THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/

Latest topics

» Anyone Around!
Whats wrong with Citizen? EmptySun Dec 27 2020, 15:54 by Robti

» sub £50 screwdriver set
Whats wrong with Citizen? EmptySun Jun 21 2020, 12:11 by Robti

» Anyone bought anything during lockdown
Whats wrong with Citizen? EmptyThu May 14 2020, 07:27 by Iceblue

» How is everybody
Whats wrong with Citizen? EmptyWed Apr 01 2020, 15:35 by Robti

» 2020 future watch collection
Whats wrong with Citizen? EmptyWed Jan 01 2020, 09:21 by Iceblue

» 31st December 2019
Whats wrong with Citizen? EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:41 by Iceblue

» Happy new year too you all
Whats wrong with Citizen? EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:29 by Iceblue

» Merry Christmas
Whats wrong with Citizen? EmptyWed Dec 25 2019, 21:47 by Robti

» 13th November 2019
Whats wrong with Citizen? EmptyWed Nov 13 2019, 17:54 by Iceblue

Top posting users this month

No user

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

3 posters

Whats wrong with Citizen?

domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Whats wrong with Citizen? Empty Whats wrong with Citizen?

Post by domecurb Mon Jan 22 2018, 22:30

i have had dozens of Citizen watches over the years and got rid of most very quickly
    i actually have 3 left, 2 i have kept because of their movements historical interest/value, both from mid 70's and were also used in Bulova's at the time
    Citizen helped Bulova out many times in the 70,s with new watch technology and as some will be aware Citizen now own Bulova
    I was going to buy a Seiko dive watch off eBay tonight and changed my mind at the last minute
    i started having a browse for other potential purchases and i came across a Citizen Ecozilla
    a magnificent big dive watch, but ....... scratch  
    it was like all other modern Citizens i look at or have owned in that.....it was just Meh ! Rolling Eyes  
    just nothing special, just not quite right, something missing, no soul ??  
    i cant put my finger on it, by rights i should love them
    Japanese quality, superbly made, popular, huge range, but they just do absolutely nothing for me.. Rolling Eyes
    i love the old ones i have and have explained why.....
    the movements they make, Citizen and Miyota are without doubt excellent especially the stunning [ IMO ] 9015
    so whats the matter, is it just me or do any of you struggle to like Citizen ?
    IMO they have become too clinical if that makes sense
    they seem to be designed by Computer with little or no Human input
    up to the early 1980's  i think they were on a par with Seiko, but seem to have lost their way although they are obviously still very popular
    so is it just me ?  is it really ? Shocked lol!
    oh and i bought a new bathroom suite instead....a wrist shot would be difficult so dont ask Razz
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Whats wrong with Citizen? Empty Re: Whats wrong with Citizen?

Post by SeikoJohn Tue Jan 23 2018, 10:49

I currently own two Citizen one is a ani digi c480 and it is a watch I like purely as it is the only ani digi that I own

Whats wrong with Citizen? 3219f510

the other is an eco drive again i like this one as it is the only eco drive I own and I think the technology involved in the movement is great . now it does have its problems firstly the dial is very busy but the main problem I find with it is the handset are the wrong colour and really difficult to see against the busy dial

Whats wrong with Citizen? 0d928c10

One Citizen I think is pleasing to the eye is the Signature 300m Auto pictured here

Whats wrong with Citizen? 08530626

I have not caried out any research into this one as I doubt I will own one but to me the looks and style are good.

As to your original post about Citizens being "meh" I do agree they are very much the same in design and very popular on the india ebay. Citizen grew when they created the eco drive brand but then everything slowed down and they do not seem to progressing forwardwith technology and designs.
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Tue Jan 23 2018, 11:28

see now i think this looks just like every other Citizen out there, its an expensive watch £600 ish ?? and it has their top of the range auto movement the 9012
    Whats wrong with Citizen? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPfu6ckONA0q1YKa2iCXxJIhxh7k-OkcrNegtT1dcm7tWVQDHilg

but the watch apart from the weird crown and guard, its for me again......... just Meh Neutral
    Whats wrong with Citizen? 08530626

Maybe its unfair to compare Citizen with Seiko or other makes, but i think its inevitable whether consciously or unconsciously or maybe i just have really bad taste, after all i am probably seriously out numbered Very Happy
    Elwood
    Elwood

Post by Elwood Thu Jan 25 2018, 11:07

I know what you mean, many of their new watches leave me cold, though I do love them as a brand. I own a Skyhawk which is one of my keepers. I won't go abroad without it, it had so many handy features which I actually use, as well as being sturdy enough to survive a lot of hard wear and abuse. I would quite like a Citizen Orca too, aesthetically in my opinion it's on par with many Seikos.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12 2024, 19:34