THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/

Latest topics

» Tues 25th sept
Today at 16:37 by SeikoJohn

» Monday 24 September 2018.
Yesterday at 17:38 by domecurb

» Sunday 23rd September
Sun Sep 23 2018, 21:09 by Robti

» Saturday 22 September 2018.
Sat Sep 22 2018, 16:09 by Iceblue

» Thursday 20 September 2018.
Thu Sep 20 2018, 13:24 by domecurb

» Wednesday 19 September 2018.
Wed Sep 19 2018, 11:56 by daff62

» Tuesday 18 September 2018.
Tue Sep 18 2018, 12:21 by daff62

» Monday 17 September 2018.
Mon Sep 17 2018, 08:59 by daff62

» Sunday 16 September 2018.
Sun Sep 16 2018, 14:11 by SeikoJohn

Top posting users this month

September 2018

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates


visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+


In need of a change for my Invicta

Share
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin

Posts : 2526
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

In need of a change for my Invicta

Post by SeikoJohn on Wed Feb 22 2017, 19:41

This is my invicta as it is now after I replaced the standard dial and hands and yeah its good but something is missing on the dial it just looks a little too plain



I have this here dial as part of a joblot I bought from Dagaz



BUT the dial feet are set for 4oclock  Sad  so i could remove the feet and use dial dots to stick it to the nh35 movement and this way I think the invicta would look better. With the nh35 having date disk it doesnt leave much room for dial dots but I reckon I should be able to attach at least three spaced out evenly  

Do people think my plan will work ? if so what is best way to remove dial feet ?? and is there anything I havent thought of in my plan ??

cheers
avatar
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3068
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Re: In need of a change for my Invicta

Post by domecurb on Wed Feb 22 2017, 19:56

@SeikoJohn wrote:This is my invicta as it is now after I replaced the standard dial and hands and yeah its good but something is missing on the dial it just looks a little too plain



I have this here dial as part of a joblot I bought from Dagaz



BUT the dial feet are set for 4oclock  Sad  so i could remove the feet and use dial dots to stick it to the nh35 movement and this way I think the invicta would look better. With the nh35 having date disk it doesnt leave much room for dial dots but I reckon I should be able to attach at least three spaced out evenly  

Do people think my plan will work ? if so what is best way to remove dial feet ?? and is there anything I havent thought of in my plan ??

cheers
i am not a fan of dial dots, they are very sticky but also have a sort of jelly consistancy so the dial would tend to move a bit, you are also increasing the gap between the movement and the rear of the dial and this can cause problems refitting the crown and stem and also long term damage the keyless works as well as other issues
an idea may be to trawl ebay for proper water slide tranfers and see if you can find something appropriate for a watch like a small diver or a boat, fish , shark etc...........or maybe something military?.....just a thought
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin

Posts : 2526
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: In need of a change for my Invicta

Post by SeikoJohn on Wed Feb 22 2017, 20:03

Well that is that bubble burst Sad Sad
I see what you mean though about raising the dial from the movement . Water slide transfers is another option and something I will look into as I really like the watch and want to keep it.


_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER

Posts : 1687
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: In need of a change for my Invicta

Post by daff62 on Wed Feb 22 2017, 20:25

It is quite smart as it is John.

I don't know about the dial but would changing the sweep second hand add something to the look of the watch that you would like? I do like the "squiggle" second hand on one of your watches but no doubt there are other permutations and colours that could be quite eye catching. Just a thought. Very Happy
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin

Posts : 2526
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: In need of a change for my Invicta

Post by SeikoJohn on Wed Feb 22 2017, 20:32

I never considered changing one of the hands ... it is certainly a good idea and something I could consider I do have a few unusual spare hands  .



I am currently searching ebay for a decal but it is finding one small enough .... not an easy task
avatar
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3068
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Re: In need of a change for my Invicta

Post by domecurb on Wed Feb 22 2017, 20:35

@SeikoJohn wrote:I never considered changing one of the hands ... it is certainly a good idea and something I could consider I do have a few unusual spare hands  .



I am currently searching ebay for a decal but it is finding one small enough .... not an easy task

you could get a decal made but they cost a fortune, i think one small enough for a watch dial would be in excess of £30
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin

Posts : 2526
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: In need of a change for my Invicta

Post by SeikoJohn on Wed Feb 22 2017, 20:48

@domecurb wrote:
you could get a decal made but they cost a fortune, i think one small enough for a watch dial would be in excess of £30

Cheaper to buy a new dial
avatar
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3068
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Re: In need of a change for my Invicta

Post by domecurb on Wed Feb 22 2017, 20:50

@SeikoJohn wrote:
@domecurb wrote:
you could get a decal made but they cost a fortune, i think one small enough for a watch dial would be in excess of £30

Cheaper to buy a new dial


T'would Neutral
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin

Posts : 2526
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: In need of a change for my Invicta

Post by SeikoJohn on Thu Feb 23 2017, 13:13

Quick update I have bought some transfer/decals from America that are used in Nail art ie art for womens false nails .. yup it sounds crazy but I actually believe this may just work .

All will be revealed once they arrive


_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3068
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Re: In need of a change for my Invicta

Post by domecurb on Thu Feb 23 2017, 13:19

looking forward to seeing this

i guess if they don't work you can always explore your feminine side Razz Razz
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin

Posts : 2526
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: In need of a change for my Invicta

Post by SeikoJohn on Thu Feb 23 2017, 13:33

@domecurb wrote:i guess if they don't work you can always explore your feminine side  Razz Razz

Yeah i can stick em on the toes on one of my Prosthetic legs Very Happy Very Happy
avatar
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3068
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Re: In need of a change for my Invicta

Post by domecurb on Thu Feb 23 2017, 13:44

@SeikoJohn wrote:
@domecurb wrote:i guess if they don't work you can always explore your feminine side  Razz Razz

Yeah i can stick em on the toes on one of my Prosthetic legs Very Happy Very Happy
Laughing
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER

Posts : 1687
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: In need of a change for my Invicta

Post by daff62 on Thu Feb 23 2017, 18:16

@SeikoJohn wrote:Quick update I have bought some transfer/decals from America that are used in Nail art ie art for womens false nails .. yup it sounds crazy but I actually believe this may just work .

All will be revealed once they arrive


That's a good idea. Looking forward to seeing what you've picked John & how it works out. Very Happy
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin

Posts : 2526
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: In need of a change for my Invicta

Post by SeikoJohn on Sat Mar 04 2017, 11:38

Mr Postman brought these yesterday



They are transfers that are used on womens nails I like the idea of the Turtle plus I think "Blue Turtle" would be a cool brand name for a watch . Not sure if these transfers are going to work out how I planned so will have a little try with one later and see how it goes.


_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER

Posts : 1687
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: In need of a change for my Invicta

Post by daff62 on Sat Mar 04 2017, 11:46

@SeikoJohn wrote:Mr Postman brought these yesterday



They are transfers that are used on womens nails I like the idea of the Turtle plus I think "Blue Turtle" would be a cool brand name for a watch . Not sure if these transfers are going to work out how I planned so will have a little try with one later and see how it goes.

They look pretty cool John. My only thought would be knowing how to remove them from the dial if they started to flake or you wanted to try another one. I know my daughter uses a nail varnish remover but don't know how the same substance, if it's needed, would react with the dial.
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin

Posts : 2526
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: In need of a change for my Invicta

Post by SeikoJohn on Sat Mar 04 2017, 11:50

I was told that once the transfer is on the dial I can then spray the dial with a matte lacquer to seal it in.


_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER

Posts : 1687
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: In need of a change for my Invicta

Post by daff62 on Sat Mar 04 2017, 12:00

@SeikoJohn wrote:I was told that once the transfer is on the dial I can then spray the dial with a matte lacquer to seal it in.

That sounds good with the only caveat being that it can still be removed if you wanted in the future. I really like the "blue turtle" idea as a brand name and if that name could be applied to the dial it would also look good. The image to me though would work really well & be quite unique so will look forward to seeing how you get on. Very Happy
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin

Posts : 2526
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: In need of a change for my Invicta

Post by SeikoJohn on Sat Mar 04 2017, 13:43

If this plan does not work I bought some alternative transfers that arrived this morning







_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin

Posts : 2526
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: In need of a change for my Invicta

Post by SeikoJohn on Sat Mar 04 2017, 14:14

Had a little play around and plan A will not work as it needs a light background to be able to see the turtle. If you look at the right of the lighter you can see the transfer faintly but no turtle but plan B worked out great



_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER

Posts : 1687
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: In need of a change for my Invicta

Post by daff62 on Sat Mar 04 2017, 14:54

@SeikoJohn wrote:Had a little play around and plan A will not work as it needs a light background to be able to see the turtle. If you look at the right of the lighter you can see the transfer faintly but no turtle but plan B worked out great


It's a pity about the turtle though plan B looks like it's going to work out well.
With the new transfers I must admit I quite like the yellow bordered eye though not sure how that would work on the dial.
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin

Posts : 2526
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: In need of a change for my Invicta

Post by SeikoJohn on Sun Mar 05 2017, 10:07

I took the Wings and logo off my old Invicta dial and put this transfer on I rather like it I think it looks different but I took it back off as I am going to try to cut round the circle for a neater finish



_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER

Posts : 1687
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: In need of a change for my Invicta

Post by daff62 on Sun Mar 05 2017, 11:44

That looks good John.

Good luck with the trimming, my hands wouldn't be steady enough to do it neatly. Shocked

Sponsored content

Re: In need of a change for my Invicta

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Tue Sep 25 2018, 17:41