THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/

Latest topics

» Saturday 17 August 2019.
Modding Citizen divers EmptyYesterday at 14:00 by domecurb

» Wednesday 14/08/2019
Modding Citizen divers EmptyWed Aug 14 2019, 13:12 by domecurb

» Seiko Monster
Modding Citizen divers EmptyTue Aug 13 2019, 20:08 by Daz

» SUDO watch brand
Modding Citizen divers EmptyTue Aug 13 2019, 20:03 by SeikoJohn

» Monday 13th August
Modding Citizen divers EmptyTue Aug 13 2019, 19:43 by domecurb

» Dial and Handset change to Seiko Monster
Modding Citizen divers EmptyTue Aug 13 2019, 19:39 by domecurb

» Quartz or Mechanical
Modding Citizen divers EmptyMon Aug 12 2019, 21:58 by domecurb

» a surprising Seiko
Modding Citizen divers EmptySun Aug 11 2019, 21:01 by domecurb

» Watch box for solars
Modding Citizen divers EmptySat Aug 10 2019, 15:11 by domecurb

Top posting users this month

August 2019

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates


visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+


Modding Citizen divers

Elwood
Elwood
FULL MEMBER

Posts : 562
Join date : 2016-09-26
Location : South West England

Modding Citizen divers Empty Modding Citizen divers

Post by Elwood on Thu Sep 07 2017, 21:22

I know there's lots out there about modding Seiko divers but does anyone know if there's much of a market or interest in modding Citizens?
SeikoJohn
SeikoJohn
Admin

Posts : 2728
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 47
Location : Middlesbrough

Modding Citizen divers Empty Re: Modding Citizen divers

Post by SeikoJohn on Thu Sep 07 2017, 21:49

@Elwood wrote:I know there's lots out there about modding Seiko divers but does anyone know if there's much of a market or interest in modding Citizens?

Cant say I have seen much on modding a citizen would be interesting to find out if it can be done.

Why do you have in mind ??


_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
domecurb
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3283
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Modding Citizen divers Empty Re: Modding Citizen divers

Post by domecurb on Thu Sep 07 2017, 22:09

you are kind of restricted to what parts are availabe which is not many Crying or Very sad

some easy mods are replacing hands and crystals and there are some [not many] aftermarket dials designed for Chinese DG2813 movements that will fit most of the common auto Miyotas, but personaly i think the original Citizen dials are far better than any of the aftermarket ones...........
i guess it was like the old Betamax and VHS battle from years ago........this time Seiko won Very Happy


_________________
"treat others how you would like to be treated yourself and you wont go far wrong" - Me Wink

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns

The fact there's a highway to hell and only a stairway to heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers..
Iceblue
Iceblue
Admin

Posts : 1242
Join date : 2016-10-19
Age : 44
Location : Bedfordshire

Modding Citizen divers Empty Re: Modding Citizen divers

Post by Iceblue on Fri Sep 08 2017, 07:18

I did have a lefty crown citizen divers that was fitted with a modded techne dial, their wasn't much into on the mod buy their was a web site but unsure if it's still going ,
Elwood
Elwood
FULL MEMBER

Posts : 562
Join date : 2016-09-26
Location : South West England

Modding Citizen divers Empty Re: Modding Citizen divers

Post by Elwood on Fri Sep 08 2017, 19:56

@SeikoJohn wrote:
@Elwood wrote:I know there's lots out there about modding Seiko divers but does anyone know if there's much of a market or interest in modding Citizens?

Cant say I have seen much on modding a citizen would be interesting to find out if it can be done.

Why do you have in mind ??

I was just thinking it's easier to get cheap Citizens rather than Seikos though didn't know if there was much scope for modding them. I've been looking out for old seiko divers in the hope of getting one modified to my own spec but it doesn't seem that easy because even non working ones go for quite a cost
domecurb
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3283
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Modding Citizen divers Empty Re: Modding Citizen divers

Post by domecurb on Fri Sep 08 2017, 20:10

@Elwood wrote:
@SeikoJohn wrote:
@Elwood wrote:I know there's lots out there about modding Seiko divers but does anyone know if there's much of a market or interest in modding Citizens?

Cant say I have seen much on modding a citizen would be interesting to find out if it can be done.

Why do you have in mind ??

I was just thinking it's easier to get cheap Citizens rather than Seikos though didn't know if there was much scope for modding them.  I've been looking out for old seiko divers in the hope of getting one modified to my own spec but it doesn't seem that easy because even non working ones go for quite a cost
seiko's are red hot at the moment and i dont see things changing any time soon.
what about buying just a case then al the bits to go with it?
you can buy an skx009 case complete for £89 + vat, all you would need is the movement dial and hands
i have done a few like this and usualy fit the NH36 movement which is an upgrade over the standard 7s26 and cheaper too


_________________
"treat others how you would like to be treated yourself and you wont go far wrong" - Me Wink

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns

The fact there's a highway to hell and only a stairway to heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers..

Sponsored content

Modding Citizen divers Empty Re: Modding Citizen divers

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sun Aug 18 2019, 10:43