THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM
PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
Latest topics
Friday 20th October Yesterday at 21:15Iceblue
Thursday 19 October 2017.Thu Oct 19 2017, 18:30Robti
Which Insert would you pick Wed Oct 18 2017, 19:40Daz
Ultra rare Seiko on eBay Wed Oct 18 2017, 16:36daff62
Tuesday 17th November Tue Oct 17 2017, 18:12Robti
Watches you do not wear Mon Oct 16 2017, 20:22SeikoJohn
Sunday 15th October Sun Oct 15 2017, 11:35Elwood
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
82 Posts - 27%
76 Posts - 25%
40 Posts - 13%
37 Posts - 12%
25 Posts - 8%
22 Posts - 7%
20 Posts - 7%
1 Post - 0%
October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+


Share
View previous topicGo downView next topic
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2670
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

just bought a job lot of watches

on Thu Sep 29 2016, 10:22
just bought a joblot of watches............i must be mad, but there is a couple a absolute gems in the lot that are worth more than the cost so.............



i think there are around 50 watches plus various boxs......an instant collection.......just what i need Razz
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2008
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Thu Sep 29 2016, 10:51
looks like you had fun on a shopping spree Very Happy  so how many have you stripped already and are in the ultrasonic getting a clean  Shocked

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2670
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Thu Sep 29 2016, 10:58
SeikoJohn wrote:looks like you had fun on a shopping spree Very Happy  so how many have you stripped already and are in the ultrasonic getting a clean  Shocked

not got them yet Crying or Very sad
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1348
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Thu Sep 29 2016, 12:15
Looks like a great mix of watches there and I love all the original boxes. Sounds like it was also a great buy so well done. I will look forward to seeing some more pics when you get them. Very Happy
Guest
Guest

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Thu Sep 29 2016, 12:46
bounce Yes please bounce
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2670
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Thu Sep 29 2016, 13:03
SteveB wrote:bounce Yes please bounce

lol! there is one thats worth about £100 and i only recognised it by the "rare as rocking horse poo" bracelet Very Happy
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2008
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Mon Oct 03 2016, 17:48
@domecurb did Mr Postman deliver your instant watch collection Very Happy

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2670
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Mon Oct 03 2016, 18:30
SeikoJohn wrote:@domecurb did Mr Postman deliver your instant watch collection Very Happy

its not Mr Postman......its Parcel "farce"...the box hasn't moved since last thursday...was sent 48 hrs.... currently at 90 odd hrs Mad
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2008
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Mon Oct 03 2016, 18:32
oops thats not good Sad

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2670
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Mon Oct 03 2016, 18:35
SeikoJohn wrote:oops thats not good Sad

no its not.which is why i dont use Arseholefarce Neutral
Guest
Guest

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Mon Oct 03 2016, 21:47
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2670
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Mon Oct 03 2016, 22:21
SteveB wrote:

well spotted, i dont know what the left hand one facing you is, but i think the other is a secura, but i am not interested in either of them at the moment Wink
Guest
Guest

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Mon Oct 03 2016, 22:26
Secura by Breitling lol!
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2670
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Mon Oct 03 2016, 22:32
SteveB wrote:Secura by Breitling lol!

oh dont you start with that sh*t lol!

i think the other is a citizen crystron

Guest
Guest

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Mon Oct 03 2016, 22:42
Nah ... just a plain old quart by Citizen. However that bracelet is an exceptional fit. Let me know if the chrono is a Secura or something else interesting Arrow
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2008
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Mon Oct 03 2016, 22:51
I wish I knew what you two was taklking about ? What or who is this Secura ??


_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2670
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Mon Oct 03 2016, 23:00
SteveB wrote:Nah ... just a plain old quart by Citizen. However that bracelet is an exceptional fit. Let me know if the chrono is a Secura or something else interesting Arrow

bottom part of the dial "CQ"  crystron quartz Smile

similar one.



Secura is/was a swiss brand and they bought Breitling when Brietling were struggling, however despite what ebay sellers insist on there is absolutely no DNA exchange between the 2 companies
Guest
Guest

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Mon Oct 03 2016, 23:00
SeikoJohn wrote:I wish I knew what you two was taklking about ? What or who is this Secura ??

We misspelt it in order to confuse
Guest
Guest

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Mon Oct 03 2016, 23:03
[quote="domecurb"]
SteveB wrote:Nah ... just a plain old quart by Citizen. However that bracelet is an exceptional fit. Let me know if the chrono is a Secura or something else interesting Arrow

bottom part of the dial "CQ"  crystron quartz Smile

similar one.

I've never seen a Crystron without the Crystron printed below the logo
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2670
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Mon Oct 03 2016, 23:08
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
SteveB wrote:
domecurb wrote:
SteveB wrote:Nah ... just a plain old quart by Citizen. However that bracelet is an exceptional fit. Let me know if the chrono is a Secura or something else interesting Arrow

bottom part of the dial "CQ"  crystron quartz Smile

similar one.

I've never seen a Crystron without the Crystron printed below the logo

there is a huge variety of them, that one is probably one of the last run when they were dropping the crystron name in the early eighties, i have a couple of blue dialed ones that i bought for the movements
Guest
Guest

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Mon Oct 03 2016, 23:09

Secura is/was a swiss brand and they bought Breitling when Brietling were struggling, however despite what ebay sellers insist on there is absolutely no DNA exchange between the 2 companies[/quote]

I thought, and I will use an analogy. It went more like this

If Rover cars bought Bentley and then simply ceased to make Bentlys but instead rebadged all new Rovers as Bentleys.
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2670
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Mon Oct 03 2016, 23:14
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
SteveB wrote:
Secura is/was a swiss brand and they bought Breitling when Brietling were struggling, however despite what ebay sellers insist on there is absolutely no DNA exchange between the 2 companies

I thought, and I will use an analogy. It went more like this

If Rover cars bought Bentley and then simply ceased to make Bentlys but instead rebadged all new Rovers as Bentleys.[/quote]

no ..both companies continued as separate entities, but Sicura being the more profitable supported Breitling through the initial quartz revolution........guess which one won? Razz

Sicura is now owned by the chinese i believe
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2008
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Mon Oct 03 2016, 23:14
It was the spelling mistake that threw me ....honest lol
Just had a little google search and all makes sense now. I enjoy this learning it makes my brain all fuzzy

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2670
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Mon Oct 03 2016, 23:19
SeikoJohn wrote:It was the spelling mistake that threw me ....honest lol
Just had a little google search and all makes sense now. I enjoy this learning it makes my brain all fuzzy

sorry... that was my fault, Secura or Sicura its all the same to me Very Happy
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2670
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Tue Oct 04 2016, 11:36
so the watches job lot arrived this morning and apart from the crap packing where all the watches were bundled unprotected in a plastic bag, i am delighted
just a quick sift through and i was right...there was a Citizen 8600....this is the one with the flashing LED at 12, very rare, i took off the battery hatch fearing the worst and there was no battery and it was spotless inside, popped a battery in and its running perfectly, it would easily pass for NOS cheers

the one i though may be a Sicura........isnt !  its a "Sportline" ??  super quality, lemania movement and running strongly at the risk of ridicule.its omega standard.
there are so many gems  i dont know where to start, seiko, citizens, quartz mechanical Swiss russian etc
there is even a solid silver trench watch and its running too Shocked

here's the Sportline.this really interests me, it needs a major clean, its disgusting and obviously needs a pusher, luckily the crystal although scratched is intact




LOOK AT THE DNA affraid



so...anyone heard of Sportline ?

anyway i am chuffed to bits, i think this is the best buy i have made in a long time
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2008
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Tue Oct 04 2016, 12:55
Great news on the Citizen 8600 what a good find Very Happy I can see you bing busy with the ultrasonic cleaner for a while now Bruce Smile

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
Guest
Guest

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Tue Oct 04 2016, 14:57
Nope

Still a nice catch... just find a non work Lemania and drop the movement in bounce
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1348
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Tue Oct 04 2016, 17:46
Great result from a mixed job lot of watches.

Would be good to see a pic of the silver trench watch as and when possible. bounce
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2670
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Tue Oct 04 2016, 18:09
daff62 wrote:Great result from a mixed job lot of watches.

Would be good to see a pic of the silver trench watch as and when possible. bounce

here you go....i found an identical one on ebay, only difference it had Omega on the dial









really nice little watch and the inside is covered in service marks so seem looked after, its keeping really good time as well Smile

the omega one
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1348
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Tue Oct 04 2016, 18:47
domecurb wrote:
daff62 wrote:Great result from a mixed job lot of watches.

Would be good to see a pic of the silver trench watch as and when possible. bounce

here you go....i found an identical one on ebay, only difference it had Omega on the dial









really nice little watch and the inside is covered in service marks so seem looked after, its keeping really good time as well Smile

the omega one

Thanks for posting the pictures.

That's a fantastic watch with a good quality movement and in great condition. From what I can see of the hallmarks it looks like the import mark for London & a date letter for 1918.

Still working well after nearly 100 years & what a great find in amongst a job lot of watches. Very Happy
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2670
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

on Tue Oct 04 2016, 18:55
daff62 wrote:
domecurb wrote:
daff62 wrote:Great result from a mixed job lot of watches.

Would be good to see a pic of the silver trench watch as and when possible. bounce

here you go....i found an identical one on ebay, only difference it had Omega on the dial









really nice little watch and the inside is covered in service marks so seem looked after, its keeping really good time as well Smile

the omega one

Thanks for posting the pictures.  

That's a fantastic watch with a good quality movement and in great condition. From what I can see of the hallmarks it looks like the import mark for London & a date letter for 1918.

Still working well after nearly 100 years & what a great find in amongst a job lot of watches. Very Happy

still got another 50 odd to go through, but very pleased up to now
Sponsored content

Re: just bought a job lot of watches

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum