THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM
PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
Latest topics
Boschett HarpoonYesterday at 17:45SeikoJohn
New in todayYesterday at 13:58domecurb
Sunday 10 December 2017Sun Dec 10 2017, 20:41Iceblue
You cant beat a freebie Fri Dec 08 2017, 19:58Iceblue
Friday 8 December 2017.Fri Dec 08 2017, 12:05daff62
Thursday 7 December 2017.Thu Dec 07 2017, 22:34domecurb
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
19 Posts - 32%
15 Posts - 25%
11 Posts - 18%
8 Posts - 13%
7 Posts - 12%
December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

View previous topicGo downView next topic
domecurb
Admin
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

i was thinking about buying one of these

on Tue Aug 22 2017, 11:20
as the title says......would a regret buying a bright red watch ?
its a belter but that colour? i cant find any other colours for sale, would love a black or dark blue one

Orient Saturation 300

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
daff62

Re: i was thinking about buying one of these

on Tue Aug 22 2017, 11:55
I really like the bold colour and think it would look good on the wrist. Very Happy

I'm presuming it wouldn't be easy to "mod" the watch with a different dial because of the sub dial. Out of interest is the sub dial a power reserve indicator?

domecurb
Admin

on Tue Aug 22 2017, 11:59
@daff62 wrote:I really like the bold colour and think it would look good on the wrist. Very Happy

I'm presuming it wouldn't be easy to "mod" the watch with a different dial because of the sub dial. Out of interest is the sub dial a power reserve indicator?  

eek ! far too expensive to mod Shocked

it is a power reserve, but auto as well

the is Orient's equivalent of Seiko's Marine Master

Daz

on Tue Aug 22 2017, 12:13
I like it and that's from a Seiko addict so it must be good.
I like a few bright coloured dials in the box it gives a good variety and they say variety is the spice of life.
SeikoJohn
Admin

on Tue Aug 22 2017, 12:30
How many times have you kicked yourself for not buying the black dialed one you saw a few month ago Shocked

I say go for it buy the red one If you do not bond with it you most certainly will not make a loss if you sell it on .

Admin

on Tue Aug 22 2017, 12:32
@SeikoJohn wrote:How many times have you kicked yourself for not buying the black dialed one you saw a few month ago Shocked

I say go for it buy the red one If you do not bond with it you most certainly will not make a loss if you sell it on .

i know i know Sad

daff62

on Tue Aug 22 2017, 15:31
@domecurb wrote:
@daff62 wrote:I really like the bold colour and think it would look good on the wrist. Very Happy

eek ! far too expensive to mod  Shocked

oooops, hadn't realised the price point. Embarassed

I think John's advice to get the red one is sound rather than being disappointed if you miss the chance to buy it.

I came across this one which also looks good but still isn't the dial colour you were looking for.

http://www.shoppinginjapan.net/wv0121el
domecurb
Admin

on Tue Aug 22 2017, 15:34
@daff62 wrote:
@domecurb wrote:

eek ! far too expensive to mod  Shocked

oooops, hadn't realised the price point. Embarassed

I think John's advice to get the red one is sound rather than being disappointed if you miss the chance to buy it.

I came across this one which also looks good but still isn't the dial colour you were looking for.

http://www.shoppinginjapan.net/wv0121el

thanks, its nice but white dial remind me of pocket watches for some reason plus can you imagine the duty and vat on that price pale

daff62

on Tue Aug 22 2017, 15:47

thanks, its nice but white dial remind me of pocket watches for some reason plus can you imagine the duty and vat on that price pale [/quote]

I see what you mean on both points. Its a bit of a quandary whether to seize the opportunity of the red one or be patient (which is never easy) for one with the dial colour you would like.
Possibly John's suggestion that it would hold its value for selling on would minimise any worries specially if you could buy it at a good price. Very Happy
domecurb
Admin

on Tue Aug 22 2017, 15:49
@daff62 wrote:

thanks, its nice but white dial remind me of pocket watches for some reason plus can you imagine the duty and vat on that price pale

I see what you mean on both points. Its a bit of a quandary whether to seize the opportunity of the red one or be patient (which is never easy) for one with the dial colour you would like.
Possibly John's suggestion that it would hold its value for selling on would minimise any worries specially if you could buy it at a good price. Very Happy [/quote]

well purchase made so thats that Very Happy

SeikoJohn
Admin

on Tue Aug 22 2017, 15:51
@domecurb wrote:

well purchase made so thats that Very Happy

Brilliant Very Happy was it a UK purchase ??

on Tue Aug 22 2017, 15:53
well purchase made so thats that Very Happy [/quote]

Well done, I think you have made the right decision.
Elwood

on Tue Aug 22 2017, 19:51
I love red dials personally, I'm a complete sucker for watches with detail. I think you will love it and not look back. It will be a whole new world of watches with red dials.
domecurb
Admin

on Tue Aug 22 2017, 19:58
@Elwood wrote:I love red dials personally, I'm a complete sucker for watches with detail. I think you will love it and not look back. It will be a whole new world of watches with red dials.
i don't know what i am so worried about, i wore a bright yellow Seiko for 16 years non stop
i think it will fit in nicely with my other divers

Iceblue
Admin

on Tue Aug 22 2017, 20:47
Am I right in saying they come in black ,red ,yellow ,white ,orange I would probebley go with a white but that's only becouse I am lusting after a white dial watch at the moment
domecurb
Admin

on Tue Aug 22 2017, 20:54
@Iceblue wrote:Am I right in saying they come in black ,red ,yellow ,white ,orange I would probebley go with a white but that's only becouse I am lusting after a white dial watch at the moment

if you want a white dial one you will love this........simply stunning IMO

daff62

on Tue Aug 22 2017, 23:32
@Iceblue wrote:Am I right in saying they come in black ,red ,yellow ,white ,orange I would probebley go with a white but that's only becouse I am lusting after a white dial watch at the moment

@domecurb wrote:

That's the one I put a link to earlier in this thread if you wanted to see any more details about it. It's a pity it's not being sold by a UK seller.
domecurb
Admin

on Tue Aug 22 2017, 23:43
@daff62 wrote:

@domecurb wrote:

That's the one I put a link to earlier in this thread if you wanted to see any more details about it. It's a pity it's not being sold by a UK seller.

i am not sure they ever were available from the uk, maybe not JDM but certainly hard to get over here
not my taste but very nice in white

Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum