THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM
PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
Latest topics
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
88 Posts - 27%
78 Posts - 24%
42 Posts - 13%
38 Posts - 12%
29 Posts - 9%
23 Posts - 7%
22 Posts - 7%
1 Post - 0%
October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+


Share
View previous topicGo downView next topic
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2014
Join date : 2016-09-19

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Mon Oct 03 2016, 23:14
It was the spelling mistake that threw me ....honest lol
Just had a little google search and all makes sense now. I enjoy this learning it makes my brain all fuzzy
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2672
Join date : 2016-09-18
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Mon Oct 03 2016, 23:19
SeikoJohn wrote:It was the spelling mistake that threw me ....honest lol
Just had a little google search and all makes sense now. I enjoy this learning it makes my brain all fuzzy

sorry... that was my fault, Secura or Sicura its all the same to me Very Happy
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2672
Join date : 2016-09-18
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Tue Oct 04 2016, 11:36
so the watches job lot arrived this morning and apart from the crap packing where all the watches were bundled unprotected in a plastic bag, i am delighted
just a quick sift through and i was right...there was a Citizen 8600....this is the one with the flashing LED at 12, very rare, i took off the battery hatch fearing the worst and there was no battery and it was spotless inside, popped a battery in and its running perfectly, it would easily pass for NOS cheers

the one i though may be a Sicura........isnt !  its a "Sportline" ??  super quality, lemania movement and running strongly at the risk of ridicule.its omega standard.
there are so many gems  i dont know where to start, seiko, citizens, quartz mechanical Swiss russian etc
there is even a solid silver trench watch and its running too Shocked

here's the Sportline.this really interests me, it needs a major clean, its disgusting and obviously needs a pusher, luckily the crystal although scratched is intact




LOOK AT THE DNA affraid



so...anyone heard of Sportline ?

anyway i am chuffed to bits, i think this is the best buy i have made in a long time
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2014
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Tue Oct 04 2016, 12:55
Great news on the Citizen 8600 what a good find Very Happy I can see you bing busy with the ultrasonic cleaner for a while now Bruce Smile

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
Guest
Guest

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Tue Oct 04 2016, 14:57
Nope

Still a nice catch... just find a non work Lemania and drop the movement in bounce
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1351
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Tue Oct 04 2016, 17:46
Great result from a mixed job lot of watches.

Would be good to see a pic of the silver trench watch as and when possible. bounce
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2672
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Tue Oct 04 2016, 18:09
daff62 wrote:Great result from a mixed job lot of watches.

Would be good to see a pic of the silver trench watch as and when possible. bounce

here you go....i found an identical one on ebay, only difference it had Omega on the dial









really nice little watch and the inside is covered in service marks so seem looked after, its keeping really good time as well Smile

the omega one
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1351
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Tue Oct 04 2016, 18:47
domecurb wrote:
daff62 wrote:Great result from a mixed job lot of watches.

Would be good to see a pic of the silver trench watch as and when possible. bounce

here you go....i found an identical one on ebay, only difference it had Omega on the dial









really nice little watch and the inside is covered in service marks so seem looked after, its keeping really good time as well Smile

the omega one

Thanks for posting the pictures.

That's a fantastic watch with a good quality movement and in great condition. From what I can see of the hallmarks it looks like the import mark for London & a date letter for 1918.

Still working well after nearly 100 years & what a great find in amongst a job lot of watches. Very Happy
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2672
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Tue Oct 04 2016, 18:55
daff62 wrote:
domecurb wrote:
daff62 wrote:Great result from a mixed job lot of watches.

Would be good to see a pic of the silver trench watch as and when possible. bounce

here you go....i found an identical one on ebay, only difference it had Omega on the dial









really nice little watch and the inside is covered in service marks so seem looked after, its keeping really good time as well Smile

the omega one

Thanks for posting the pictures.  

That's a fantastic watch with a good quality movement and in great condition. From what I can see of the hallmarks it looks like the import mark for London & a date letter for 1918.

Still working well after nearly 100 years & what a great find in amongst a job lot of watches. Very Happy

still got another 50 odd to go through, but very pleased up to now
Sponsored content

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum