THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM
PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
Latest topics
worlds best drummerTue Nov 21 2017, 20:33Elwood
Sunday 19th November Sun Nov 19 2017, 14:32daff62
Saturday 18 November 2017.Sat Nov 18 2017, 11:55daff62
Friday 17 November 2017.Fri Nov 17 2017, 12:11daff62
Omega RAF watch 1953Thu Nov 16 2017, 18:02daff62
Today's new arrivalWed Nov 15 2017, 21:00Iceblue
Wednesday 15 November 2017.Wed Nov 15 2017, 11:50daff62
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
34 Posts - 27%
32 Posts - 25%
25 Posts - 20%
18 Posts - 14%
10 Posts - 8%
8 Posts - 6%
1 Post - 1%
November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+


Share
View previous topicGo downView next topic
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2058
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough

Questions about Cape Cod Cloths

on Fri Aug 25 2017, 19:09
I have just bought myself a cheapy non runner



The crystal is a mess but I plan on replacing it . The auction states a non runner but will have a look when it arrives even if I can not get it working i can buy a replacement movement for £4

Obviously one of the first jobs will be stripping it down and put it in the ultrasonic cleaner but back to the title question ... Cape cod cloths I have seen them about but never used one . Are they good for cleaning up stainless steel bracelets or are there alternatives out and about ? Anybody tried them ? ?
cheers John

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2680
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Questions about Cape Cod Cloths

on Fri Aug 25 2017, 19:19
@SeikoJohn wrote:I have just bought myself a cheapy non runner



The crystal is a mess but I plan on replacing it . The auction states a non runner but will have a look when it arrives even if I can not get it working i can buy a replacement movement for £4

Obviously one of the first jobs will be stripping it down and put it in the ultrasonic cleaner but back to the title question ... Cape cod cloths I have seen them about but never used one . Are they good for cleaning up stainless steel bracelets or are there alternatives out and about ? Anybody tried them ? ?
cheers John

i have never used them, but never heard anything bad about them either.....however i think they are more for maintaining good condition rather than improving poor condition, i may be wrong though, but there usualy is no shortcut to quality IMO

_________________
"treat others how you would like to be treated yourself and you wont go far wrong" - Me Wink

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2058
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Questions about Cape Cod Cloths

on Fri Aug 25 2017, 19:23
I was thinking more along the line of using the cape cod to clean the bracelet rather than trying to improve it . This watch is what it is a cheap daily beater I just want to clean it all up rather than have another person's DNA near my skin Mad

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2680
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Questions about Cape Cod Cloths

on Fri Aug 25 2017, 19:45
@SeikoJohn wrote:I was thinking more along the line of using the cape cod to clean the bracelet rather than trying to improve it . This watch is what it is a cheap daily beater I just want to clean it all up rather than have another person's DNA near my skin Mad

an ultrasonic is the answer or white soap and a tooth brush

_________________
"treat others how you would like to be treated yourself and you wont go far wrong" - Me Wink

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2058
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Questions about Cape Cod Cloths

on Fri Aug 25 2017, 19:51
@domecurb wrote:an ultrasonic is the answer or white soap and a tooth brush

Looking at the watch I think it may be requiring both the above methods lol!

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2680
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Questions about Cape Cod Cloths

on Fri Aug 25 2017, 19:58
@SeikoJohn wrote:
@domecurb wrote:an ultrasonic is the answer or white soap and a tooth brush

Looking at the watch I think it may be requiring both the above methods lol!

you may be surprised just how good you can get it looking, the crystal is 90% of it

_________________
"treat others how you would like to be treated yourself and you wont go far wrong" - Me Wink

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2058
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Questions about Cape Cod Cloths

on Fri Aug 25 2017, 20:32
@domecurb wrote:you may be surprised just how good you can get it looking, the crystal is 90% of it

There will be questions about the crystal once the watch arrives , mainly on how to order a new one

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
Sponsored content

Re: Questions about Cape Cod Cloths

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum