THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/

Latest topics

» Anyone Around!
Cupboard find EmptySun Dec 27 2020, 15:54 by Robti

» sub £50 screwdriver set
Cupboard find EmptySun Jun 21 2020, 12:11 by Robti

» Anyone bought anything during lockdown
Cupboard find EmptyThu May 14 2020, 07:27 by Iceblue

» How is everybody
Cupboard find EmptyWed Apr 01 2020, 15:35 by Robti

» 2020 future watch collection
Cupboard find EmptyWed Jan 01 2020, 09:21 by Iceblue

» 31st December 2019
Cupboard find EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:41 by Iceblue

» Happy new year too you all
Cupboard find EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:29 by Iceblue

» Merry Christmas
Cupboard find EmptyWed Dec 25 2019, 21:47 by Robti

» 13th November 2019
Cupboard find EmptyWed Nov 13 2019, 17:54 by Iceblue

Top posting users this month

No user

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

5 posters

Cupboard find

Elwood
    Elwood

Cupboard find Empty Cupboard find

Post by Elwood Sun Jan 22 2017, 02:49

My wife left me at home with children today whilst she was conducting some sort of secret mission I'm not allowed to know about. My instructions were to clear out our spare room. It was full of rubbish and as such hasn't been used a great deal since we moved into the house, two years ago.

It's got a little built in cupboard in the back corner so I thought I'd have a look in there first and made a great find. I forgot I used to keep a brief case with nothing in it other than watches I needed to repair. This find kind of hampered my tidying efforts as it led to me and the children playing around with a load of watches and eating pancakes, which beats tidying any day.

The brief case of wonders
    Cupboard find 32064810

Cupboard find 32402810

Cupboard find 32064811

Two pulsars, the first is a Quartz which from memory just needed a new battery, I don't think I'll keep it.
    The second one on the other hand is pretty cool. It's a Pulsar Kinetic. I got it out and added some links to the bracelet and have been wearing it this afternoon. The watch keeps great time but has an irregular sweep to the seconds hand. It's more of a tick, tock tock pattern if you know what I mean - any suggestions on how to fix this are welcome?

Cupboard find 32321710

Cupboard find 32321810

This is a Pod watch. It was a gift and in all honesty not something I would go for, or normally hold onto though there is something quite attractive about the build quality of this watch.  It has the feel of a proper watch, sometimes fashion brands just feel cheap and light, this is nice and sturdy, on a decent leather strap. Not sure why the plastic case back cover is on the front... hopefully just a battery change though I do recall thinking it could be more than just the battery.

Cupboard find 32064910

Last but not least, a half decent Lorus chrono. Again, not normally my thing but I've kept it because it has a decent feel about it. It just needs a battery change.
    Cupboard find 31599610
    daff62
    daff62

Cupboard find Empty Re: Cupboard find

Post by daff62 Sun Jan 22 2017, 10:57

A great find indeed and sounds like you and the kids had a lot of fun as well. Very Happy

For the Pulsar Kinetic I think the sweep hands on kinetic watches can move irregularly as an indication that they are low in power. A good few shakes can remedy that. I believe sometimes though that it can be the capacitor which may require replacing. Fingers crossed the shaking sorts it out. Very Happy

domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Sun Jan 22 2017, 12:06

i also come accross watches i forgot about and its like christmas Very Happy
    the kinetic will need a new cell, they are about £14 if you search around and although they are not as straight forward to change as a normal battery they are not difficult and there are plenty of online tutorials on youtube, if you put it in a jewelers for repair i think it costs about £80 Shocked
    Elwood
    Elwood

Post by Elwood Sun Jan 22 2017, 12:39

So far, I've mended, with the help of a six year old the Pod watch which required 2 batteries, and also the Lorus. The Pulsar Kinetic is keeping good time just ticking funny so I'll look at it more when I've got the time. I didn't have a battery for the Quartz Pulsar.
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Post by SeikoJohn Sun Jan 22 2017, 14:17

Some great looking finds well done that man . A great feeling replacing a battery then turning the watch straight over to look at the dial and see it's working Very Happy
    Elwood
    Elwood

Post by Elwood Sun Jan 22 2017, 16:24

SeikoJohn wrote:Some great looking finds well done that man . A great feeling replacing a battery then turning the watch straight over to look at the dial and see it's working Very Happy

Cheers John. You're right, bit of a sense of relief too when you see them working again. With my kids being around me for much of my spare time, I've shelved tinkering with watches for the last couple of years so it was nice to get some of the tools out again. None of the watches are anything special though all nice enough. I suppose the Pulars are the more attractive ones.
    Iceblue
    Iceblue
    Admin

Post by Iceblue Sun Jan 22 2017, 19:29

It's always great when you find something that wasn't even lost it was just forgot , nice find

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 09:46