THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/

Latest topics

» Friday 7 November 2018.
Fri Dec 07 2018, 08:46 by daff62

» Polar explorer 2
Tue Dec 04 2018, 18:23 by Iceblue

» Monday 3rd December
Mon Dec 03 2018, 13:35 by Iceblue

» Saturday 1st December 2018.
Sat Dec 01 2018, 14:09 by SeikoJohn

» Friday 30 November 2018.
Fri Nov 30 2018, 22:02 by Robti

» Wednesday 28 November 2018.
Wed Nov 28 2018, 10:54 by SeikoJohn

» Seiko skx399
Tue Nov 27 2018, 15:11 by Iceblue

» Tuesday 27th November
Tue Nov 27 2018, 10:38 by SeikoJohn

» Saturday 24 November 2018.
Sat Nov 24 2018, 15:02 by SeikoJohn

Top posting users this month

December 2018

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

A bracelet can change a watch

SeikoJohn
Admin

A bracelet can change a watch

Post by SeikoJohn on Thu Sep 28 2017, 18:21

I have had my Seiko 7548-700b on nato's , leather straps and tiny mesh but never on a bracelet . I had a dig around in my watch box tonight and found a bracelet with curved edges to try .

The curves still need nipping in a bit but what a difference it makes to the watch . I will admit I do not like the design of the clasp it is the pattern I do not like I prefer a plain clasp and for the eagle eyed amoungst you yes the bracelet is the wrong way around but not to worry it will not be stopping on the watch for long as I am off to the internet for an alternative one a better looking one , unless any members here have a 22mm bracelet they would like to sell me .

Re: A bracelet can change a watch

Post by Elwood on Fri Sep 29 2017, 01:08

I wouldn't have spotted the bracelet was upside down, though you're right about a patterned clasp, doesn't feel or look right in joy opinion.

I'm much more of a bracelet wearer than straps. I have a couple of leather straps which I like but they can be a bit hit and miss depending on the quality, makes big difference. I just don't get other people's enthusiasm for NATO straps, I've tried to like them and whilst I don't dislike them - they don't generally do a much for me, it's a shame because some of them look good.
domecurb
Admin

Post by domecurb on Fri Sep 29 2017, 12:35

@Elwood wrote:I wouldn't have spotted the  bracelet was upside down, though you're right about a patterned clasp, doesn't feel or look right in joy opinion.

I'm much more of a bracelet wearer than straps.  I have a couple of leather straps which I like but they can be a bit hit and miss depending on the quality, makes big difference.  I just don't get other people's enthusiasm for NATO straps, I've tried to like them and whilst I don't dislike them - they don't generally do a much for me, it's a shame because some of them look good.

i am with you Re: Nato straps, they dont do it for me either and end up stinking very quickly, they also make the watch sit too high on the wrist which feels awkward, i think they have a purpose with the Military, i also dont like leather for hygiene purposes as well, but i suppose they can be kept clean with a little effort, i just like the way stainless steel bracelets sit and feel and the above Seiko looks so much better on steel Wink

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
SeikoJohn
Admin

Post by SeikoJohn on Fri Sep 29 2017, 12:42

I have had a brief look on ebay for a stainless bracelet but not been able to find one I like yet they are either really cheap which makes me think light in weight and not very good or really expensive (IMO) I jave not yet found an inbetween one that I like.

Admin

Post by SeikoJohn on Sat Sep 30 2017, 15:18

I might have found a contender for a bracelet from Ebay , might be some wait for delivery though it is from China

Admin

Post by domecurb on Sat Sep 30 2017, 15:24

@SeikoJohn wrote:I might have found a contender for a bracelet from Ebay , might be some wait for delivery though it is from China

it will be ok, its a copy of the Seiko Jubilee and they rattle like the real thing Very Happy

SeikoJohn
Admin

Post by SeikoJohn on Sat Sep 30 2017, 15:37

[quote="domecurb"it will be ok, its a copy of the Seiko Jubilee and they rattle like the real thing Very Happy [/quote]

that is good then being a jubilee copy it should suit the watch Very Happy

Admin

Post by domecurb on Sat Sep 30 2017, 16:00

@SeikoJohn wrote:[quote="domecurb"it will be ok, its a copy of the Seiko Jubilee and they rattle like the real thing Very Happy

that is good then being a jubilee copy it should suit the watch Very Happy [/quote]

i used to have one the same, i think it went with a watch i sold, i was happy with it

SeikoJohn
Admin

Post by SeikoJohn on Sun Oct 15 2017, 18:35

In the end I did not order the bracelet in the photo I ordered a different one which arived yesterday .. fitted today and I like it it is a heavy(ish) bracelet and looks good but I am not sure it suits the watch maybe I should have ordered the one I found originally .. I may still order one as you can nevr have enough bracelets .
Here are some photos with the new bracelet on

Admin

Post by domecurb on Sun Oct 15 2017, 19:24

the only thing that spoils it in my eyes are the shiny parts, if you take a green scoring pad to the links length ways it will blend them in and look a lot better

SeikoJohn
Admin

Post by SeikoJohn on Sun Oct 15 2017, 19:35

@domecurb wrote:the only thing that spoils it in my eyes are the shiny parts, if you take a green scoring pad to the links length ways it will blend them in and look a lot better

I will give that a try as I think you are 100% correct the shiny bits do spoil it .

Admin

Post by domecurb on Sun Oct 15 2017, 19:39

@SeikoJohn wrote:
@domecurb wrote:the only thing that spoils it in my eyes are the shiny parts, if you take a green scoring pad to the links length ways it will blend them in and look a lot better

I will give that a try as I think you are 100% correct the shiny bits do spoil it .

pics or it didnt happen Very Happy

SeikoJohn
Admin

Post by SeikoJohn on Sun Oct 15 2017, 19:58

Car is going for an MOT tomorrow so I am home all day plenty if time to brush the bracelet and rebleach the blue bezel insert

Admin

Post by SeikoJohn on Mon Oct 16 2017, 11:40

Had a try with a green scourer and wet and dry paper but not a lot of difference

Admin

Post by domecurb on Mon Oct 16 2017, 11:57

the polished bits are probably sitting lower than the rest of the parts, keep going it will happen

SeikoJohn
Admin

Post by SeikoJohn on Mon Oct 16 2017, 12:28

I think I need a harder scourer rather than the cheap ones in sponge .

Post by daff62 on Mon Oct 16 2017, 14:30

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 11 2018, 01:13