THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/

Latest topics

» From pulsar to omega homage
Sat Dec 15 2018, 23:15 by SeikoJohn

» Saturday 15 December 2018.
Sat Dec 15 2018, 12:06 by daff62

» Thursday 13 December 2018.
Thu Dec 13 2018, 08:48 by daff62

» Friday 7 November 2018.
Fri Dec 07 2018, 08:46 by daff62

» Polar explorer 2
Tue Dec 04 2018, 18:23 by Iceblue

» Monday 3rd December
Mon Dec 03 2018, 13:35 by Iceblue

» Saturday 1st December 2018.
Sat Dec 01 2018, 14:09 by SeikoJohn

» Friday 30 November 2018.
Fri Nov 30 2018, 22:02 by Robti

» Wednesday 28 November 2018.
Wed Nov 28 2018, 10:54 by SeikoJohn

Top posting users this month

December 2018

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates


visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+


Seiko 4633-8049

Share
avatar
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3113
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Seiko 4633-8049

Post by domecurb on Fri Dec 30 2016, 16:38

new arrival today a seiko 4633-8049, sold as a non runner, new battery fitted and its going well Very Happy
this dates from November 1976 and is surprisingly bulky for its era, dont get me wrong its not a big watch by todays standards, but at 38mm wide and 13 mm deep it is a good size IMO, this is the 4004 series and not that common, the dial is a beautiful iridescent dark blue and is in nice condition, it needs a new crystal which will cost about 80p Very Happy the case is un-dented and will take a refinish with out too much work
so all in all better than i expected Very Happy

avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin

Posts : 2562
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 47
Location : Middlesbrough

Re: Seiko 4633-8049

Post by SeikoJohn on Fri Dec 30 2016, 17:11

80p crystal and a battery change and you have yourself an almost new looking watch well done . I really like the black/blue dial


_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3113
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Re: Seiko 4633-8049

Post by domecurb on Fri Dec 30 2016, 17:33

@SeikoJohn wrote:80p crystal and a battery change and you have yourself an almost new looking watch well done . I really like the black/blue dial

it fits in with the watches that interest me....early quartz .70's/80's i probably wont wear it but like it for the quality
you wont find many modern quartz built like this unless you are up in the high hundreds of pounds


this isnt mine and the circuit is missing from the image.........these come with a trimmer on the circuit so its possible to get them running within a couple of seconds a week
avatar
Iceblue
Admin

Posts : 1125
Join date : 2016-10-19
Age : 43
Location : Bedfordshire

Re: Seiko 4633-8049

Post by Iceblue on Fri Dec 30 2016, 17:43

Very nice Bruce and isn't it great when it's only. Battery to get it running again I have a Seiko incoming soon a older sq Quartz unsure of model I tool a gamble
avatar
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3113
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Re: Seiko 4633-8049

Post by domecurb on Fri Dec 30 2016, 17:51

@Iceblue wrote:Very nice Bruce and isn't it great when it's only. Battery to get it running again I have a Seiko incoming soon  a older sq Quartz unsure of model I tool a gamble

good luck and if you needs bits let me know, i have one or two Wink but you are right about watches just needing batteries, i think about 90% i buy are not running for this reason, its amazing these days how many people dont know about watches needing batteries and on the flip side people who dont know some watches need wound scratch
avatar
Iceblue
Admin

Posts : 1125
Join date : 2016-10-19
Age : 43
Location : Bedfordshire

Re: Seiko 4633-8049

Post by Iceblue on Fri Dec 30 2016, 17:57

@domecurb wrote:
@Iceblue wrote:Very nice Bruce and isn't it great when it's only. Battery to get it running again I have a Seiko incoming soon  a older sq Quartz unsure of model I tool a gamble

good luck and if you needs bits let me know, i have one or two Wink but you are right about watches just needing batteries, i think about 90%  i buy are not running for this reason, its amazing these days how many people dont know about watches needing batteries and on the flip side people who dont know some watches need wound scratch

This is the pic of the one I bought but I think it comes down to the waste  society we live in if it doesn't work get rid chuck it , but no no no repair it sell it to us people's lol
avatar
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3113
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Re: Seiko 4633-8049

Post by domecurb on Fri Dec 30 2016, 18:00

@Iceblue wrote:
@domecurb wrote:
@Iceblue wrote:Very nice Bruce and isn't it great when it's only. Battery to get it running again I have a Seiko incoming soon  a older sq Quartz unsure of model I tool a gamble

good luck and if you needs bits let me know, i have one or two Wink but you are right about watches just needing batteries, i think about 90%  i buy are not running for this reason, its amazing these days how many people dont know about watches needing batteries and on the flip side people who dont know some watches need wound scratch

This is the pic of the one I bought but I think it comes down to the waste  society we live in if it doesn't work get rid chuck it , but no no no repair it sell it to us people's lol

they are as tough as old boots and can usualy survive a battery leak although would need a full service to get going again, well worth saving IMO
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER

Posts : 1745
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: Seiko 4633-8049

Post by daff62 on Fri Dec 30 2016, 18:24

Well done finding another good buy & great that a fresh battery has brought it back to life .

If it came with that instruction manual that would be an extra bonus. They rarely seem to survive over the years. Very Happy
avatar
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3113
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Re: Seiko 4633-8049

Post by domecurb on Fri Dec 30 2016, 18:31

@daff62 wrote:Well done finding another good buy & great that a fresh battery has brought it back to life .

If it came with that instruction manual that would be an extra bonus. They rarely seem to survive over the years. Very Happy

yes it came with the correct manual which is unusual

Sponsored content

Re: Seiko 4633-8049

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Mon Dec 17 2018, 02:16