THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/

Latest topics

» Anyone Around!
Seiko rubber strap question EmptySun Dec 27 2020, 15:54 by Robti

» sub £50 screwdriver set
Seiko rubber strap question EmptySun Jun 21 2020, 12:11 by Robti

» Anyone bought anything during lockdown
Seiko rubber strap question EmptyThu May 14 2020, 07:27 by Iceblue

» How is everybody
Seiko rubber strap question EmptyWed Apr 01 2020, 15:35 by Robti

» 2020 future watch collection
Seiko rubber strap question EmptyWed Jan 01 2020, 09:21 by Iceblue

» 31st December 2019
Seiko rubber strap question EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:41 by Iceblue

» Happy new year too you all
Seiko rubber strap question EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:29 by Iceblue

» Merry Christmas
Seiko rubber strap question EmptyWed Dec 25 2019, 21:47 by Robti

» 13th November 2019
Seiko rubber strap question EmptyWed Nov 13 2019, 17:54 by Iceblue

Top posting users this month

No user

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

3 posters

Seiko rubber strap question

Robti
    Robti

Seiko rubber strap question Empty Seiko rubber strap question

Post by Robti Wed May 24 2017, 15:04

Hi I awaiting delivery at the end of the week of my 007J1 so it has the rubber strap, so just wondering to those who have rubber straps on their watches do you still have it as an everyday wearer or have you changed to something else and what ?

Thanks
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Seiko rubber strap question Empty Re: Seiko rubber strap question

Post by domecurb Wed May 24 2017, 15:17

Robti wrote:Hi I awaiting delivery at the end of the week of my 007J1 so it has the rubber strap, so just wondering to those who have rubber straps on their watches do you still have it as an everyday wearer or have you changed to something else and what ?

Thanks

its not rubber like you would imagine, its more like a rubbery vinyl and IMO extremely uncomfortable as there is no give in it, see if you can find a silicon rubber for it, you can even swap the buckle with the seiko one, as for the watch.........its superb and a "J" as well cheers dont listen to the "experts", they ARE Japanese made and ARE better finished, even the dial and bezel inserts are a different colour between the "J" and "K" models.......the "K" is for Kuala Lumpur by the way and not Korea Wink unlike a lot i have made contact with Seiko head office in Japan many times over the years..........its the only way to get through the mire of misinformation Rolling Eyes

also if you are buying a measuring caliper make sure the one recommended on TWF has no plastic parts as they are not accurate enough to measure crystals.. just sayin' Laughing
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Post by SeikoJohn Wed May 24 2017, 15:19

Personally I am not a fan of the Seiko rubber strap they feel too hard to me and not that flexible . I put my 007 onto a Bracelet but then I like bracelets .

Seiko rubber strap question 88C6D54D-5DA8-4B2F-B2AB-C7C2CC40EB9D_zps9foncelw

I do own a couple of rubber straps that IMO feel much better to wear .

Seiko rubber strap question FAB0E95F-EB76-473C-AD78-F792DBC3FB9F_zpsjaej56yv
    Robti
    Robti

Post by Robti Wed May 24 2017, 16:21

Thanks for the help so if I wanted a bracelet any recommendations?

Also re the vernier calipers, last time I had a set was around the start of the eighties as an apprentice so would appreciate a nudge in the right direction for a set, will be used for glass straps and pin measurements
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Wed May 24 2017, 17:01

Robti wrote:Thanks for the help so if I wanted a bracelet any recommendations?

Also re the vernier calipers, last time I had a set was around the start of the eighties as an apprentice so would appreciate a nudge in the right direction for a set, will be used for glass straps and pin measurements

if you want a really good bracelet then Strapcode are the best aftermarket, but expensive.the build quality is excellent though
    this might be worth watching
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Strapcode-Miltat-Super-Jubilee-Bracelet-22mm-/112416045349?hash=item1a2c84b925:g:D5UAAOSwurZZIhmU

there are not many on ebay but plenty of Amazon

this caliper should do you, you can see its all steet construction and wont break the bank, but its like anything cheap..they wont last forever.......i think they are ideal for measuring crystals etc
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-150mm-Digital-Steel-Caliper-Electronic-Micrometer-LCD-Measuring-Gauge-Tool-/132040354060?hash=item1ebe37e90c:g:OacAAMXQ4uJSHMhj
    Robti
    Robti

Post by Robti Wed May 24 2017, 20:30

domecurb wrote:

if you want a really good bracelet then Strapcode are the best aftermarket, but expensive.the build quality is excellent though
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Strapcode-Miltat-Super-Jubilee-Bracelet-22mm-/112416045349?hash=item1a2c84b925:g:D5UAAOSwurZZIhmU

this caliper should do you, you can see its all steet construction and wont break the bank, but its like anything cheap..they wont last forever.......i think they are ideal for measuring crystals etc
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-150mm-Digital-Steel-Caliper-Electronic-Micrometer-LCD-Measuring-Gauge-Tool-/132040354060?hash=item1ebe37e90c:g:OacAAMXQ4uJSHMhj

Thanks vernier calipers ordered of your link and also watching that item
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Wed May 24 2017, 20:43

Robti wrote:
    domecurb wrote:

Thanks vernier calipers ordered of your link and also watching that item

the bug has got you early lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 16:38