THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM
PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
Latest topics
Boschett HarpoonTue Dec 12 2017, 17:45SeikoJohn
Tuesday 12th December Tue Dec 12 2017, 16:18domecurb
New in todayTue Dec 12 2017, 13:58domecurb
Sunday 10 December 2017Sun Dec 10 2017, 20:41Iceblue
You cant beat a freebie Fri Dec 08 2017, 19:58Iceblue
Friday 8 December 2017.Fri Dec 08 2017, 12:05daff62
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
20 Posts - 33%
15 Posts - 25%
11 Posts - 18%
8 Posts - 13%
7 Posts - 11%
December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

View previous topicGo downView next topic
daff62

Watch rotation and wrist time.

on Mon Sep 04 2017, 19:59
For myself I find newer purchases tend to get worn most, followed by earlier ones which were ousted by the newer ones. 

I do try, with mixed success, to ensure they all get wound at least once every month or two. That invariably leads to a few being kept out to enjoy wearing again.

Not a perfect system but one that has evolved over the years. 

Regardless of how many watches you have do you have any type of system or routine in place to ensure they all get worn? 

Alternatively, is that not a necessity, and only a percentage get worn for work, leisure, special occasions etc etc? Possibly the ownership of a watch can give as much pleasure for what it is without the need of being regularly worn.

Would be interested in anyone's thoughts. Very Happy
SeikoJohn
Admin

Re: Watch rotation and wrist time.

on Mon Sep 04 2017, 20:51
I did try a watch rotation a while back when I thought I was falling out of love with a few watches and also tried to document it but then I bought a few new ones and they became the current favourites which got wore more than others . For me especially now as they are in the cabinet I tend to open the doors pop my head in and see which one jumps out to me to be worn .

I do still plan one day to continue my watch rotation especially the write up but not just yet I think I need to be in the right kind of mood to do it .

on Mon Sep 04 2017, 21:08
I just look at what I will be doing and pick a suitable watch.
I have ones for rough stuff, ones for general etc etc
No system that makes me wear one because it's next on the list
Strangely some of my cheapest get babied the most
domecurb
Admin
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

on Mon Sep 04 2017, 22:16
my watch wearing is total chaos, i get something new and wear it for ages then worry it will get marked so put it to one side and in the mean time i forget what other watches i have so they end up in a cupboard or drawer somewhere, i will wear something else i really like and then start to worry about that one too so it all starts again, one good thing though is i forget what i have so when i find them again its like christmas day with all the new watches cheers
some watches i never wear though as i didnt buy them for that, these ones usualy have a rare movement or something else unusual and in these cases thats the only reason i have them, besides some of them are down right ugly or just not my taste and i wouldnt be seen dead wearing them Wink
a good expample is the Aragon Evo i bought, the sale at Aragon reminded me about it......i dont know where it is though, but if i find it i may wear it tomorrow

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
daff62

on Mon Sep 04 2017, 23:49
Thanks for the interesting replies. 

The relaxed approach of just wearing what you like when you like makes sense. I can appreciate what Bruce said as sometimes I come across watches which have been out of sight and mind for a while and it's like having a new watch. 

Having them on display is a great idea and allows them to be seen whenever you want and simplifies deciding which ones to wear. 

For me trying to rotate watches is partly down to having too many.  I feel as many as possible should be worn or at least wound semi regularly to ensure they are working.  

It would probably be "sensible" to have far fewer watches though being sensible and collecting doesn't always go hand in hand. Very Happy
Elwood

on Tue Sep 05 2017, 18:21
Sensible and watch collecting does not go hand in hand. I tend to just pick something out and wear it for a week or so before changing it around. Some of my vintage ones don't get much wear. Now I've written that I feel like I should put one on tomorrow
daff62

on Tue Sep 05 2017, 19:48
@Elwood wrote:Sensible and watch collecting does not go hand in hand. I tend to just pick something out and wear it for a week or so before changing it around. Some of my vintage ones don't get much wear. Now I've written that I feel like I should put one on tomorrow

That gets my vote, can't have any vintage watches feeling neglected. 
Iceblue
Admin

on Wed Sep 06 2017, 20:10
I find myself line many wearing the new in coming then wearing what takes my fancy on the day , but resonantly I find I put on maybe 3 diffenet watches on in about a hour becouse I keep changing my mind gggrrrrrrr
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum