THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/


1 MORE MEMBER AND WE HAVE A COMPETITION !!!!

Latest topics

» Tuesday 21 May 2019.
Invicta Intrinsic 12470 EmptyYesterday at 10:55 by SeikoJohn

» Monday 20 May 2019.
Invicta Intrinsic 12470 EmptyMon May 20 2019, 12:14 by domecurb

» Saturday 18 May 2019.
Invicta Intrinsic 12470 EmptySat May 18 2019, 09:01 by SeikoJohn

» Friday 17 May 2019.
Invicta Intrinsic 12470 EmptyFri May 17 2019, 13:11 by domecurb

» Thursday 16 May 2019.
Invicta Intrinsic 12470 EmptyThu May 16 2019, 08:44 by daff62

» Wednesday 15th may Mental Health Awareness Week
Invicta Intrinsic 12470 EmptyWed May 15 2019, 10:57 by SeikoJohn

» Tuesday 14 May 2019.
Invicta Intrinsic 12470 EmptyTue May 14 2019, 22:42 by domecurb

» Monday 13 May 2019.
Invicta Intrinsic 12470 EmptyMon May 13 2019, 08:51 by daff62

» Sunday 12 May 2019.
Invicta Intrinsic 12470 EmptySun May 12 2019, 12:07 by domecurb

Top posting users this month

May 2019

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates


visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+


Invicta Intrinsic 12470

domecurb
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3225
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Invicta Intrinsic 12470 Empty Invicta Intrinsic 12470

Post by domecurb on Wed Mar 29 2017, 15:31

Intrinsic 12470 by Invicta, Swiss ISA 9516/3030 Quartz, 200 meter water resistance, screw down pushers, Lumi bright dial, negative digital display showing alarm, day/date, chronograph and second time zone. 48mm wide including the crown and 17mm deep
access to the digital functions are gained via a single short push on the crown and controlled/adjusted by the pushers, the display can also be turned off if required, the time is changed via a long push on the crown, the hands can then be synchronised with the second hand and the time adjusted in quarter minute jumps by a small turn of the crown, rotating the crown speeds up the hand movement for quick setting and then stopped by briefly reversing the crown direction, as you may have noticed it doesn't have a screw down crown which would seem like a weakness on a 200m dive watch but this is a complicated crown system with 4 diamond profiled "o" rings for water protection...
there are 2 things on this watch i don't normally go for and they are white dials and Mercedes hands............the hands are gloss black with white infill so different enough to appeal to me and the white dial is so bright clean and fresh looking and easy to read day and night so again for me forgiveable, the gadget and fiddle value is high on this one:D

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
SeikoJohn
SeikoJohn
Admin

Posts : 2675
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 47
Location : Middlesbrough

Invicta Intrinsic 12470 Empty Re: Invicta Intrinsic 12470

Post by SeikoJohn on Wed Mar 29 2017, 16:43

I havent seen one of these before and I will say it is very nice . Yup the hands are horrid but that too is one of my pet hates the Mercedes style hands but I really like the white dial . Another plus is the fact it is a negative display so does not stand out too much.


_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
daff62
daff62
FULL MEMBER

Posts : 1865
Join date : 2016-09-26

Invicta Intrinsic 12470 Empty Re: Invicta Intrinsic 12470

Post by daff62 on Wed Mar 29 2017, 17:08

That's very nice. Invicta Intrinsic 12470 3377044411 I really like dual display watches and this one works well with the clinical white dial. I also quite like the Mercedes hands as they don't dominate the dial with the sub second section and LCD display all needing their own space. Very Happy

What's the feeling with this one then, a keeper, a possible mod or something to try / enjoy now that may be parted with in the future, or is the jury still out?
domecurb
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3225
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Invicta Intrinsic 12470 Empty Re: Invicta Intrinsic 12470

Post by domecurb on Wed Mar 29 2017, 17:11

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:That's very nice. Invicta Intrinsic 12470 3377044411 I really like dual display watches and this one works well with the clinical white dial. I also quite like the Mercedes hands as they don't dominate the dial with the sub second section and LCD display all needing their own space.  Very Happy

What's the feeling with this one then, a keeper, a possible mod or something to try / enjoy now that may be parted with in the future, or is the jury still out?

no mods or sale, its a keeper i think and of course with a Scottish summer coming up that white dial will show up nicely against my dark suntan lol! lol! lol!
daff62
daff62
FULL MEMBER

Posts : 1865
Join date : 2016-09-26

Invicta Intrinsic 12470 Empty Re: Invicta Intrinsic 12470

Post by daff62 on Wed Mar 29 2017, 17:20

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:That's very nice. Invicta Intrinsic 12470 3377044411 I really like dual display watches and this one works well with the clinical white dial. I also quite like the Mercedes hands as they don't dominate the dial with the sub second section and LCD display all needing their own space.  Very Happy

What's the feeling with this one then, a keeper, a possible mod or something to try / enjoy now that may be parted with in the future, or is the jury still out?

no mods or sale, its a keeper i think and of course with a Scottish summer coming up that white dial will show up nicely against my dark suntan lol! lol! lol!


Glad it's likely to be a keeper, it's got good company with your Invicta grand diver 2. Very Happy

I thought we already had our summer on Monday afternoon when the sun came out for a couple of hours. Nice to hear that there might be more to come. lol!
domecurb
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3225
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Invicta Intrinsic 12470 Empty Re: Invicta Intrinsic 12470

Post by domecurb on Wed Mar 29 2017, 19:10

heres a lume shot Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
daff62
daff62
FULL MEMBER

Posts : 1865
Join date : 2016-09-26

Invicta Intrinsic 12470 Empty Re: Invicta Intrinsic 12470

Post by daff62 on Wed Mar 29 2017, 19:18

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:heres a lume shot Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fantastic Invicta Intrinsic 12470 3377044411
SeikoJohn
SeikoJohn
Admin

Posts : 2675
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 47
Location : Middlesbrough

Invicta Intrinsic 12470 Empty Re: Invicta Intrinsic 12470

Post by SeikoJohn on Wed Mar 29 2017, 19:24

Wow that is a brilliant lume . If you got lost in a crowd you could simply put your hand up in the air and be found straight away.


_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
Elwood
Elwood
FULL MEMBER

Posts : 562
Join date : 2016-09-26
Location : South West England

Invicta Intrinsic 12470 Empty Re: Invicta Intrinsic 12470

Post by Elwood on Wed Mar 29 2017, 22:54

I quite like it, including the hands. Is it huge to wear, how does it compare to a SKX007?
domecurb
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3225
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Invicta Intrinsic 12470 Empty Re: Invicta Intrinsic 12470

Post by domecurb on Wed Mar 29 2017, 23:07

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I quite like it, including the hands. Is it huge to wear, how does it compare to a SKX007?

i dont find it huge to wear, but it is bigger than the 007, the lugs are a lot longer and its a lot thicker too, but i find it very comfortable

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Invicta Intrinsic 12470 Empty Re: Invicta Intrinsic 12470

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Wed May 22 2019, 04:49