THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM
PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
35 Posts - 26%
34 Posts - 25%
30 Posts - 22%
16 Posts - 12%
14 Posts - 10%
5 Posts - 4%
3 Posts - 2%
February 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Go down
domecurb
Admin
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Citizen C330 promaster

on Thu 29 Dec 2016 - 12:10
well my C330 Promaster bought from eBay arrived this morning
its amazing how deceptive eBay images can be
this to me looks like a good clean watch

the reality is unfortunately very different Crying or Very sad
its a stinking, filthy, wrist cheese covered mess

if you look closely between the lug there is even a feather so i assume the watch spent the last 20 years strapped to an Ostrich leg Mad
the bezel is full of gunk as are the bracelet links

three of the 4 pushers are jammed solid which i suppose is not surprising
the crystal is scratched badly and to top it all off some pillock has tried to re-lume the dial and by the looks of things blind folded using a fencepost

i am in half a mind to claim a refund for it, but it can be saved and it really just needs a new crystal, the new lume removed and a clean in sulphuric acid  Razz  seriously though a ultra sonic cleaner will suffice
i just p's me off that someone would knowingly sell a watch like that, i couldnt  Mad  its embarrassing

i guess the moral of the story is: you cant win them all
SeikoJohn
Admin

Re: Citizen C330 promaster

on Thu 29 Dec 2016 - 12:18
you wouldnt think it was the same watch that is in the first photo. I look forward to see how it looks after the ultra sonic clean .. please take a photo of the water after you have finished as well really curious as to how gunky the water will be.

Admin

on Thu 29 Dec 2016 - 12:23
@SeikoJohn wrote:you wouldnt think it was the same watch that is in the first photo. I look forward to see how it looks after the ultra sonic clean .. please take a photo of the water after you have finished as well really curious as to how gunky the water will be.

you mean "wrist cheese soup " mmmmmmm yummy

affraid
Elwood

on Thu 29 Dec 2016 - 16:28
Bruce, I have a feeling you'll have it looking good in no time, you'll have to show the pictures once it's done.
domecurb
Admin

on Thu 29 Dec 2016 - 16:33
@Elwood wrote:Bruce, I have a feeling you'll have it looking good in no time, you'll have to show the pictures once it's done.

it will take a while until its done as i have so many to do first Shocked
daff62

on Thu 29 Dec 2016 - 18:03
Disappointing but if all the negatives can be remedied it would transform the watch. Very Happy

A polite request to the seller for a partial refund given the varies issues may be worth considering / trying.
domecurb
Admin

on Thu 29 Dec 2016 - 18:05
@daff62 wrote:Disappointing but if all the negatives can be remedied it would transform the watch.   Very Happy

A polite request to the seller for a partial refund given the varies issues may be worth considering / trying.

i can sort it, thats not an issue i thought it would just need a clean and a polish though, but to be fair how many people would know a bad watch from a good one, i suspect he bought it and it wouldnt work right because of the stuck pushers
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum