THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM
PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
Latest topics
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
82 Posts - 27%
76 Posts - 25%
40 Posts - 13%
36 Posts - 12%
24 Posts - 8%
22 Posts - 7%
20 Posts - 7%
1 Post - 0%
October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

View previous topicGo downView next topic
SeikoJohn
Admin

Can a leather strap be distressed

on Sat Sep 02 2017, 19:16
Do any members have any hints tips or advice on how to make a leather strap look distressed ?

I bought a couple of straps recently from cousins with the intention of making them look old and used just not sure how to go about doing it . I have read a little about putting them in a bag that is full of stones and simply throw the bag about ? I did think about making a cup of tea or coffee and once cool going over the stitching with a fine brush to dye the thread , any other tips would be greatly appreciated

Admin
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Can a leather strap be distressed

on Sat Sep 02 2017, 19:19
lock them in a dark cuboard with scary noises in the background....that should distress them affraid

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
SeikoJohn
Admin

on Sat Sep 02 2017, 19:22
domecurb wrote:lock them in a dark cuboard with scary noises in the background....that should distress them affraid

sorry I was not clear enough in my post , I should have said any USEFUL tips and advice would be appreciated Very Happy Very Happy

Admin

on Sat Sep 02 2017, 19:28
SeikoJohn wrote:
domecurb wrote:lock them in a dark cuboard with scary noises in the background....that should distress them affraid

sorry I was not clear enough in my post , I should have said any USEFUL tips and advice would be appreciated Very Happy Very Happy

sorry i mistook the word "Straps" for "children" Rolling Eyes
of course you wouldnt treat straps that way........tisk Rolling Eyes
some fine emery paper to remove the shiny finish, some bleach to take patches of colour out and various shades of shoe polish will do wonders, but remember to leave the kids in the cupboard Wink

SeikoJohn
Admin

on Sat Sep 02 2017, 19:37
domecurb wrote:
SeikoJohn wrote:

sorry i mistook the word "Straps" for "children" Rolling Eyes
of course you wouldnt treat straps that way........tisk Rolling Eyes
some fine emery paper to remove the shiny finish, some bleach to take patches of colour out and various shades of shoe polish will do wonders, but remember to leave the kids in the cupboard Wink

The grandkids are sleeping here on Friday I could give them each a part of a strap some bleach and emery paper I am sure they would have great fun . Very Happy

Thanks for the info luckily I have some old leather offcuts left over so I may try on them first rather than ruin a strap .

Admin

on Sun Sep 03 2017, 20:08
I found this video good to watch and quite useful

Admin

on Sun Sep 03 2017, 20:21
lovely strap, but what a lot of work for just one Shocked
i was thinking of doing a couple myself for the bullheads i have coming as they dont have any straps or bracelets and i was going to use my laser to put a logo or design in the leather

SeikoJohn
Admin

on Sun Sep 03 2017, 20:22
domecurb wrote:i was going to use my laser to put a logo or design in the leather

If you used your Laser would the logo look as though it had been branded onto the strap ?

I watched this video and it is hypnotic to watch (( skip the boring bit and go to 3:50 ))

Admin

on Sun Sep 03 2017, 20:39
SeikoJohn wrote:
domecurb wrote:i was going to use my laser to put a logo or design in the leather

If you used your Laser would the logo look as though it had been branded onto the strap ?

I watched this video and it is hypnotic to watch (( skip the boring bit and go to 3:50 ))

i did this ages ago, its gaelic symbols etc and it works quite well IMO, this is as it came out the laser so could be improved with a bit of polish

SeikoJohn
Admin

on Sun Sep 03 2017, 20:43
That looks good , very good in fact . It would be a cool idea if you could have a watch strap with TWCF lasered onto it . I would buy one of them Very Happy

Admin

on Sun Sep 03 2017, 20:45
SeikoJohn wrote:That looks good , very good in fact . It would be a cool idea if you could have a watch strap with TWCF lasered onto it . I would buy one of them Very Happy

you would buy one with a bullhead attached to it ? lol!

SeikoJohn
Admin

on Sun Sep 03 2017, 20:48
domecurb wrote:
SeikoJohn wrote:That looks good , very good in fact . It would be a cool idea if you could have a watch strap with TWCF lasered onto it . I would buy one of them Very Happy

Of course Very Happy

Admin

on Sun Sep 03 2017, 20:51
SeikoJohn wrote:
domecurb wrote:

Of course Very Happy

no probs.......£6,000 a piece Very Happy

SeikoJohn
Admin

on Sun Sep 03 2017, 20:54
domecurb wrote:

That is one expensive strap with a bullhead attached to it , can I hold back on a decision until I have seen the end product of your Laser workmanship please. Shocked Shocked

Admin

on Sun Sep 03 2017, 21:00
SeikoJohn wrote:
domecurb wrote:

That is one expensive strap with a bullhead attached to it , can I hold back on a decision until I have seen the end product of your Laser workmanship please. Shocked Shocked

2.5% off for members

SeikoJohn
Admin

on Sun Sep 03 2017, 21:02
I am not agreeing to anything or signing anything until I have seen a photo of the finished product Razz

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum