THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM
PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
Latest topics
Boschett HarpoonTue Dec 12 2017, 17:45SeikoJohn
Tuesday 12th December Tue Dec 12 2017, 16:18domecurb
New in todayTue Dec 12 2017, 13:58domecurb
Sunday 10 December 2017Sun Dec 10 2017, 20:41Iceblue
You cant beat a freebie Fri Dec 08 2017, 19:58Iceblue
Friday 8 December 2017.Fri Dec 08 2017, 12:05daff62
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
20 Posts - 33%
15 Posts - 25%
11 Posts - 18%
8 Posts - 13%
7 Posts - 11%
December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+


Share
View previous topicGo downView next topic
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Invicta appearance change

on Sat Jan 14 2017, 15:12
I bought a joblot of hands and dials from Dagaz in a sale in December and today was the day when they came out to be used



I have an Invicta 8926 that I really like but not 100% happy with the hands so decided a change was required here we have the before and after photos









I am happy with the finished product although a little disappointed as I really wanted to use a different dial but this one was the only one with feet set for a 3 oclock crown the rest are all 4 oclock

All that is left now is to look for a red bezel insert
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2701
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat Jan 14 2017, 15:49
a really good mod well done Very Happy
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat Jan 14 2017, 15:52
I presumed that a Seiko bezel insert would fit but apparently you have to use a Rolex 16610

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2701
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat Jan 14 2017, 16:00
@SeikoJohn wrote:I presumed that a Seiko bezel insert would fit but apparently you have to use a Rolex 16610

you will need to measure the outer diameter and the inner as you may get one that has the right outer size but wrong inner if you go for the rolex one regardless of size you will need a domed crystal as all rolex inserts rise up toward the middle and would leave an ugly gap with a flat crystal
this may be your best best

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BEZEL-INSERT-FOR-40MM-INVICTA-SS-8926OB-RED-TOP-QUALITY-/311611152819?hash=item488d78d9b3:g:1qQAAOSwZJlXNOxx
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat Jan 14 2017, 16:10
cheers for the info I will look into it

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1405
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat Jan 14 2017, 16:52
I wouldn't have a clue where to start with something like this so well done John.

I think the new hands really compliment the watch so a great choice. While the watch looks good as is it will be interesting to see how you get on with the other modifications you are thinking about. Very Happy
avatar
Iceblue
Admin
Posts : 900
Join date : 2016-10-19
Age : 42
Location : Bedfordshire

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat Jan 14 2017, 17:03
Well done John that's a cracking looking sterile watch what model was the invicta and was it straight forward mod or did it need tweaking to fit
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat Jan 14 2017, 17:08
@Iceblue wrote:Well done John that's a cracking looking sterile watch what model was the invicta and was it straight forward mod or did it need tweaking to fit

It was the 8926 model and everything was straight forward as it has a nh35a movement .
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat Jan 14 2017, 17:13
Not sure if I should attempt to remove the Invicta engraving from the side of the case .. I have read about it and watched some tutorials on how it is done but it is a big step and if I mess up the case will be ruined

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2701
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat Jan 14 2017, 17:19
@SeikoJohn wrote: Not sure if I should attempt to remove the Invicta engraving from the side of the case .. I have read about it and watched some tutorials on how it is done but it is a big step and if I mess up the case will be ruined

i will have a go at most things, but the only way i would consider doing that would be to get the text filled with Tig welding, to grind it out you have to remove a lot of material, if you stuff it up then the watch is knackered Shocked
avatar
Iceblue
Admin
Posts : 900
Join date : 2016-10-19
Age : 42
Location : Bedfordshire

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat Jan 14 2017, 17:23
I once had a crown and stem I used and it had the Rolex sign on the end it's was sticking out and to be fair it rubbed down and it disappeared but the invicta is inwards so a lot harder
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat Jan 14 2017, 20:59
Being wearing this now all day since I modded it and I am really happy with it I like the appearance of it and it just feels right on my wrist . I have decided not to change anything and just leave as is .

Not going to remove the Invicta engraving it is too risky and going to leave the insert black ( for now )

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2701
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat Jan 14 2017, 21:19
@SeikoJohn wrote:Being wearing this now all day since I modded it and I am really happy with it I like the appearance of it and it just feels right on my wrist . I have decided not to change anything and just leave as is .

Not going to remove the Invicta engraving it is too risky and going to leave the insert black ( for now )

you could change your name to "InvictaJohn" then it would have meaning Razz lol!
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat Jan 14 2017, 21:21
@domecurb wrote:you could change your name to "InvictaJohn" then it would have meaning Razz lol!

Thought I had to change it to Kohn Razz Razz
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2701
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat Jan 14 2017, 21:22
@SeikoJohn wrote:
@domecurb wrote:you could change your name to "InvictaJohn" then it would have meaning Razz lol!

Thought I had to change it to Kohn Razz Razz

HHmmm ....Kohnvicta ......sounds good lol!
avatar
Elwood
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 522
Join date : 2016-09-26
Location : South West England

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sun Jan 15 2017, 14:48
Nice looking watch John, think you've done a great job with it.
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Thu Apr 20 2017, 10:22
I thought today I would change the appearance once more so I replaced the second hand with a red one . I was going to try and add a water slide decal to the dial but decided against it.
Quite like the finished result

avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1405
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Thu Apr 20 2017, 12:04
I must admit I quite liked the previous second hand as being white and black it was a good match for the other hands as well as the dial and bezel.

That said it is sometimes good to add a different colour as it will stand out and add something to the look of the watch. The red second hand achieves that and does look good.
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Thu Apr 20 2017, 13:14
I may return to the old secondhand yet I am not sure. If I do go back though I will buy a different coloured bezel insert

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
Elwood
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 522
Join date : 2016-09-26
Location : South West England

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Fri Apr 21 2017, 03:15
One thing for sure is that you've made a big improvement to the watch. Personally I prefer the red second hand, seems to work well. Because it's a sterile dial it probably needs a bit of extra colour rather than just black and white - changing the bezel insert if you go back to the white seconds hand makes a lot of sense.
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Fri Apr 21 2017, 14:21
Decided to go back to original Secondhand but change the bezel insert

which one though

Blue and Silver
Blue and Gold
Brown and Silver
Brown and Gold

avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2701
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Fri Apr 21 2017, 14:33
change back the second hand then leave as is IMHHO Very Happy
just to be awkward Razz
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Fri Apr 21 2017, 14:50
@domecurb wrote:change back the second hand then leave as is  IMHHO  Very Happy
just to be awkward Razz

No it looks too plain as it is . it needs a bit of "something"
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2701
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Fri Apr 21 2017, 15:08
@SeikoJohn wrote:
@domecurb wrote:change back the second hand then leave as is  IMHHO  Very Happy
just to be awkward Razz

No it looks too plain as it is . it needs a bit of "something"

salt and vinegar ? Smile
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Fri Apr 21 2017, 15:12
@domecurb wrote:
salt and vinegar ? Smile  

I often wonder what goes on in your head lol! lol!

avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2701
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Fri Apr 21 2017, 15:13
@SeikoJohn wrote:
@domecurb wrote:
salt and vinegar ? Smile  

I often wonder what goes on in your head  lol!  lol!

fish and chips ....what else ? Rolling Eyes
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1405
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Fri Apr 21 2017, 16:49
@SeikoJohn wrote:Decided to go back to original Secondhand but change the bezel insert

which one though

Blue and Silver
Blue and Gold
Brown and Silver
Brown and Gold



The blue and silver inset may work well on the watch. If it's not too tricky swapping the inserts around it would probably be worthwhile trying them all to see which one you like the best. Very Happy
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Fri Apr 21 2017, 18:24
@daff62 wrote:

The blue and silver inset may work well on the watch. If it's not too tricky swapping the inserts around it would probably be worthwhile trying them all to see which one you like the best. Very Happy

Looks as though you may be right I may order the Blue and Silver
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Thu May 25 2017, 18:00
Blue and Silver bezel insert ordered and will be shipped from USA .... Yup I am changing the Invicta's appearance yet again .

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1405
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Thu May 25 2017, 18:36
Think it will look good John & will look forward to seeing the results. Did you keep the red sweep second hand?
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Thu May 25 2017, 18:40
@daff62 wrote:Think it will look good John & will look forward to seeing the results. Did you keep the red sweep second hand?

Not just changing the bezel insert but changing the dial and hands as well . Very Happy

I am just not 100% happy with the sterile dial which is why I am changing everything
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1405
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Thu May 25 2017, 21:32
@SeikoJohn wrote:
@daff62 wrote:Think it will look good John & will look forward to seeing the results. Did you keep the red sweep second hand?

Not just changing the bezel insert but changing the dial and hands as well . Very Happy

I am just not 100% happy with the sterile dial which is why I am changing everything




I'm sure if I managed to swap a dial, hands etc I wouldn't change it again. Rolling Eyes

The reason simply being I would be too scared to push my luck doing it a second time. Shocked Embarassed
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Thu May 25 2017, 21:50
@daff62 wrote:
I'm sure if I managed to swap a dial, hands etc I wouldn't change it again.  Rolling Eyes

The reason simply being I would be too scared to push my luck doing it a second time. Shocked Embarassed

If I dont change it again then I know the watch would not get worn as much as it should . Plus I like a challenge Very Happy
avatar
Elwood
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 522
Join date : 2016-09-26
Location : South West England

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat May 27 2017, 07:48
@SeikoJohn wrote:
@daff62 wrote:Think it will look good John & will look forward to seeing the results. Did you keep the red sweep second hand?

Not just changing the bezel insert but changing the dial and hands as well . Very Happy

I am just not 100% happy with the sterile dial which is why I am changing everything

It's just my opinion though I love the sterile dial on this watch. It'll be goodnight to see how it looks with the silver and blue bezel insert
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat May 27 2017, 09:19
@Elwood wrote:

It's just my opinion though I love the sterile dial on this watch. It'll be goodnight to see how it looks with the silver and blue bezel insert

I have decided rather than buy the blue. Ezel insert and new dial to just buy the insert for now and change the hands . I am hoping that this simple alteration could change the appearance sufficient for my liking . If not I will then order a different dial.
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat Jun 03 2017, 11:14
Blue bezel Insert arrived



No I do not like the second hand so time to go see what hands I have . Update to follow
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2701
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat Jun 03 2017, 11:44
@SeikoJohn wrote:Blue bezel Insert arrived



No I do not like the second hand so time to go see what hands I have . Update to follow

thats a good fit and looks great as well, i dont like the second hand either Crying or Very sad
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat Jun 03 2017, 12:08
All done and I decided to go with a plain silver secondhand only because I did not really have a white one that suited it. I like it ...... for now anyway


_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2701
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat Jun 03 2017, 12:31
@SeikoJohn wrote:All done and I decided to go with a plain silver secondhand only because I did not really have a white one that suited it. I like it ...... for now anyway


IMO that would suit a seiko second hand

avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat Jun 03 2017, 12:46
@domecurb wrote:

IMO that would suit a seiko second hand


Do you have a link to those hands I may change all of them as I like the black outline
avatar
Robti
Posts : 268
Join date : 2017-04-19
Age : 54
Location : Hamilton

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat Jun 03 2017, 12:54
I think the red was missing a tail as for the seiko second hand I don't know if I would like the circle on the tail, perhaps just a plain white with a tail, but don't listen to me till I know what I am talking about
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2701
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat Jun 03 2017, 12:56
@SeikoJohn wrote:
@domecurb wrote:

IMO that would suit a seiko second hand


Do you have a link to those hands I may change all of them as I like the black outline

no link but i will send you one Wink
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat Jun 03 2017, 13:35
@domecurb wrote:
no link but i will send you one Wink

Thanks but I will have a look see if I can buy the full set rather than just the secondhand as I think all of them will go together well with the sterile dial Very Happy
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat Jun 03 2017, 13:38
@Robti wrote:I think the red was missing a tail as for the seiko second hand I don't know if I would like the circle on the tail, perhaps just a plain white with a tail, but don't listen to me till I know what I am talking about

Yup the red secondhand was too short and did not look right at all . I think the seiko one may look good as the circle on the tail will match the markers on the dial ..... or at least that is what I am hoping for Very Happy
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1405
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Sat Jun 03 2017, 13:52
@SeikoJohn wrote:
@domecurb wrote:
no link but i will send you one Wink

Thanks but I will have a look see if I can buy the full set rather than just the secondhand as I think all of them will go together well with the sterile dial Very Happy



I think the full set of the Seiko hands would work quite well.

I presume it's not possible to either dip or paint the latest second hand you have fitted with some luminous material?
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Tue Jun 20 2017, 11:47
look what arrived today in the post from Dagaz Watches



Looking forward to putting this to good use Very Happy Very Happy
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Tue Jun 20 2017, 13:03
I just could not wait to try out the new Dagaz dial here we have it







Do I leave the blue bezel insert on or do I change back to a black one ?? What do you think I should do
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2701
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Tue Jun 20 2017, 14:29
@SeikoJohn wrote:I just could not wait to try out the new Dagaz dial here we have it







Do I leave the blue bezel insert on or do I change back to a black one ?? What do you think I should do

IMHHO the blue is a clash with the black, but then i like black watches Very Happy
its a really nice dial and IMO one of the best they make
avatar
Robti
Posts : 268
Join date : 2017-04-19
Age : 54
Location : Hamilton

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Tue Jun 20 2017, 14:59
Nice outcome, can I ask a couple of questions, is it just the angle of the photos or doesn't the date window sit equally between the 4 & 5, also did you ever think about a black with white date ?
Thanks
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 2081
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 46
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Invicta appearance change

on Tue Jun 20 2017, 15:07
@Robti wrote:Nice outcome, can I ask a couple of questions, is it just the angle of the photos or doesn't the date window sit equally between the 4 & 5, also did you ever think about a black with white date ?
Thanks

Yes the date window is between the 4-5 and I never actually thought of a white dial ..... Why did you say that .... Now I will have to look at white dialled watches lol!
Sponsored content

Re: Invicta appearance change

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum