THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/

Latest topics

» Anyone Around!
Can a leather strap be distressed  EmptySun Dec 27 2020, 15:54 by Robti

» sub £50 screwdriver set
Can a leather strap be distressed  EmptySun Jun 21 2020, 12:11 by Robti

» Anyone bought anything during lockdown
Can a leather strap be distressed  EmptyThu May 14 2020, 07:27 by Iceblue

» How is everybody
Can a leather strap be distressed  EmptyWed Apr 01 2020, 15:35 by Robti

» 2020 future watch collection
Can a leather strap be distressed  EmptyWed Jan 01 2020, 09:21 by Iceblue

» 31st December 2019
Can a leather strap be distressed  EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:41 by Iceblue

» Happy new year too you all
Can a leather strap be distressed  EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:29 by Iceblue

» Merry Christmas
Can a leather strap be distressed  EmptyWed Dec 25 2019, 21:47 by Robti

» 13th November 2019
Can a leather strap be distressed  EmptyWed Nov 13 2019, 17:54 by Iceblue

Top posting users this month

No user

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

2 posters

Can a leather strap be distressed

SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Can a leather strap be distressed  Empty Can a leather strap be distressed

Post by SeikoJohn Sat Sep 02 2017, 19:16

Do any members have any hints tips or advice on how to make a leather strap look distressed ?

I bought a couple of straps recently from cousins with the intention of making them look old and used just not sure how to go about doing it . I have read a little about putting them in a bag that is full of stones and simply throw the bag about ? I did think about making a cup of tea or coffee and once cool going over the stitching with a fine brush to dye the thread , any other tips would be greatly appreciated

Can a leather strap be distressed  IMG_20170902_190839664
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Can a leather strap be distressed  Empty Re: Can a leather strap be distressed

Post by domecurb Sat Sep 02 2017, 19:19

lock them in a dark cuboard with scary noises in the background....that should distress them affraid
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Post by SeikoJohn Sat Sep 02 2017, 19:22

domecurb wrote:lock them in a dark cuboard with scary noises in the background....that should distress them affraid

sorry I was not clear enough in my post , I should have said any USEFUL tips and advice would be appreciated Very Happy Very Happy
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Sat Sep 02 2017, 19:28

SeikoJohn wrote:
    domecurb wrote:lock them in a dark cuboard with scary noises in the background....that should distress them affraid

sorry I was not clear enough in my post , I should have said any USEFUL tips and advice would be appreciated Very Happy Very Happy

sorry i mistook the word "Straps" for "children" Rolling Eyes
    of course you wouldnt treat straps that way........tisk Rolling Eyes
    some fine emery paper to remove the shiny finish, some bleach to take patches of colour out and various shades of shoe polish will do wonders, but remember to leave the kids in the cupboard Wink
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Post by SeikoJohn Sat Sep 02 2017, 19:37

domecurb wrote:
    SeikoJohn wrote:

sorry i mistook the word "Straps" for "children" Rolling Eyes
    of course you wouldnt treat straps that way........tisk Rolling Eyes
    some fine emery paper to remove the shiny finish, some bleach to take patches of colour out and various shades of shoe polish will do wonders, but remember to leave the kids in the cupboard Wink

The grandkids are sleeping here on Friday I could give them each a part of a strap some bleach and emery paper I am sure they would have great fun . Very Happy

Thanks for the info luckily I have some old leather offcuts left over so I may try on them first rather than ruin a strap .
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Post by SeikoJohn Sun Sep 03 2017, 20:08

I found this video good to watch and quite useful

domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Sun Sep 03 2017, 20:21

lovely strap, but what a lot of work for just one Shocked
    i was thinking of doing a couple myself for the bullheads i have coming as they dont have any straps or bracelets and i was going to use my laser to put a logo or design in the leather
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Post by SeikoJohn Sun Sep 03 2017, 20:22

domecurb wrote:i was going to use my laser to put a logo or design in the leather

If you used your Laser would the logo look as though it had been branded onto the strap ?

I watched this video and it is hypnotic to watch (( skip the boring bit and go to 3:50 ))

domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Sun Sep 03 2017, 20:39

SeikoJohn wrote:
    domecurb wrote:i was going to use my laser to put a logo or design in the leather

If you used your Laser would the logo look as though it had been branded onto the strap ?

I watched this video and it is hypnotic to watch (( skip the boring bit and go to 3:50 ))

i did this ages ago, its gaelic symbols etc and it works quite well IMO, this is as it came out the laser so could be improved with a bit of polish
    Can a leather strap be distressed  Img_2053
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Post by SeikoJohn Sun Sep 03 2017, 20:43

That looks good , very good in fact . It would be a cool idea if you could have a watch strap with TWCF lasered onto it . I would buy one of them Very Happy
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Sun Sep 03 2017, 20:45

SeikoJohn wrote:That looks good , very good in fact . It would be a cool idea if you could have a watch strap with TWCF lasered onto it . I would buy one of them Very Happy

you would buy one with a bullhead attached to it ? lol!
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Post by SeikoJohn Sun Sep 03 2017, 20:48

domecurb wrote:
    SeikoJohn wrote:That looks good , very good in fact . It would be a cool idea if you could have a watch strap with TWCF lasered onto it . I would buy one of them Very Happy

Of course Very Happy
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Sun Sep 03 2017, 20:51

SeikoJohn wrote:
    domecurb wrote:

Of course Very Happy

no probs.......£6,000 a piece Very Happy
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Post by SeikoJohn Sun Sep 03 2017, 20:54

domecurb wrote:

That is one expensive strap with a bullhead attached to it , can I hold back on a decision until I have seen the end product of your Laser workmanship please. Shocked Shocked
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Sun Sep 03 2017, 21:00

SeikoJohn wrote:
    domecurb wrote:

That is one expensive strap with a bullhead attached to it , can I hold back on a decision until I have seen the end product of your Laser workmanship please. Shocked Shocked

2.5% off for members Can a leather strap be distressed  3377044411
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Post by SeikoJohn Sun Sep 03 2017, 21:02

I am not agreeing to anything or signing anything until I have seen a photo of the finished product Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12 2024, 06:55