THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/

Latest topics

» Anyone Around!
Another orient back from the brink   EmptySun Dec 27 2020, 15:54 by Robti

» sub £50 screwdriver set
Another orient back from the brink   EmptySun Jun 21 2020, 12:11 by Robti

» Anyone bought anything during lockdown
Another orient back from the brink   EmptyThu May 14 2020, 07:27 by Iceblue

» How is everybody
Another orient back from the brink   EmptyWed Apr 01 2020, 15:35 by Robti

» 2020 future watch collection
Another orient back from the brink   EmptyWed Jan 01 2020, 09:21 by Iceblue

» 31st December 2019
Another orient back from the brink   EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:41 by Iceblue

» Happy new year too you all
Another orient back from the brink   EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:29 by Iceblue

» Merry Christmas
Another orient back from the brink   EmptyWed Dec 25 2019, 21:47 by Robti

» 13th November 2019
Another orient back from the brink   EmptyWed Nov 13 2019, 17:54 by Iceblue

Top posting users this month

No user

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

4 posters

Another orient back from the brink

Iceblue
    Iceblue
    Admin

Another orient back from the brink   Empty Another orient back from the brink

Post by Iceblue Sun Feb 19 2017, 16:25

So I have had this for a while but the Quartz movement was shot , so after a while trying to source that was impossible and I had a battered old orient that had a working movement, bingo 1/2 hour later and back from the brink of the scrap watch heap another orient Quartz divers survived

Orient Quartz
    D39748-90
    10 bar wr
    42mm case
    21mm lugs
    Anti-clockwise bezel
    Fitted on a 20mm rubber

Another orient back from the brink   366BDACA-2082-4FAC-8A09-0F434CDE36DF_zpsvuoirqxw
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Another orient back from the brink   Empty Re: Another orient back from the brink

Post by domecurb Sun Feb 19 2017, 16:42

well done Andy, nice dial lol!
    Iceblue
    Iceblue
    Admin

Another orient back from the brink   Empty Re: Another orient back from the brink

Post by Iceblue Sun Feb 19 2017, 16:45

Cheers Bruce it was a toss up between this and another one I had and this one had more going for it , the other one was a two tone divers and the hand are not that great
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Sun Feb 19 2017, 16:47

Iceblue wrote:Cheers Bruce it was a toss up between this and another one I had and this one had more going for it , the other one was a two tone divers and the hand are not that great
    dont forget i have another for you too which will also need a movement................i will remember to post it ....Honest !! Shocked
    Iceblue
    Iceblue
    Admin

Post by Iceblue Sun Feb 19 2017, 16:51

domecurb wrote:
    Iceblue wrote:Cheers Bruce it was a toss up between this and another one I had and this one had more going for it , the other one was a two tone divers and the hand are not that great
    dont forget i have another for you too which will also need a movement................i will remember to post it ....Honest !! Shocked

A quick question am I right in saying that most older orient Quartz used the same movement in house depending on if they are day or day date on non day date approx three different movements

Domecurb I am getting excited lol
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Post by SeikoJohn Sun Feb 19 2017, 17:07

Well done Andy it looks great and a personal achievement knowing you brought it back to life
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Post by SeikoJohn Sun Feb 19 2017, 17:57

How many Orients is this you have now Andy ? come on be honest Very Happy
    Iceblue
    Iceblue
    Admin

Post by Iceblue Sun Feb 19 2017, 18:08

SeikoJohn wrote:How many Orients is this you have now Andy ? come on be honest Very Happy

5 at the moment and possibly being supprised by a fellow member

3 up and running

2 need fixing
    Iceblue
    Iceblue
    Admin

Post by Iceblue Sun Feb 19 2017, 18:08

But to be honist finding movements is like fine rocking horse poo
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Sun Feb 19 2017, 18:36

Iceblue wrote:
    domecurb wrote:

A quick question am I right in saying that most older orient Quartz used the same movement in house depending on if they are day or day date on non day date approx three different movements

Domecurb I am getting excited lol

they are all very similar and i would imagine any orient quartz from that era will fit...they are out there....you just need to find them Wink
    Iceblue
    Iceblue
    Admin

Post by Iceblue Sun Feb 19 2017, 18:48

Find them I will try lol
    daff62
    daff62

Post by daff62 Sun Feb 19 2017, 19:45

Iceblue wrote:So I have had this for a while but the Quartz movement was shot , so after a while trying to source that was impossible and I had a battered old orient that had a working movement, bingo 1/2 hour later and back from the brink of the scrap watch heap another orient Quartz divers survived

Orient Quartz
    D39748-90
    10 bar wr
    42mm case
    21mm lugs
    Anti-clockwise bezel
    Fitted on a 20mm rubber

Another orient back from the brink   366BDACA-2082-4FAC-8A09-0F434CDE36DF_zpsvuoirqxw

Great result Another orient back from the brink   3377044411 It must be very rewarding bringing a watch back to life which may otherwise be discarded. While the movements may be rare no doubt part of the pleasure will be keeping a look out & finding them when they do appear. Very Happy
    Iceblue
    Iceblue
    Admin

Post by Iceblue Sun Feb 19 2017, 20:20

daff62 wrote:
    Iceblue wrote:So I have had this for a while but the Quartz movement was shot , so after a while trying to source that was impossible and I had a battered old orient that had a working movement, bingo 1/2 hour later and back from the brink of the scrap watch heap another orient Quartz divers survived

Orient Quartz
    D39748-90
    10 bar wr
    42mm case
    21mm lugs
    Anti-clockwise bezel
    Fitted on a 20mm rubber

Great result Another orient back from the brink   3377044411 It must be very rewarding bringing a watch back to life which may otherwise be discarded. While the movements may be rare no doubt part of the pleasure will be keeping a look out & finding them when they do appear. Very Happy

It's a great pleasure and a great felling bringing. It back from the scrap heap , finding them and trying to find the parts are a nice challenge worth the hunt
    daff62
    daff62

Post by daff62 Sun Feb 19 2017, 21:11

Great result Another orient back from the brink   3377044411 It must be very rewarding bringing a watch back to life which may otherwise be discarded. While the movements may be rare no doubt part of the pleasure will be keeping a look out & finding them when they do appear. Very Happy [/quote]

It's a great pleasure and a great felling bringing. It back from the scrap heap , finding them and trying to find the parts are a nice challenge worth the hunt [/quote]

There's also a lot of knowledge and experience involved which I respect. Another orient back from the brink   3377044411

I wonder how many parts, broken watches, cases etc forum members have accumulated over the years. Bet there is a fair amount of "treasures". Very Happy
    Iceblue
    Iceblue
    Admin

Post by Iceblue Sun Feb 19 2017, 21:20

Yep I have another two orient divers one that needs a movement and hands and one I don't no yet what it needs , I also have a little box full of parts that Domecurb kindly gave me so I have probebley the largest parts selection in the world if sourcing them is anything to go by lol

I officially name myself the largest vintage orient Quartz stockists not lol!
    daff62
    daff62

Post by daff62 Sun Feb 19 2017, 21:32

I'm quite good when it comes to broken watches though I have had years to accumulate them. lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 15:01