THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/

Latest topics

» Anyone Around!
New Topics  EmptySun Dec 27 2020, 15:54 by Robti

» sub £50 screwdriver set
New Topics  EmptySun Jun 21 2020, 12:11 by Robti

» Anyone bought anything during lockdown
New Topics  EmptyThu May 14 2020, 07:27 by Iceblue

» How is everybody
New Topics  EmptyWed Apr 01 2020, 15:35 by Robti

» 2020 future watch collection
New Topics  EmptyWed Jan 01 2020, 09:21 by Iceblue

» 31st December 2019
New Topics  EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:41 by Iceblue

» Happy new year too you all
New Topics  EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:29 by Iceblue

» Merry Christmas
New Topics  EmptyWed Dec 25 2019, 21:47 by Robti

» 13th November 2019
New Topics  EmptyWed Nov 13 2019, 17:54 by Iceblue

Top posting users this month

No user

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

4 posters

New Topics

SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

New Topics  Empty New Topics

Post by SeikoJohn Thu Apr 20 2017, 18:36

What do members think if we introduce a couple of new topics in this section . We are thinking of adding a "What are you wearing this month" which would start May 2017 this would be a continuous thread throughout May then a new one would start in June etc

Also how about also running a separate topic for those members that tend to wear the same watch for quite a while , we all do it especially if we have a new one to wear . I can not come up with a name for this topic though so all input would be appreciated

Finally this one has already started by Elwood it is the " Sitting on the fence " thread simply add a photo of anything watch related on a fence or gate post and add it to the gallery .

What do forum members think about us adding these two new topics ? Also feel free to share any ideas you may have on other new topics you feel would be interesting on the forum

thanks in advance New Topics  3377044411 New Topics  3377044411
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

New Topics  Empty Re: New Topics

Post by domecurb Thu Apr 20 2017, 18:55

what about "glued to your wrist " ? Wink
    Elwood
    Elwood

Post by Elwood Fri Apr 21 2017, 03:00

They sound like decent enough ideas. I haven't thought of any better titles than the one suggested by Bruce.

How about a thread where members can post pictures of their new acquisitions. For example, Jan 01 - March 31st (Q1) new acquisitions, then you could do the same on a quarterly basis. In my case I would want the thread password protected and secretly encrypted in case my wife ever realised what I was really up to!
    daff62
    daff62

Post by daff62 Sat Apr 22 2017, 16:41

If a "what you are wearing this month" thread was introduced would that replace the what you are wearing today thread? If not would the idea be that if you don't contribute to a daily thread you could instead add pictures when you please to the monthly thread?

For the watches you are wearing for a while idea could this not overlap with what might be put on the monthly thread? If you had something you were wearing for a number of days both threads could be applicable.

Possibly having the option though may encourage more posts which can only be a good thing. As for the name "glued to the wrist" is pretty good. I could only think of "current favourites" or "top of your charts" which don't have the same ring to them.

I do like Elwood's ideas for a thread for new acquisitions. It would be good to have a place to share any new arrivals.

In general I wondered whether having thread titles that were brands ie Seiko, Poljot, Rotary etc etc would be any better than under the "world of watches" & the country it was made. There are possibly too many brands for it to be viable but it's just a thought.

SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Post by SeikoJohn Sat Apr 22 2017, 18:03

I think we will run the daily what are you wearing alongside the what are you wearing this month giving members the option to post in whichever one they wanted.
    A new acquisition thread is a good idea .

some good ideas are being suggested here I will have a chat with the other mods and we will see what will or wont be introduced.

Thanks for the help guys

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 03:57