THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/

Latest topics

» Anyone Around!
another ebay problem EmptySun Dec 27 2020, 15:54 by Robti

» sub £50 screwdriver set
another ebay problem EmptySun Jun 21 2020, 12:11 by Robti

» Anyone bought anything during lockdown
another ebay problem EmptyThu May 14 2020, 07:27 by Iceblue

» How is everybody
another ebay problem EmptyWed Apr 01 2020, 15:35 by Robti

» 2020 future watch collection
another ebay problem EmptyWed Jan 01 2020, 09:21 by Iceblue

» 31st December 2019
another ebay problem EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:41 by Iceblue

» Happy new year too you all
another ebay problem EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:29 by Iceblue

» Merry Christmas
another ebay problem EmptyWed Dec 25 2019, 21:47 by Robti

» 13th November 2019
another ebay problem EmptyWed Nov 13 2019, 17:54 by Iceblue

Top posting users this month

No user

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

2 posters

another ebay problem

domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

another ebay problem Empty another ebay problem

Post by domecurb Thu Mar 02 2017, 13:42

yep another problem purchase on ebay, i get a lot of good lucky purchases on ebay, but its now getting to the point where i am getting as many bad ones......

i bought non running seiko 5 last week, all i wanted was the movement and as the crown and possibly stem was missing there was a good chance the movement was in good condition, i also knew the movement was at the very least a 7s26 or maybe a 7s36, i knew this because the watch has a display back and Seiko only started doing them with the 7s26 although i would have been happy with either movements

a white envelope arrived this morning [ just a standard one you would get with a letter ] and inside was the watch with a piece of tissue round it.........the kind you use if you have a cold, not surprisingly there were pieces of glass everywhere Mad
    on examination, the front crystal was missing, the crown as expected was missing, the display back crystal was smashed, the balance wheel and bridge was missing from the movement along with other parts then to top it all it turns out to be a fake ! Mad  and very poor one at that, the dial is really bad quality and has 7s26 printed on the bottom, the movement has 7009a printed on the rotor, now here's the thing......7s26 on the dial and a 7009a movement..........if real these don't fit together, the dial feet are miles out on the real deal, anyway that just a bit of trivia Wink

i sent this message to give the seller an opportunity to sort this out without going through eBay and if he/she does i wont leave bad feedback although i should just for the bad packing Mad  its not as much as i wanted to say but you are limited to the amount of character you can use on ebay messages

"the watch arrived this morning, it arrived in an envelope with 2 bits of tissue around it which is no use as packing when sending a watch, the front crystal is missing, the rear crystal is smashed due to the poor packing, the balance wheel and other parts are missing from the movement and to add insult to injury the watch is a fake, none of this was clear from either your description or photos, its has been economicaly described with poor photographs, i dont buy fakes ! but i know one when i see one, the dial is poor quality and not seiko quality, the watch is supposed to have a 7s26 movement [ which is the bit i wanted ], the movement in the watch is a very poor quality fake 7009A, infact the whole watch is wrong..............i will give you the benefit of doubt as to the origins of the fake, but the packing is terrible.
    my suggestion is to deal with this easily, please refund my £9.99 to my paypal account along with the return postage if you want the watch back, if not i will bin it"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112311487191?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

its not a lot of money,its more the principle, coincidently the seller is currently selling a fake Breitling dial and movement Neutral
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

another ebay problem Empty Re: another ebay problem

Post by domecurb Thu Mar 02 2017, 17:19

i recieved this answer fromthe seller:
    I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction' The watch was stated for parts and repairs, The watch was sent to you has described. I clearly was not misleading. Please refer back to the add page. for descriptor . Respectfully Nina.

i contacted ebay stating the seller sold me a fake and within 20 minutes i had a refund Shocked and i have to dispose of the watch .........on this occasion top marks to ebay
    daff62
    daff62

Post by daff62 Thu Mar 02 2017, 18:16

That's a rotten experience, it's good that EBay took such prompt action as the seller obviously wasn't prepared to resolve matters.

While eBay is great for seeing a wide range of watch types , brands etc at various price points I've never had any lucky finds. I'm just happy for something to have been well packed and arrive in good order. I am though using it far less these days because of the frequency of issues. Rolling Eyes
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Thu Mar 02 2017, 18:26

daff62 wrote:That's a rotten experience, it's good that EBay took such prompt action as the seller obviously wasn't prepared to resolve matters.

While eBay is great for seeing a wide range of watch types , brands etc at various price points I've never had any lucky finds. I'm just happy for something to have been well packed and arrive in good order. I am though using it far less these days because of the frequency of issues. Rolling Eyes

i am always happy to buy non working watches, as i have often said theycan be calculated risks and if nothing else you end up with spares which is why i have so many spares Very Happy
    i draw the line at fakes though Mad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 17:16