THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/

Latest topics

» Anyone Around!
i was thinking about buying one of these EmptySun Dec 27 2020, 15:54 by Robti

» sub £50 screwdriver set
i was thinking about buying one of these EmptySun Jun 21 2020, 12:11 by Robti

» Anyone bought anything during lockdown
i was thinking about buying one of these EmptyThu May 14 2020, 07:27 by Iceblue

» How is everybody
i was thinking about buying one of these EmptyWed Apr 01 2020, 15:35 by Robti

» 2020 future watch collection
i was thinking about buying one of these EmptyWed Jan 01 2020, 09:21 by Iceblue

» 31st December 2019
i was thinking about buying one of these EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:41 by Iceblue

» Happy new year too you all
i was thinking about buying one of these EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:29 by Iceblue

» Merry Christmas
i was thinking about buying one of these EmptyWed Dec 25 2019, 21:47 by Robti

» 13th November 2019
i was thinking about buying one of these EmptyWed Nov 13 2019, 17:54 by Iceblue

Top posting users this month

No user

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

+2
daff62
domecurb
6 posters

i was thinking about buying one of these

domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

i was thinking about buying one of these Empty i was thinking about buying one of these

Post by domecurb Tue Aug 22 2017, 11:20

as the title says......would a regret buying a bright red watch ?
    its a belter but that colour? i cant find any other colours for sale, would love a black or dark blue one

Orient Saturation 300
    i was thinking about buying one of these S-l1600
    daff62
    daff62

i was thinking about buying one of these Empty Re: i was thinking about buying one of these

Post by daff62 Tue Aug 22 2017, 11:55

I really like the bold colour and think it would look good on the wrist. Very Happy

I'm presuming it wouldn't be easy to "mod" the watch with a different dial because of the sub dial. Out of interest is the sub dial a power reserve indicator?

domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

i was thinking about buying one of these Empty Re: i was thinking about buying one of these

Post by domecurb Tue Aug 22 2017, 11:59

daff62 wrote:I really like the bold colour and think it would look good on the wrist. Very Happy

I'm presuming it wouldn't be easy to "mod" the watch with a different dial because of the sub dial. Out of interest is the sub dial a power reserve indicator?  

eek ! far too expensive to mod Shocked

it is a power reserve, but auto as well

the is Orient's equivalent of Seiko's Marine Master
    Daz

Post by Daz Tue Aug 22 2017, 12:13

I like it and that's from a Seiko addict so it must be good.
    I like a few bright coloured dials in the box it gives a good variety and they say variety is the spice of life.
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Post by SeikoJohn Tue Aug 22 2017, 12:30

How many times have you kicked yourself for not buying the black dialed one you saw a few month ago Shocked

I say go for it buy the red one If you do not bond with it you most certainly will not make a loss if you sell it on .
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Tue Aug 22 2017, 12:32

SeikoJohn wrote:How many times have you kicked yourself for not buying the black dialed one you saw a few month ago Shocked

I say go for it buy the red one If you do not bond with it you most certainly will not make a loss if you sell it on .

i know i know Sad
    daff62
    daff62

Post by daff62 Tue Aug 22 2017, 15:31

domecurb wrote:
    daff62 wrote:I really like the bold colour and think it would look good on the wrist. Very Happy

eek ! far too expensive to mod  Shocked

oooops, hadn't realised the price point. Embarassed

I think John's advice to get the red one is sound rather than being disappointed if you miss the chance to buy it.

I came across this one which also looks good but still isn't the dial colour you were looking for.

http://www.shoppinginjapan.net/wv0121el
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Tue Aug 22 2017, 15:34

daff62 wrote:
    domecurb wrote:

eek ! far too expensive to mod  Shocked

oooops, hadn't realised the price point. Embarassed

I think John's advice to get the red one is sound rather than being disappointed if you miss the chance to buy it.

I came across this one which also looks good but still isn't the dial colour you were looking for.

http://www.shoppinginjapan.net/wv0121el

thanks, its nice but white dial remind me of pocket watches for some reason plus can you imagine the duty and vat on that price pale
    daff62
    daff62

Post by daff62 Tue Aug 22 2017, 15:47

thanks, its nice but white dial remind me of pocket watches for some reason plus can you imagine the duty and vat on that price pale [/quote]

I see what you mean on both points. Its a bit of a quandary whether to seize the opportunity of the red one or be patient (which is never easy) for one with the dial colour you would like.
    Possibly John's suggestion that it would hold its value for selling on would minimise any worries specially if you could buy it at a good price. Very Happy
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Tue Aug 22 2017, 15:49

daff62 wrote:

thanks, its nice but white dial remind me of pocket watches for some reason plus can you imagine the duty and vat on that price pale

I see what you mean on both points. Its a bit of a quandary whether to seize the opportunity of the red one or be patient (which is never easy) for one with the dial colour you would like.
    Possibly John's suggestion that it would hold its value for selling on would minimise any worries specially if you could buy it at a good price. Very Happy [/quote]

well purchase made so thats that Very Happy
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Post by SeikoJohn Tue Aug 22 2017, 15:51

domecurb wrote:

well purchase made so thats that Very Happy

Brilliant Very Happy was it a UK purchase ??
    daff62
    daff62

Post by daff62 Tue Aug 22 2017, 15:53

well purchase made so thats that Very Happy [/quote]

Well done, I think you have made the right decision. i was thinking about buying one of these 3377044411
    Elwood
    Elwood

Post by Elwood Tue Aug 22 2017, 19:51

I love red dials personally, I'm a complete sucker for watches with detail. I think you will love it and not look back. It will be a whole new world of watches with red dials.
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Tue Aug 22 2017, 19:58

Elwood wrote:I love red dials personally, I'm a complete sucker for watches with detail. I think you will love it and not look back. It will be a whole new world of watches with red dials.
    i don't know what i am so worried about, i wore a bright yellow Seiko for 16 years non stop
    i think it will fit in nicely with my other divers
    Iceblue
    Iceblue
    Admin

Post by Iceblue Tue Aug 22 2017, 20:47

Am I right in saying they come in black ,red ,yellow ,white ,orange I would probebley go with a white but that's only becouse I am lusting after a white dial watch at the moment
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Tue Aug 22 2017, 20:54

Iceblue wrote:Am I right in saying they come in black ,red ,yellow ,white ,orange I would probebley go with a white but that's only becouse I am lusting after a white dial watch at the moment

if you want a white dial one you will love this........simply stunning IMO

i was thinking about buying one of these Orient_Saturation_Diver_300m_WV0121EL__98184.1438064158.1280.1280
    daff62
    daff62

Post by daff62 Tue Aug 22 2017, 23:32

Iceblue wrote:Am I right in saying they come in black ,red ,yellow ,white ,orange I would probebley go with a white but that's only becouse I am lusting after a white dial watch at the moment

domecurb wrote:

i was thinking about buying one of these Orient_Saturation_Diver_300m_WV0121EL__98184.1438064158.1280.1280

That's the one I put a link to earlier in this thread if you wanted to see any more details about it. It's a pity it's not being sold by a UK seller.
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Tue Aug 22 2017, 23:43

daff62 wrote:

domecurb wrote:

That's the one I put a link to earlier in this thread if you wanted to see any more details about it. It's a pity it's not being sold by a UK seller.

i am not sure they ever were available from the uk, maybe not JDM but certainly hard to get over here
    not my taste but very nice in white

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 04:39