THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM
PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
Latest topics
Boschett HarpoonYesterday at 17:45SeikoJohn
New in todayYesterday at 13:58domecurb
Sunday 10 December 2017Sun Dec 10 2017, 20:41Iceblue
You cant beat a freebie Fri Dec 08 2017, 19:58Iceblue
Friday 8 December 2017.Fri Dec 08 2017, 12:05daff62
Thursday 7 December 2017.Thu Dec 07 2017, 22:34domecurb
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
19 Posts - 32%
15 Posts - 25%
11 Posts - 18%
8 Posts - 13%
7 Posts - 12%
December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

View previous topicGo downView next topic
SeikoJohn
Admin

The Squiggle is no more

on Tue Jul 25 2017, 12:58
as the title reads the Seiko Squiggle is no more Sad Sad  brief history on the squiggle I purchased a Seiko 007 with the intention of having it modded

This is the original mod

Then after a while I changed over the bezel

typical me I wore it like this for a while until I changed the bezel insert yet again

Forward a few month and decided to change the appearance once more so I bought a new set of gold hands and Bruce sent me a black and gold bezel insert . Now try as I might I just could not get the minute hand to fit correctly , the hour hand was fine but that minute hand just did not like me , yup you have all guessed what happened next off it went up to Scotland where Bruce fitted the hands for me now in my defence he did say that the minute hand needed squezzing slightly to make it smaller so it would fit properly . I then received a photo and he has put a yellow sapphire on which just finishes off the watch IMO it looks spectacular . Anyway enough of me blabbing on here are the photos of the new Mellow Yellow  Very Happy  Very Happy  ( ps the sapphire is a swine to photo )

Re: The Squiggle is no more

on Tue Jul 25 2017, 14:53
Very nice John

Is this the final transformation or could there be further changes down the line? I must admit I did like the orange squiggle and minute hand and thought it worked really well with the orange bezel insert. Out of interest, as I've never actually seen a watch with a yellow sapphire fitted, does it dull or have any effect on the luminosity?
SeikoJohn
Admin

on Tue Jul 25 2017, 15:31
This is it this is definitely the finally mod for this watch I like it so much . As for lume I am not a lover nor hater of lume but especially for you a photo taken the best I can . It actually looks good and does not affect the lume really

Admin

on Tue Jul 25 2017, 15:37
A quick video to show the watch off better although I do think it requires a different name to mellow yellow

Admin
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

on Tue Jul 25 2017, 16:38
looks better like that

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
daff62

on Tue Jul 25 2017, 17:30
@SeikoJohn wrote:This is it this is definitely the finally mod for this watch I like it so much . As for lume I am not a lover nor hater of lume but especially for you a photo taken the best I can . It actually looks good and does not affect the lume really

Many thanks for the picture and video John, very impressed.

It does look great and I can understand from the video why it would be difficult to photograph. As for it being the last ever mod.............lets just say I will be keeping a lookout in the months ahead. Suspect Very Happy
domecurb
Admin

on Tue Jul 25 2017, 17:32
@daff62 wrote:
@SeikoJohn wrote:This is it this is definitely the finally mod for this watch I like it so much . As for lume I am not a lover nor hater of lume but especially for you a photo taken the best I can . It actually looks good and does not affect the lume really

Many thanks for the picture and video John, very impressed.

It does look great and I can understand from the video why it would be difficult to photograph. As for it being the last ever mod.............lets just say I will be keeping a lookout in the months ahead. Suspect Very Happy

Hmmm.......i was thinking that myself Rolling Eyes

SeikoJohn
Admin

on Tue Jul 25 2017, 17:59
No I promise you both this is the last mod .... Well for this watch anyway I already have a plan in my head for a mod for another watch .

Admin

on Tue Jul 25 2017, 18:07
uh huh

Daz

on Tue Jul 25 2017, 19:40
Nice enjoy it.
I did like the orange squiggle mind.
Iceblue
Admin

on Tue Jul 25 2017, 20:20
Looking very good buddy it's always good to see something different from the normal mods

enjoy it mate
SeikoJohn
Admin

on Tue Aug 01 2017, 11:21
I dug out the light tent today to try and take some better photos but the Yellow Sapphire is like a mirror and so difficult to photograph

on Tue Aug 01 2017, 12:14
All nice pictures and I particularly like the first and last one.

I hope you have the orange "squiggle" second hand somewhere safe for future mods on other watches. Very Happy
SeikoJohn
Admin

on Tue Aug 01 2017, 12:34
@daff62 wrote:All nice pictures and I particularly like the first and last one.

I hope you have the orange "squiggle" second hand somewhere safe for future mods on other watches. Very Happy

Yup the squiggle is stored away safely

on Tue Aug 01 2017, 15:14
@SeikoJohn wrote:
@daff62 wrote:All nice pictures and I particularly like the first and last one.

Yup the squiggle is stored away safely

Great stuff, I'm sure we will be seeing and admiring it again on another watch at some point. Very Happy
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic