THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM
PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
Latest topics
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
35 Posts - 41%
18 Posts - 21%
16 Posts - 19%
11 Posts - 13%
6 Posts - 7%
June 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

SeikoJohn
Admin

Re: Water Resistance

on Fri Feb 23 2018, 19:02
I mainly only collect Diver or diver style watches and yet have never been on a dive in my life in fact I even take my watch off when I wash the pots just so that it does not get wet ....... is that an OCD scratch

I understand where you are coming from I mean a watch with 100m on the front should be ok up to a depth of 100m but I doubt that a single figure throughout the brands would work also pretty difficult to instigate .. for example who would be the authorising party that would decide what unit is to be used and what that unit would represent.

Admin
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

on Sat Feb 24 2018, 00:07
@SeikoJohn wrote:I mainly only collect Diver or diver style watches and yet have never been on a dive in my life in fact I even take my watch off when I wash the pots just so that it does not get wet ....... is that an OCD scratch

I understand where you are coming from I mean a watch with 100m on the front should be ok up to a depth of 100m but I doubt that a single figure throughout the brands would work also pretty difficult to instigate .. for example who would be the authorising party that would decide what unit is to be used and what that unit would represent.  

the only dive watches to truly consider are ISO rated, any others are just watches that can get wet so anyone diving with them do so at their won risk, probably 99% of dive watch purchases whether ISO rated or not will never get used for what they were intended so not really an issue IMO......real divers will only use the real thing as lives depend on it

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum