THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/

Latest topics

» Anyone Around!
New in today EmptySun Dec 27 2020, 15:54 by Robti

» sub £50 screwdriver set
New in today EmptySun Jun 21 2020, 12:11 by Robti

» Anyone bought anything during lockdown
New in today EmptyThu May 14 2020, 07:27 by Iceblue

» How is everybody
New in today EmptyWed Apr 01 2020, 15:35 by Robti

» 2020 future watch collection
New in today EmptyWed Jan 01 2020, 09:21 by Iceblue

» 31st December 2019
New in today EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:41 by Iceblue

» Happy new year too you all
New in today EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:29 by Iceblue

» Merry Christmas
New in today EmptyWed Dec 25 2019, 21:47 by Robti

» 13th November 2019
New in today EmptyWed Nov 13 2019, 17:54 by Iceblue

Top posting users this month

No user

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

4 posters

New in today

domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

New in today Empty New in today

Post by domecurb Sat Dec 02 2017, 15:27

the Seiko Samurai not only come in various colours like Pepsi,, all blue, bracelet or rubber strap etc, they also come from 3 sources/factories
    i have bought the black version with the model number SRPB51J1, but there is also the SRPB51J  and the SRPB51
    the SRPB51 is most likely 100% Chinese, but may come from Kuala Lumpur [ some Seiko's have the "k" designation for Kuala Lumpur , this one doesnt ]
    the SRPB51J is also most likely Chinese made, but includes a Japanese made 4R35 movement so a little step up from the previous
    mine is the SRPB51J1 and is 100% Japanese from the case and bracelet and movement.
    Seiko will say where the watch is manufactured has no bearing on quality, but having seen to many "K" and "J"  marked Seiko's over the years i would dispute this, yes the factories will manufacture to Seiko spec, but this may be to maximum Seiko can produce in either Chinese or Malaysian factories, these watches will be without doubt excellent time pieces, but i dont believe you can beat the work ethos of the Japanese and as such "Made in Japan" will always carry a premium......IMHHO Wink

SRPB51
    New in today Seiko_10

SRPB51J
    New in today Seiko-10

SRPB51J1
    New in today Img_2020

New in today Img_2021

day time lume
    New in today Img_2022

Spec:
    Made In Japan
    Stainless Steel Case
    Stainless Steel Bracelet
    Automatic Movement
    Caliber: 4R35
    23 Jewels
    Reinforced Mineral Crystal
    Black Textured Dial
    Analog Display
    Luminous Hands And Markers
    Date Display
    Unidirectional Rotating Bezel
    Deployment Clasp
    200M Water Resistance
    Approximate Case Diameter: 43.8mm
    Approximate Case Thickness: 13mm

the size and build of the Samurai reminds me very much of the Seiko Sumo which i have owned, the big difference being the Samurai case shape and style, being very angular it looks tougher than the Sumo ever did, i always felt the Sumo was too dressy to be a diver/tool watch although it was stunning, i was always nervous of bashing the beautifully polished case so i sold it, i have no such worries with the Samurai as all surfaces have a brushed finish, the other difference is the movement, the Sumo runs the 6R15, the Samurai runs the 4R35, apart from the 6r15 having 24 jewels and the 4R35 23 jewels, the movements are identical in appearance and run at the same beat, the only real differences is the main spring and balance springs, the 6r15 has a different alloy in the main spring providing a longer power reserve and the balance spring also is made from a different alloy which provides slightly [ minuscule ] better accuracy than the 4R35, in reality the differences are so small they hardly warrant the £100 dearer price tag.
    IMO the Samurai is a perfect Tool watch, it looks great with the waffle effect dial, the hands are very easy to see making reading the time easy with just a glance, the case is smart and interesting, the bezel is the usual quality 120 click which is smooth silky and positive, the bracelet is nice quality with a the usual dive extension.
    i should also point out that this is the re release, the first Samurai has screws on the case side that served no purpose and the dial never showed the Prospex logo
    all in all i am very happy with my early Christmas present to myself Very Happy

Last edited by domecurb on Sun Dec 03 2017, 16:50; edited 1 time in total
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

New in today Empty Re: New in today

Post by SeikoJohn Sun Dec 03 2017, 14:24

I was going to saw what a great little pre christmas present to yourself but it isnt exactly little is it . I like the chunkiness of it and very good specs . the only thing that I am not keen on is the "X" on the dial . It is not very often you see a marker as well as a date window but I think they did a good job squeezing one in . Brilliant photos BTW New in today 3377044411
    daff62
    daff62

Post by daff62 Mon Dec 04 2017, 11:57

Another substantial and impressive watch to add to your collection. New in today 3377044411

I do like the matching coin edge bezel and crown along with the prominent hands and hour markers. Very easy on the eye for telling the time. That lume is fantastic as well. 

The only negative is that it is another watch, among a fair few others, that really merit a lot of wrist time. Crying or Very sad

That aside you must be well chuffed with it and quite rightly so.  Very Happy
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Mon Dec 04 2017, 12:30

daff62 wrote:Another substantial and impressive watch to add to your collection. New in today 3377044411

I do like the matching coin edge bezel and crown along with the prominent hands and hour markers. Very easy on the eye for telling the time. That lume is fantastic as well. 

The only negative is that it is another watch, among a fair few others, that really merit a lot of wrist time. Crying or Very sad

That aside you must be well chuffed with it and quite rightly so.  Very Happy

yes thats the biggest problem.......i cant wear them all at once Crying or Very sad
    Robti
    Robti

Post by Robti Mon Dec 11 2017, 23:16

Just catching up on this and very nice indeed,it was a toss up between a sumo and samurai as my latest purchase a few weeks back and the blue sumo won really because of the blue dial, but this thread has tempted me again, but I must resist at least till after the festive season,good health in wearing it
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Tue Dec 12 2017, 13:01

Robti wrote:Just catching up on this and very nice indeed,it was a toss up between a sumo and samurai as my latest purchase a few weeks back and the blue sumo won really because of the blue dial, but this thread has tempted me again, but I must resist at least till after the festive season,good health in wearing it

i have to say it exceeded my expectations, i feel some of the current Seiko range have been cheapened to almost "bread and butter" product standards [ if that makes sense scratch ] but the Samurai is super quality Very Happy
    Robti
    Robti

Post by Robti Tue Dec 12 2017, 13:05

So if you had a sumo & samurai sitting on a desk and rushing to go out where would your hand go without thinking about it
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Tue Dec 12 2017, 13:58

Robti wrote:So if you had a sumo & samurai sitting on a desk and rushing to go out where would your hand go without thinking about it

the Samurai because the sumo is too beautiful
    to explain : the sumo case is so beautifully made with all its polished facets etc, i was scared to wear mine in case i scratched it, but thats very much my personal issues rather than a problem with the watch lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 05:17