THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM
PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

NEW DIVERS AND DRESS WATCH SECTIONS NOW OPEN
Latest topics
Monday 21st MayMon May 21 2018, 16:47SeikoJohn
Sunday 20 May 2018Sun May 20 2018, 16:17Robti
My collection so far Sun May 20 2018, 16:15Robti
More watch storage Sun May 20 2018, 12:15daff62
Saturday 19th May 2018.Sat May 19 2018, 08:57daff62
Friday 18th MayFri May 18 2018, 15:04SeikoJohn
Thursday 17 May 2018.Thu May 17 2018, 11:55daff62
Tuesday 15 May 2018.Tue May 15 2018, 12:03daff62
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
32 Posts - 34%
28 Posts - 30%
19 Posts - 20%
12 Posts - 13%
1 Post - 1%
1 Post - 1%
May 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+


Share
Go down
avatar
Robti
Posts : 443
Join date : 2017-04-19
Age : 54
Location : Hamilton

Seiko rubber strap question

on Wed May 24 2017, 15:04
Hi I awaiting delivery at the end of the week of my 007J1 so it has the rubber strap, so just wondering to those who have rubber straps on their watches do you still have it as an everyday wearer or have you changed to something else and what ?

Thanks
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2993
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Seiko rubber strap question

on Wed May 24 2017, 15:17
@Robti wrote:Hi I awaiting delivery at the end of the week of my 007J1 so it has the rubber strap, so just wondering to those who have rubber straps on their watches do you still have it as an everyday wearer or have you changed to something else and what ?

Thanks

its not rubber like you would imagine, its more like a rubbery vinyl and IMO extremely uncomfortable as there is no give in it, see if you can find a silicon rubber for it, you can even swap the buckle with the seiko one, as for the watch.........its superb and a "J" as well cheers dont listen to the "experts", they ARE Japanese made and ARE better finished, even the dial and bezel inserts are a different colour between the "J" and "K" models.......the "K" is for Kuala Lumpur by the way and not Korea Wink unlike a lot i have made contact with Seiko head office in Japan many times over the years..........its the only way to get through the mire of misinformation Rolling Eyes

also if you are buying a measuring caliper make sure the one recommended on TWF has no plastic parts as they are not accurate enough to measure crystals.. just sayin' Laughing
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2381
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Seiko rubber strap question

on Wed May 24 2017, 15:19
Personally I am not a fan of the Seiko rubber strap they feel too hard to me and not that flexible . I put my 007 onto a Bracelet but then I like bracelets .





I do own a couple of rubber straps that IMO feel much better to wear .

avatar
Robti
Posts : 443
Join date : 2017-04-19
Age : 54
Location : Hamilton

Re: Seiko rubber strap question

on Wed May 24 2017, 16:21
Thanks for the help so if I wanted a bracelet any recommendations?

Also re the vernier calipers, last time I had a set was around the start of the eighties as an apprentice so would appreciate a nudge in the right direction for a set, will be used for glass straps and pin measurements
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2993
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Seiko rubber strap question

on Wed May 24 2017, 17:01
@Robti wrote:Thanks for the help so if I wanted a bracelet any recommendations?

Also re the vernier calipers, last time I had a set was around the start of the eighties as an apprentice so would appreciate a nudge in the right direction for a set, will be used for glass straps and pin measurements

if you want a really good bracelet then Strapcode are the best aftermarket, but expensive.the build quality is excellent though
this might be worth watching
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Strapcode-Miltat-Super-Jubilee-Bracelet-22mm-/112416045349?hash=item1a2c84b925:g:D5UAAOSwurZZIhmU

there are not many on ebay but plenty of Amazon

this caliper should do you, you can see its all steet construction and wont break the bank, but its like anything cheap..they wont last forever.......i think they are ideal for measuring crystals etc
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-150mm-Digital-Steel-Caliper-Electronic-Micrometer-LCD-Measuring-Gauge-Tool-/132040354060?hash=item1ebe37e90c:g:OacAAMXQ4uJSHMhj
avatar
Robti
Posts : 443
Join date : 2017-04-19
Age : 54
Location : Hamilton

Re: Seiko rubber strap question

on Wed May 24 2017, 20:30
@domecurb wrote:
@Robti wrote:Thanks for the help so if I wanted a bracelet any recommendations?

Also re the vernier calipers, last time I had a set was around the start of the eighties as an apprentice so would appreciate a nudge in the right direction for a set, will be used for glass straps and pin measurements

if you want a really good bracelet then Strapcode are the best aftermarket, but expensive.the build quality is excellent though
this might be worth watching
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Strapcode-Miltat-Super-Jubilee-Bracelet-22mm-/112416045349?hash=item1a2c84b925:g:D5UAAOSwurZZIhmU

there are not many on ebay but plenty of Amazon

this caliper should do you, you can see its all steet construction and wont break the bank, but its like anything cheap..they wont last forever.......i think they are ideal for measuring crystals etc
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-150mm-Digital-Steel-Caliper-Electronic-Micrometer-LCD-Measuring-Gauge-Tool-/132040354060?hash=item1ebe37e90c:g:OacAAMXQ4uJSHMhj

Thanks vernier calipers ordered of your link and also watching that item
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2993
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Seiko rubber strap question

on Wed May 24 2017, 20:43
@Robti wrote:
@domecurb wrote:
@Robti wrote:Thanks for the help so if I wanted a bracelet any recommendations?

Also re the vernier calipers, last time I had a set was around the start of the eighties as an apprentice so would appreciate a nudge in the right direction for a set, will be used for glass straps and pin measurements

if you want a really good bracelet then Strapcode are the best aftermarket, but expensive.the build quality is excellent though
this might be worth watching
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Strapcode-Miltat-Super-Jubilee-Bracelet-22mm-/112416045349?hash=item1a2c84b925:g:D5UAAOSwurZZIhmU

there are not many on ebay but plenty of Amazon

this caliper should do you, you can see its all steet construction and wont break the bank, but its like anything cheap..they wont last forever.......i think they are ideal for measuring crystals etc
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-150mm-Digital-Steel-Caliper-Electronic-Micrometer-LCD-Measuring-Gauge-Tool-/132040354060?hash=item1ebe37e90c:g:OacAAMXQ4uJSHMhj

Thanks vernier calipers ordered of your link and also watching that item

the bug has got you early lol!
Sponsored content

Re: Seiko rubber strap question

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum