THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/

Latest topics

» Anyone Around!
Just like buses EmptySun Dec 27 2020, 15:54 by Robti

» sub £50 screwdriver set
Just like buses EmptySun Jun 21 2020, 12:11 by Robti

» Anyone bought anything during lockdown
Just like buses EmptyThu May 14 2020, 07:27 by Iceblue

» How is everybody
Just like buses EmptyWed Apr 01 2020, 15:35 by Robti

» 2020 future watch collection
Just like buses EmptyWed Jan 01 2020, 09:21 by Iceblue

» 31st December 2019
Just like buses EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:41 by Iceblue

» Happy new year too you all
Just like buses EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:29 by Iceblue

» Merry Christmas
Just like buses EmptyWed Dec 25 2019, 21:47 by Robti

» 13th November 2019
Just like buses EmptyWed Nov 13 2019, 17:54 by Iceblue

Top posting users this month

No user

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

4 posters

Just like buses

Elwood
    Elwood

Just like buses Empty Just like buses

Post by Elwood Tue Jan 17 2017, 00:58

I don't tend to get ill very often though my body tends to make the most of it when I do. I picked up a stomach bug at Christmas, couldn't eat for days then bagged a cold which is only just going now. I've not really had the energy to make many meaningful posts, though it's not stopped some very worth while watch activities going on Very Happy

With it being my 40th next month, I thought I'd treat myself to something I consider a little special, a Bulova Accutron. I bought it from another forum member and it arrived a week ago. I must say, it was packaged and had clearly been well cared for.

Just like buses 32180012

The watch itself doesn't fit in with my usual tastes with it being bi-metal, though I absolutely love it. It's a cracking watch in absolutely great condition, a real pleasure to wear.  To me, the delicate use of gold for the hands, markers, bezel, crown and bracelet links are a perfect compliment the stainless steel case and and black dial. There's something enjoyable about listening to it's hum too. The best bit is, I was on the look out for a birth year watch with no joy though when I checked the Bulova year code it's made in 1977, perfect.

Anyway, enthused by this, it led to me getting two other watches repaired which hadn't worked in a while, both brilliant watches in their own way, though completely different. I'm pretty chuffed about the Citizen wingman as I'd taken it to several watch repairers who said it was beyond repair, though I'd been playing around with it and somehow got most of its features working again other than the hour hand. Now it's fully working again for the first time in five years.

Just like buses 32299712
    Just like buses 31922912
    daff62
    daff62

Just like buses Empty Re: Just like buses

Post by daff62 Tue Jan 17 2017, 09:24

Your new Bulova Accutron is stunning. Just like buses 3377044411 The balance of the gold and steel is spot on and just perfect with the black dial. That's a watch that will always feel special on the wrist with the added bonus of it dating to your birth year. Very Happy

Heaven knows how you got the Citizen back to any type of working order. scratch It looks to be complicated to use (for me at least) never mind repair. Great feeling though that after five years it's fully back to life so it can be used and enjoyed.

The other repaired watch is also pretty smart and merited the tlc. Can't fully make out what's on the dial but looks to be from the 1970s as well.

Your only problem now is choosing which of them to wear. Very Happy

Hope you continue to feel / get better & avoid any more of these winter bugs. Whilst under the weather you've done really well with your new watch and getting the two others restored. Just like buses 3377044411

domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Tue Jan 17 2017, 09:39

one of the best excuses to buy a watch EVER ! lol! but a beauty
    hope your back to 100% soon
    Elwood
    Elwood

Post by Elwood Tue Jan 17 2017, 12:28

Cheers guys, I'm getting there, just a niggly cough. I also have no idea what I did to fix the citizen. I shorted the battery, as per it's instructions then pressed on a couple of things and it just started working again. The third watch is also a Bulova, it's an automatic from 1972
    daff62
    daff62

Post by daff62 Tue Jan 17 2017, 15:02

Elwood wrote:Cheers guys, I'm  getting there,  just a niggly cough.  I also have no idea what I did to fix the citizen.  I shorted the battery, as per it's instructions then pressed on a couple of things and it just started working again. The third watch is also a Bulova, it's an automatic from 1972

The Citizen is a definite result specially after being told it was beyond repair. Just shows randomly pressing buttons can work wonders. Very Happy
    PC-Magician
    PC-Magician

Post by PC-Magician Thu Jan 19 2017, 19:25

Glad you like it, that one I will miss a lot.
    Wear in hopefully good health.
    Elwood
    Elwood

Post by Elwood Fri Jan 20 2017, 19:45

PC-Magician wrote:Glad you like it, that one I will miss a lot.

Cheers, well my health has only improved since I've owned the watch that's for sure! Hopefully it's a good omen too. . We'll, I wore the citizen for a day or two though put the Accutron back on and have worn it non stop for about a week. Sometimes you yearn for a watch for years then owning it is an anti climax. Owning this Accutron was more of an impulse thing though hasn't ceased to impress, it certainly is cherished.
    PC-Magician
    PC-Magician

Post by PC-Magician Fri Jan 20 2017, 21:17

Elwood wrote:
    PC-Magician wrote:Glad you like it, that one I will miss a lot.

Cheers, well my health has only improved since I've owned the watch that's for sure! Hopefully it's a good omen too. .  We'll, I wore the citizen for a day or two though put the Accutron back on and have worn it non stop for about a week.  Sometimes you yearn for a watch for years then owning it is an anti climax. Owning this Accutron was more of an impulse thing though hasn't ceased to impress, it certainly is cherished.

That my friend is good to know, I had a feeling it was going to a good home and that makes me very happy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 08:17