THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/

Latest topics

» Saturday 17 November 2018.
Today at 13:03 by Iceblue

» Friday 16 November 2018.
Yesterday at 20:51 by Iceblue

» Tuesday 13 November 2018.
Tue 13 Nov - 14:42 by Robti

» Monday 12th November
Mon 12 Nov - 19:30 by Iceblue

» Sunday 11th
Sun 11 Nov - 17:59 by Iceblue

» NH36 movement
Sun 11 Nov - 10:27 by Elwood

» Saturday 10 November 2018.
Sat 10 Nov - 12:54 by Iceblue

» Friday 9th November
Fri 9 Nov - 18:19 by Robti

» Seiko FFF
Fri 9 Nov - 12:49 by domecurb

Top posting users this month

November 2018

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Water Resistance

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
SeikoJohn
Admin

Re: Water Resistance

Post by SeikoJohn on Fri 23 Feb - 19:02

I mainly only collect Diver or diver style watches and yet have never been on a dive in my life in fact I even take my watch off when I wash the pots just so that it does not get wet ....... is that an OCD scratch

I understand where you are coming from I mean a watch with 100m on the front should be ok up to a depth of 100m but I doubt that a single figure throughout the brands would work also pretty difficult to instigate .. for example who would be the authorising party that would decide what unit is to be used and what that unit would represent.

Admin

Post by domecurb on Sat 24 Feb - 0:07

@SeikoJohn wrote:I mainly only collect Diver or diver style watches and yet have never been on a dive in my life in fact I even take my watch off when I wash the pots just so that it does not get wet ....... is that an OCD scratch

I understand where you are coming from I mean a watch with 100m on the front should be ok up to a depth of 100m but I doubt that a single figure throughout the brands would work also pretty difficult to instigate .. for example who would be the authorising party that would decide what unit is to be used and what that unit would represent.  

the only dive watches to truly consider are ISO rated, any others are just watches that can get wet so anyone diving with them do so at their won risk, probably 99% of dive watch purchases whether ISO rated or not will never get used for what they were intended so not really an issue IMO......real divers will only use the real thing as lives depend on it

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 17 Nov - 22:29