THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM
PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
Latest topics
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
88 Posts - 27%
78 Posts - 24%
42 Posts - 13%
38 Posts - 12%
29 Posts - 9%
23 Posts - 7%
22 Posts - 7%
1 Post - 0%
October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

View previous topicGo downView next topic
SeikoJohn
Admin

Help me decide what to buy

on Thu Jun 08 2017, 16:21
I have sold a few watches this week Sad  but only because I wanted to buy a new one but the problem is I just do not know what to buy . Originally I was looking at spending around £200 but this has dropped slightly now as I need to put money to one side to buy a new dial and hands for my Invicta so looking around the £150-£170

I have seen a few that I like but will be above my price range but to give an idea of what I like here they are

Armida

Vertigo

Obris Morgan

I like the idea of trying something that is not Seiko so have been looking at the Miyota 9015 movements .

So my fellow members what is out there that you think may be of interest to me , new or pre loved I am fine either way .

Cheers John
domecurb
Admin
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Help me decide what to buy

on Thu Jun 08 2017, 17:48
out of the ones you show i would go for the Obris, the others are just using "default" design cue's that othe makers use, whereas the Obris seems to have its own look IMHHO Wink

it is nice Very Happy
SeikoJohn
Admin

on Thu Jun 08 2017, 17:55
Funny you mention the Obris as I actually sent the company an email today asking if they will be getting more stock in as they have sold out of everything .
Trying to find one pre owned is pretty difficult I can not seem to find many around
daff62

on Thu Jun 08 2017, 18:02
I like the Armida but they are very similar in design to other diver watches. The Vertigo is really nice though reminds me of the Seiko mini monster if that's the right name. A great look which stands out but if you wanted that you may prefer the Seiko version. That leaves the Obris which is my favourite which has a very dressy classic look. A watch I think you could wear at any time or for any occasion.

I'm afraid I don't know enough about other diver watches to recommend one but think you have chosen three really smart ones if you decide to buy one of them Very Happy
Iceblue
Admin

on Thu Jun 08 2017, 19:17
If you can get a obris Morgan go for it I had one of the explorer in blue or black they are great watches and stand out from the rest , also obris Morgan do the vanilla scented rubber strap that are very good for the money and a fraction of the price of similer branded type , hope out and one will come up sooner or later , I would guess that £185 -£250 should get you one fully peli boxed with papers
domecurb
Admin

on Thu Jun 08 2017, 19:19
Iceblue wrote:If you can get a obris Morgan go for it I had one of the explorer in blue or black they are great watches and stand out from the rest , also obris Morgan do the vanilla scented rubber strap that are very good for the money and a fraction of the price of similer branded type , hope out and one will come up sooner or later , I would guess that £185 -£250 should get you one fully peli boxed with papers

i agree with the above, it may be well worth your while hanging off and getting a few pounds more for the right purchase
SeikoJohn
Admin

on Thu Jun 08 2017, 19:24
From what I have seen they are really hard to get hold of ,, On their website they have sold out of every watch they make and prewoned ones are even harder to find.

Can members please keep their eyes open for me and if you see one for sale please let me know , cheers Very Happy
Iceblue
Admin

on Thu Jun 08 2017, 19:29
Have you a colour in mind or even the other models like the aiges they are cool I have had both and for me the explorer in blue would be a good choice
SeikoJohn
Admin

on Thu Jun 08 2017, 19:33
Iceblue wrote:Have you a colour in mind or even the other models like the aiges they are cool I have had both and for me the explorer in blue would be a good choice

My original plan was to buy a blue dial and white hands for my Invicta and mod it (again) and buy a black Obris but I have decided to hold off on the dial and hands that way I can buy either colour from Obris which gives me a better chance of getting one . Very Happy
SeikoJohn
Admin

on Thu Jun 08 2017, 21:02
Iceblue wrote:also obris Morgan do the vanilla scented rubber strap

Seriously Obris do a scented strap Shocked I have never heard of a scented watch strap before .
domecurb
Admin

on Thu Jun 08 2017, 22:01
SeikoJohn wrote:

Seriously Obris do a scented strap Shocked  I have never heard of a scented watch strap before .

simple to make, just tie one to Alfie's tale for a couple of days and hay presto......a scented strap Very Happy
SeikoJohn
Admin

on Thu Jun 08 2017, 22:11
domecurb wrote:
SeikoJohn wrote:

Seriously Obris do a scented strap Shocked  I have never heard of a scented watch strap before .

simple to make, just tie one to Alfie's tale for a couple of days and hay presto......a scented strap Very Happy

Well if I dont get an Obris I will buy a Kinetic and that will be getting attached to his collar just to charge it Very Happy Very Happy
domecurb
Admin

on Thu Jun 08 2017, 22:13
SeikoJohn wrote:
domecurb wrote:
SeikoJohn wrote:

Well if I dont get an Obris I will buy a Kinetic and that will be getting attached to his collar just to charge it Very Happy Very Happy

pretty sure its in the forum rules about not using the "K" word lol!
SeikoJohn
Admin

on Thu Jun 08 2017, 22:34
I know but I just enjoy using it to get a reaction from yourself Very Happy

Admin

on Thu Jun 08 2017, 22:55
SeikoJohn wrote:I know but I just enjoy using it to get a reaction from yourself Very Happy

thing is there are some really nice Kinetics
like this one :

its tempted me many times: Seiko SUN019P1

they turn up used occasionaly and not too dear either...........for looks i would give it 10 out of 10
SeikoJohn
Admin

on Thu Jun 08 2017, 23:29
Yup that is nice .. originally I wanted the blue and red but now I been looking at these

This one needs a new capacitor

Admin

on Thu Jun 08 2017, 23:37
SeikoJohn wrote:Yup that is nice .. originally I wanted the blue and red but now I been looking at these

This one needs a new capacitor

and the bracelet is worn out, the early ones were not very good Crying or Very sad
SeikoJohn
Admin

on Fri Jun 09 2017, 21:38
I just bought a watch Shocked Shocked and it is not a Seiko well it kind of might be but does not say Seiko on the dial and is not a Kinetic so I am not breaking forum rules lol!

Admin

on Fri Jun 09 2017, 21:43
SeikoJohn wrote:I just bought a watch Shocked Shocked  and it is not a Seiko well it kind of might be but does not say Seiko on the dial and is not a Kinetic so I am not breaking forum rules lol!

Hmmm.......what could it be ? i wonder Rolling Eyes lol!
SeikoJohn
Admin

on Fri Jun 09 2017, 21:55
domecurb wrote:Hmmm.......what could it be ? i wonder Rolling Eyes  lol!

I am not telling Very Happy oh wait I have already told you ......dam Mad

I will say though you deserve a medal putting up with me this week and all the pm's asking " what do you think of this ... not wait forget that one what about this one ... oh no there is more " Thankyou for all your help
domecurb
Admin

on Fri Jun 09 2017, 22:02
SeikoJohn wrote:
domecurb wrote:Hmmm.......what could it be ? i wonder Rolling Eyes  lol!

I am not telling Very Happy  oh wait I have already told you ......dam Mad

I will say though you deserve a medal putting up with me this week and all the pm's asking " what do you think of this  ... not wait forget that one what about this one ... oh no there is more " Thankyou for all your help

absolutely anytime......

[ got nothing else to do Sad ]
SeikoJohn
Admin

on Fri Jun 09 2017, 22:06
domecurb wrote:
absolutely anytime......

Funny you should say that as I have a little cash left over so ........ what do you think of this .... haha only kidding Very Happy
domecurb
Admin

on Fri Jun 09 2017, 22:10
SeikoJohn wrote:
domecurb wrote:
absolutely anytime......

Funny you should say that as I have a little cash left over so ........ what do you think of this .... haha  only kidding  Very Happy

what about this Very Happy

SeikoJohn
Admin

on Fri Jun 09 2017, 22:29
erm yeah I would love to wear one of them on my wrist  
domecurb
Admin

on Fri Jun 09 2017, 22:34
SeikoJohn wrote:erm yeah I would love to wear one of them on my wrist  

excellent.........thats christmas sorted
SeikoJohn
Admin

on Tue Jun 13 2017, 11:42
I bought myself a watch on Friday and today a knock at the door as Mr Postman is stood there with a parcel

all excited I rushed in the house opened my parcel thinking it was my watch and ........ NO

It was a hand press tool I bought last month from China and forgot all about it

and yes you can all STOP laughing at me now as I got all excited thinking my new watch had arrived
domecurb
Admin

on Tue Jun 13 2017, 11:48
SeikoJohn wrote:I bought myself a watch on Friday and today a knock at the door as Mr Postman is stood there with a parcel

all excited I rushed in the house opened my parcel thinking it was my watch and ........ NO

It was a hand press tool I bought last month from China and forgot all about it

and yes you can all STOP laughing at me now as I got all excited thinking my new watch had arrived

snigger Smile
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum