THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM
PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
35 Posts - 26%
34 Posts - 25%
30 Posts - 22%
16 Posts - 12%
14 Posts - 10%
5 Posts - 4%
3 Posts - 2%
February 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Go down
daff62

Replacement bezel insert

on Tue Jun 06 2017, 17:14
I wasn't sure whether this belonged in the repair section but as nothing is broken thought I would put it here.

I've had this Tissot pr-516 for many years .......

........and as I wasn't used to this type of watch didn't realise anything was missing for a long time. Embarassed

I managed to find an image to see what it should look like ....

" />

....and wondered whether (a) it would be possible to buy that or a compatible insert that would fit and (b) is it a simple matter to click it into the space.

I don't know if the insert was purely part of the design or if it worked ie could be rotated. If the latter I assume other parts may be needed.

Any advice gratefully received.  Very Happy
domecurb
Admin
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Replacement bezel insert

on Tue Jun 06 2017, 17:39
personaly i think you have a better chance of seeing a pink Elephant land on Edinburgh Castle and take over the job of "Tam the gun" at 1pm than finding one of those.........just saying Very Happy
i think your only chance would be to find a scrapper and hope the bezel is ok as it looks very model specific Crying or Very sad
daff62

on Tue Jun 06 2017, 18:26
@domecurb wrote:personaly i think you have a better chance of seeing a pink Elephant land on Edinburgh Castle and take over the job of "Tam the gun" at 1pm than finding one of those.........just saying Very Happy
i think your only chance would be to find a scrapper and hope the bezel is ok as it looks very model specific Crying or Very sad

Funny you should say that, I was just counting down the last few seconds to fire the one o'clock gun & this pink elephant came floating down and ...............oooops back to reality.

Looks like the watch will be staying as is then for the foreseeable future. Sad

It's a while since I've worn it & it still works fine if I do so its not a disaster. Thanks for the advice though.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum