THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM
PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
Latest topics
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
82 Posts - 27%
76 Posts - 25%
40 Posts - 13%
36 Posts - 12%
24 Posts - 8%
22 Posts - 7%
20 Posts - 7%
1 Post - 0%
October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

View previous topicGo downView next topic
domecurb
Admin
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

ORIENT Pro Saturation EL02003H

on Sat Aug 26 2017, 18:00
ORIENT Pro Saturation EL02003H

it seemed appropriate somehow that the first topic on our newly named forum should be something special so here is my latest arrival as above.

i have always liked Orient watches and have had a few over the years, but have chased this model unsuccessfully for quite a while now, i had wanted the black dialed version, but when this one came up it took a bit of thought and persuasion from other members before i took the plunge and i so glad i did.
the watch is stunning and no photograph can ever capture it properly.
some basic specs:
   Movement: Orient 22-Jewel Automatic (self-winding, and hand wind)
   Case: Stainless steel, 45.4mm x 16.6mm
   Back: Solid screw-in back
   Crystal: Anti-reflective sapphire
   Band: Stainless steel bracelet, push-button deployant clasp, 22mm
   Water Resistant: 300 meters
   Warranty: 1 Year
this was an expensive watch so naturaly i expected quality and i am not disapointed, this is arguably better than the Seiko Marine Master 300m and has IMO better spec too, 5.6mm AR coated  flat sapphire crystal, ceramic bezel insert, visable power reserve, superior screw down crown to name a few.
The dial lume is made by suicidal Lume Technicians in Chernobyl

the bracelet is similar construction to the MM braclet with pins a collars holding it together, but the clasp and ratcheted dive suit extension is so much better quality.
the 22-jewel Orient 40N5A automatic (self-winding) movement with a hacking and hand winding is after a day and a half keeping perfect time and the second hand is incredibly smooth for 21600bpm.
the attention to detail is faultless

as previosly mentioned ...the dial is red ....VERY RED and i was concerned as i usualy go for black dials or at a push dark blue, but even my wife likes this one and commented that it "makes it look expensive"  ...i said nothing  Neutral  although to be fair the last time a bought an expensive watch she said nothing because she knows i will just lock her up in the cellar again she knows its just a hobby  Wink
the watch comes with an inner and outer box, a strap/bracelet tool and an Orient rubber dive strap.
this is a watch i will be wearing for some time i think..............well....till monday anyway when another arrives form Italy, but thats another Topic Very Happy
some more pics

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
SeikoJohn
Admin

Re: ORIENT Pro Saturation EL02003H

on Sat Aug 26 2017, 18:22
A great looking watch and I am glad it is as good if not better than you was expecting . As usual very crisp and clear photos to go with a descriptive write up . Glad you like it . oh and yes it is very red but then sometimes a little colour is needed cheers

on Sat Aug 26 2017, 20:55
Great pictures and enjoyed the write up.

An expensive watch but by the sounds and look of it worth every penny. I'm glad the red dial has turned out OK as that was the one risk if it turned out you hadn't liked it. The lume is amazing and it's a fantastic looking watch so a special addition to your collection as well as the pleasure of finally getting a watch you have been looking for, for some time. Well done. Very Happy
Elwood

on Sun Aug 27 2017, 08:22
For what it's worth, I would prefer the red dial over black or blue. Nice watch by the way, another one for me to covert.
apm101

on Sun Aug 27 2017, 20:24
Lovely bit of kit, Bruce, looks fantastic. I really like Orient watches, and this is a personal fave (sure I will get hold of one eventually). I would also say that personally I prefer the Mako to the SKX00#. I know, I know! Just my preference... Very Happy
domecurb
Admin
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

on Sun Aug 27 2017, 20:26
apm101 wrote:Lovely bit of kit, Bruce, looks fantastic. I really like Orient watches, and this is a personal fave (sure I will get hold of one eventually). I would also say that personally I prefer the Mako to the SKX00#. I know, I know! Just my preference... Very Happy

i like the Mako as well, i have one, but i find them a little ...meh...dont know why.....got to keep it though as it was a gift Very Happy

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
Iceblue
Admin

on Mon Aug 28 2017, 10:13
Very nice indeed since you have posted this I have been having a look at them they really are a great watch and I am partial to a orient or two lol , it looks like a watch that will fit in well into your collection buddy enjoy
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum