THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/

Latest topics

» Anyone Around!
Paypal change of T&C's EmptySun Dec 27 2020, 15:54 by Robti

» sub £50 screwdriver set
Paypal change of T&C's EmptySun Jun 21 2020, 12:11 by Robti

» Anyone bought anything during lockdown
Paypal change of T&C's EmptyThu May 14 2020, 07:27 by Iceblue

» How is everybody
Paypal change of T&C's EmptyWed Apr 01 2020, 15:35 by Robti

» 2020 future watch collection
Paypal change of T&C's EmptyWed Jan 01 2020, 09:21 by Iceblue

» 31st December 2019
Paypal change of T&C's EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:41 by Iceblue

» Happy new year too you all
Paypal change of T&C's EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:29 by Iceblue

» Merry Christmas
Paypal change of T&C's EmptyWed Dec 25 2019, 21:47 by Robti

» 13th November 2019
Paypal change of T&C's EmptyWed Nov 13 2019, 17:54 by Iceblue

Top posting users this month

No user

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

3 posters

Paypal change of T&C's

domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Paypal change of T&C's Empty Paypal change of T&C's

Post by domecurb Mon Feb 06 2017, 13:19

i was notified by Paypal about their T&C's changing, i scanned through them got bored and did something else, but be warned as they are now charging if you use a debit,credit card or bank balance through their system, it has just cost me £5.57 for a transaction with a Chinese seller ...........so paypal get fees from the seller and the buyer now.......way to go paypal cheers Mad
    daff62
    daff62

Paypal change of T&C's Empty Re: Paypal change of T&C's

Post by daff62 Mon Feb 06 2017, 15:01

I used PayPal last night for a purchase so checked my account details but there wasn't any charge.

Looking at the PayPal site they say payment is free if using a bank account, debit card or PayPal balance. If a credit card is used or for an international transfer or if it involves a currency conversion a charge will be made. Possibly this web page is out of date though.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Post by SeikoJohn Mon Feb 06 2017, 15:05

I also bought from China/Hong Kong yesterday and no extra charges for me .. Maybe it is just Paypal's Scottish Import Tax lol! lol!
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Mon Feb 06 2017, 15:10

daff62 wrote:I used PayPal last night for a purchase so checked my account details but there wasn't any charge.

Looking at the PayPal site they say payment is free if using a bank account, debit card or PayPal balance. If a credit card is used or for an international transfer or if it involves a currency conversion a charge will be made. Possibly this web page is out of date though.

i used a debit card and they are now under their new T&C's, maybe the payments you made went through as a personal payment?? and mine went through as a buisness one...dont know but noit happy anyway
    daff62
    daff62

Post by daff62 Mon Feb 06 2017, 15:34

domecurb wrote:
    daff62 wrote:I used PayPal last night for a purchase so checked my account details but there wasn't any charge.

i used a debit card and they are now under their new T&C's, maybe the payments you made  went through as a personal payment?? and mine went through as a buisness one...dont know but noit happy anyway

It was something on eBay and my PayPal account is linked to the details on my bank debit card. I only ever buy items in the UK so that would avoid any international payments or currency conversions which could attract fees.
    I've checked my emails from PayPal and there isn't anything, yet, regarding new terms etc.
    I will keep a look out though from now on. Shocked
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Mon Feb 06 2017, 15:46

daff62 wrote:
    domecurb wrote:

i used a debit card and they are now under their new T&C's, maybe the payments you made  went through as a personal payment?? and mine went through as a buisness one...dont know but noit happy anyway

It was something on eBay and my PayPal account is linked to the details on my bank debit card. I only ever buy items in the UK so that would avoid any international payments or currency conversions which could attract fees.
    I've checked my emails from PayPal and there isn't anything, yet, regarding new terms etc.
    I will keep a look out though from now on. Shocked

its all a bit low IMO, but then i should have read the T&C's correctly, i probably would have still bought form hong kong but at least i would have known, things is this is on top of the money they make from the exchange rate as the ALWAYS charge top dollar Mad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 20:19