THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/

Latest topics

» Anyone Around!
Fake watches EmptySun Dec 27 2020, 15:54 by Robti

» sub £50 screwdriver set
Fake watches EmptySun Jun 21 2020, 12:11 by Robti

» Anyone bought anything during lockdown
Fake watches EmptyThu May 14 2020, 07:27 by Iceblue

» How is everybody
Fake watches EmptyWed Apr 01 2020, 15:35 by Robti

» 2020 future watch collection
Fake watches EmptyWed Jan 01 2020, 09:21 by Iceblue

» 31st December 2019
Fake watches EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:41 by Iceblue

» Happy new year too you all
Fake watches EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:29 by Iceblue

» Merry Christmas
Fake watches EmptyWed Dec 25 2019, 21:47 by Robti

» 13th November 2019
Fake watches EmptyWed Nov 13 2019, 17:54 by Iceblue

Top posting users this month

No user

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

4 posters

Fake watches

domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Fake watches Empty Fake watches

Post by domecurb Sun Nov 06 2016, 19:44

worth a look Wink

SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Fake watches Empty Re: Fake watches

Post by SeikoJohn Sun Nov 06 2016, 20:24

Quite enjoyed watching that cheers Bruce although I must admit I didnt really fancy sny of the watches so no real worries about me buying a fake Very Happy
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Sun Nov 06 2016, 20:27

SeikoJohn wrote:Quite enjoyed watching that cheers Bruce although I must admit I didnt really fancy sny of the watches so no real worries about me buying a fake Very Happy

i have to agree, even if real they all left a bit to be desired Smile
    daff62
    daff62

Post by daff62 Mon Nov 07 2016, 12:33

Very interesting, thanks for posting. Fake watches 3377044411

The types of watches being showing as examples are all pretty valuable. I always thought if a person was in a position to afford such a watch they would only use an authorised / trustworthy source.

When they say there more and more fakes like them out there what medium is being used to sell them at or near to the retail price?

If you bought a watch via an auction house which turned out not to be genuine would they be responsible & refund the buyer?

I imagine there are fakes / made up watches at all price bands so with the wider potential customer base it will be easier to deceive. I just never understood how it was done with the highly valuable / exclusive watches.

domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Mon Nov 07 2016, 14:36

daff62 wrote:Very interesting, thanks for posting. Fake watches 3377044411

The types of watches being showing as examples are all pretty valuable. I always thought if a person was in a position to afford such a watch they would only use an authorised / trustworthy source.

When they say there more and more fakes like them out there what medium is being used to sell them at or near to the retail price?

If you bought a watch via an auction house which turned out not to be genuine would they be responsible & refund the buyer?

I imagine there are fakes / made up watches at all price bands so with the wider potential customer base it will be easier to deceive. I just never understood how it was done with the highly valuable / exclusive watches.

Rolex's were always the ones that caught people out, even dealers get caught out, my old watchguy was given a fake from a friend in germany and he couldn't tell what the difference was. the only way they could tell was from the serial number which just didnt exist in the Rolex data base, now.... he is Omega trained mid 70's and what he doesnt know isn't worth knowing so if he cant tell what chance do any of us stand? as mentioned in the clip some fakes are taken in lieu of debt, some make it into Auctions where the experts are caught out, some buyers are ignorant of the facts and some buy them knowingly just to look good, the other watches shown are IMO more of a risk as they are less expected to be fakes, i would always be suspicious of any Rolex, but that Panerai with its box etc i just wouldn't of questioned................it looks so good Shocked
    i think the thing to remember is that 99% of fakes are bought by buyers that know fine what they are buying....you know the type..the shallow image conscious kind Very Happy...bizarrely probably the same type that would buy a real Rolex just for the image, but with less money Laughing
    i hate fakes with a passion, they are made by criminals and dealt in by criminals and millions of dollars are earned as a consequence, China is the main culprit and they simply dont care Mad
    daff62
    daff62

Post by daff62 Mon Nov 07 2016, 15:58

That's scary that your watch guy couldn't tell the difference. Shocked

Someone did say to me in the past that sometimes some genuine parts are used which further complicates matters.

If I was ever in a position to buy a modern Rolex for example it sounds like the only safe way would be via an authorised dealer or jewellers.

No doubt the top watch manufacturers are actively trying to combat this issue to safeguard potential buyers who may be purchasing a watch new or second hand.
    apm101
    apm101

Post by apm101 Tue Nov 15 2016, 09:26

With Rolex, normally all it takes is a look at the movement, as the fakers don't usually bother to make it look real. Bit of a pain though, especially for a dive watch, as you will have to reseal and pressure test.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 18:10