THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/

Latest topics

» Anyone Around!
Broken car ggggrrrrr  EmptySun Dec 27 2020, 15:54 by Robti

» sub £50 screwdriver set
Broken car ggggrrrrr  EmptySun Jun 21 2020, 12:11 by Robti

» Anyone bought anything during lockdown
Broken car ggggrrrrr  EmptyThu May 14 2020, 07:27 by Iceblue

» How is everybody
Broken car ggggrrrrr  EmptyWed Apr 01 2020, 15:35 by Robti

» 2020 future watch collection
Broken car ggggrrrrr  EmptyWed Jan 01 2020, 09:21 by Iceblue

» 31st December 2019
Broken car ggggrrrrr  EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:41 by Iceblue

» Happy new year too you all
Broken car ggggrrrrr  EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:29 by Iceblue

» Merry Christmas
Broken car ggggrrrrr  EmptyWed Dec 25 2019, 21:47 by Robti

» 13th November 2019
Broken car ggggrrrrr  EmptyWed Nov 13 2019, 17:54 by Iceblue

Top posting users this month

No user

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

3 posters

Broken car ggggrrrrr

Iceblue
    Iceblue
    Admin

Broken car ggggrrrrr  Empty Broken car ggggrrrrr

Post by Iceblue Wed Apr 12 2017, 21:16

So my sister Inlaw told me today that her car is knackered it's broken down and being towed , I gave her it as a present as she was having a hard time in life and no money and needed a car so felt I needed to sort the car out for her as she is gutted , and doesn't have a lot of money to spend

It arrived at 7pm tonight and by 9pm tonight I had the head off and diagnosed

It's bent all the 16 valves , so all going well the Pistons look fine when I remove the valves tomorrow hopefully it hasn't damaged the head (fingers crossed ) so it should need timing belt kit , 16 valves and a head gasket kit with head bolts , if it's damaged a used complete head off eBay , either way It's going to cost her £200 what ever way it goes

Well that's my bank holiday sorted out anyway ggggggrrr at least it will keep me busy and keep her beloved 55 plate Peugeot 307 on the road

Any way that my little rant and evening done with cheers
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Broken car ggggrrrrr  Empty Re: Broken car ggggrrrrr

Post by SeikoJohn Wed Apr 12 2017, 21:46

Luckily I dont know much about cars but sounds as though you are in for a busy weekend . Good though that she has your skills to fix it as I dread to think how much labour costs would be at a garage
    Iceblue
    Iceblue
    Admin

Post by Iceblue Wed Apr 12 2017, 21:51

Probebley a good £1000 thrown at it if I took it to work and booked it in , it's just one of those things the last thing I want to do is work on cars when I get home after a day working on them lol , but hay ho I am sure tomorrow will be a bright day Very Happy as its been a long long day
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Thu Apr 13 2017, 19:42

Iceblue wrote:Probebley a good £1000 thrown at it if I took it to work and booked it in , it's just one of those things the last thing I want to do is work on cars when I get home after a day working on them lol , but hay ho I am sure tomorrow will be a bright day Very Happy  as its been a long long day

i know that feeling well, i used to get people knocking on my door at all hours because there was an RAC van outside, it was very difficult sometimes to be polite
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Post by SeikoJohn Sat Apr 22 2017, 09:29

Did you mange to fix the car Andy ??
    Iceblue
    Iceblue
    Admin

Post by Iceblue Sat Apr 22 2017, 10:46

Funny you should mention it , the car is all built the thermostat and housing turned up so all I need to do is fit that but the can belt on and fingers crossed the moment off trust
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Post by SeikoJohn Sat Apr 22 2017, 18:20

good luck I hope all goes well Broken car ggggrrrrr  3377044411
    Iceblue
    Iceblue
    Admin

Post by Iceblue Sun Apr 23 2017, 17:38

And with a few turns of the key .....................

She lives she lives I must admit I was worried for a bit , but after my sister Inlaw has run it for a week and the water level stays the same I will be happy ,

So it turns out it cost her £275 in total and my precious free time,  to be fair she hasn't got any money but she has tipped me £50 for doing it bless her , at a back street garage it would cost £700-£1000 using non genuine parts and £1300-£1700 from a main dealer so one hell of a saving ,

I supprise my self sometimes i forget until I strip down a engine how much knoledge I have that's not put into practise , we live in a waist it's broken scrap it society it's a shame more people don't try and save cars instead of scraping them they are amazing pieces of machinery
    Iceblue
    Iceblue
    Admin

Post by Iceblue Sun Apr 23 2017, 17:41

Now that's done I can carry on wi the Peugeot roadster
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Sun Apr 23 2017, 18:03

Iceblue wrote:And with a few turns of the key .....................

She lives she lives I must admit I was worried for a bit , but after my sister Inlaw has run it for a week and the water level stays the same I will be happy ,

So it turns out it cost her £275 in total and my precious free time,  to be fair she hasn't got any money but she has tipped me £50 for doing it bless her , at a back street garage it would cost £700-£1000 using non genuine parts and £1300-£1700 from a main dealer so one hell of a saving ,

I supprise my self sometimes i forget until I strip down a engine how much knoledge I have that's not put into practise , we live in a waist it's broken scrap it society it's a shame more people don't try and save cars instead of scraping them they are amazing pieces of machinery

you are quite right Andy and i am sure you will agree dealers especially are just fitters now Crying or Very sad
    i gave up repairing anyone's cars, family or friends, a while back as it just over took my life and got silly
    Iceblue
    Iceblue
    Admin

Post by Iceblue Sun Apr 23 2017, 18:24

domecurb wrote:

you are quite right Andy and i am sure you will agree dealers especially are just fitters now Crying or Very sad
    i gave up repairing anyone's cars, family or friends, a while back as it just over took my life and got silly

Yep it's took over my last two Sunday's but I will just be doing my own cars know , famous last words lol
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Sun Apr 23 2017, 18:25

Iceblue wrote:
    domecurb wrote:

Yep it's took over my last two Sunday's but I will just be doing my own cars know , famous last words lol

its hard to say no especially if its a person in need, but you need your own life too
    Iceblue
    Iceblue
    Admin

Post by Iceblue Sun Apr 23 2017, 19:20

Yep you are right I spent many years sorting out everybody else's problems , time for the to pay me back maybe  a new watch form each of them lol
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Sun Apr 23 2017, 20:53

Iceblue wrote:Yep you are right I spent many years sorting out everybody else's problems , time for the to pay me back maybe  a new watch form each of them lol

sounds a good idea Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 10:20