saturday 18th of this month
    glutton for punishment.......eBay....AGAIN !!!  S-l1600

if you look at the description it mentions needing a battery....yeh right Mad ... we all know what that means and if you look at the picture
    the 10, 11, and 1 o'clock markers look damaged like you would get from acid/leaking battery..they have lost definition at the front

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272595610635?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

anyway......it was IMO a calculated risk and if the movement was beyond repair i have a good spare that could be used.........its a very nice and quite rare watch so worth the effort i feel.
    it was "buy it now" so paid instantly
    on sunday evening i hadn't heard anything form the seller........no big deal, but i had a nosey at what other stuff they were selling and lo and behold they were selling this Shocked

glutton for punishment.......eBay....AGAIN !!!  S-l1600

this time for £139 then reduced to £125

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seiko-Mens-Tachtymeter-stainless-steel-7T32-watch-/272596562737?hash=item3f78057331%3Ag%3AINMAAOSwuxFYyo9o&nma=true&si=j6rUIbCb3y3KlUZcrukqO%252F2JDy8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

i contacted them right away asking what the hell was going on and received this answer this morning:

"Hi there. Sorry I have just logged in and seen your messages! Basically I am selling this for my father and wasn t expecting the bidding wars which have took place over the last few days. You bought it sat night and I have literally had approx 30 people messaging me wanting to buy the item. Someone offered £125.00 which is a lot more than it sold for. They messaged me while the item was still live asking me to take down for £125.00 however it sold literally seconds after I had posted it. I am really sorry about all this but have decided to relist completely and get the best price. This is not something I normally do but wasn t expecting such interest to be honest. I will log into paypal and do full refund for you now. Sorry once again. There is no malice in this just want best price for my dad. Thanks again."

thing is, if thats true why didnt the ones that wanted to buy it not just pay £65 like me?....nobody would offer more than a buy it now price Rolling Eyes

next this..... i know its relisted again... Neutral

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seiko-Mens-Tachtymeter-stainless-steel-7T32-watch-/272595743228?hash=item3f77f8f1fc%3Ag%3AINMAAOSwuxFYyo9o&nma=true&si=j6rUIbCb3y3KlUZcrukqO%252F2JDy8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

there was no refund Mad
    i pointed out that i had bought the watch fair and square and got this reply:

"I am really sorry about all this. I am literally getting bombarded with messages/offers every time I log in here. I should have originally listed as an auction but never expected the watch to sell in seconds so didn't have the time to change the format. I can fully refund now and apologise for this mess. Thank you for your offer once again. "

i have pointed out that i did not make an offer, i have actually bought the watch and that what they are doing is greedy and will back fire as £65 for a non running watch is a good price if they sell it for more they buyer is going to be unhappy and either want a refund or a partial refund and they will probably end up with less than i paid.....and no still no refund or reply Mad
    i dont often leave bad feedback for people, but there are limits...........i really hope it affects their future sales as that is the worst kind of behaviour IMHHO
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

glutton for punishment.......eBay....AGAIN !!!  Empty Re: glutton for punishment.......eBay....AGAIN !!!

Post by SeikoJohn Mon Mar 20 2017, 15:47

Sold for £65 then relisted at £125 unsold then sold again for £100 ... WTF !! I seriously hope you got your refund eventually .

domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

glutton for punishment.......eBay....AGAIN !!!  Empty Re: glutton for punishment.......eBay....AGAIN !!!

Post by domecurb Mon Mar 20 2017, 16:12

SeikoJohn wrote:Sold for £65 then relisted at £125 unsold then sold again for £100 ... WTF !! I seriously hope you got your refund eventually .

still waiting John, i have raised a case with ebay, but will have to wait some ridiculous amount of time before i get it back...........its putting me off buying from ebay, it would seem everyone can just do as they please.....at least i got another cracker last night and this seller has at been in touch and dispatched it ......i am just so fed up with morally bankrupt people Mad
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Post by SeikoJohn Mon Mar 20 2017, 16:21

I guess you are going to blame me for last nights purchase ?? Razz

I thought ebay was set up to protect seller and buyer it seems to be on the side of the seller a lot of the time .
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Mon Mar 20 2017, 16:32

SeikoJohn wrote:I guess you are going to blame me for last nights purchase ?? Razz

I thought ebay was set up to protect seller and buyer it seems to be on the side of the seller a lot of the time .

truth is eBay wont or cant enforce its rules a lot of the time, a purchase on ebay is a legaly binding contact for the seller and the buyer, but they wont enforce the law, ebat should have stepped in and told the seller : sorry but you have sold the watch to this person so just send it
    daff62
    daff62

Post by daff62 Mon Mar 20 2017, 23:24

That's terrible & I think negative feedback should be given unless the seller honours the sale & posts the watch. EBay should take a more active role when this type of behaviour is brought to their attention. Evil or Very Mad

I hope this gets sorted quickly one way or another.

I will though be looking forward to hearing a bit more about the other "cracker" you purchased. Very Happy
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Mon Mar 20 2017, 23:38

daff62 wrote:That's terrible & I think negative feedback should be given unless the seller honours the sale & posts the watch. EBay should take a more active role when this type of behaviour is brought to their attention. Evil or Very Mad

I hope this gets sorted quickly one way or another.

I will though be looking forward to hearing a bit more about the other "cracker" you purchased. Very Happy

feedback was left........

" bought the watch, took my money then relisted, greedy and immoral disgraceful "

i think that makes the point.....i would have left more but you only get so many characters to use sadly
    daff62
    daff62

Post by daff62 Tue Mar 21 2017, 09:26

Well, he had the chance to sort matters out but didn't. You also have his messages where he admits to what he had done as back up.

The seller having a few hundred transactions / feedback should have valued his reputation higher than the difference in price he got for the watch. If I had sold something for someone too cheaply I would be making up the price difference myself as it had been my error. Embarassed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 07:15