THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/

Latest topics

» Anyone Around!
photobucket EmptySun Dec 27 2020, 15:54 by Robti

» sub £50 screwdriver set
photobucket EmptySun Jun 21 2020, 12:11 by Robti

» Anyone bought anything during lockdown
photobucket EmptyThu May 14 2020, 07:27 by Iceblue

» How is everybody
photobucket EmptyWed Apr 01 2020, 15:35 by Robti

» 2020 future watch collection
photobucket EmptyWed Jan 01 2020, 09:21 by Iceblue

» 31st December 2019
photobucket EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:41 by Iceblue

» Happy new year too you all
photobucket EmptyTue Dec 31 2019, 20:29 by Iceblue

» Merry Christmas
photobucket EmptyWed Dec 25 2019, 21:47 by Robti

» 13th November 2019
photobucket EmptyWed Nov 13 2019, 17:54 by Iceblue

Top posting users this month

No user

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

5 posters

photobucket

domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

photobucket Empty photobucket

Post by domecurb Fri Nov 04 2016, 13:31

i see photobucket is down, i do hope its not permanent.........i have hundreds of images with them:shock:
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

photobucket Empty Re: photobucket

Post by SeikoJohn Fri Nov 04 2016, 15:18

Its down quote a lot recently think I may need to find another site, I have a flickr account but dont really know how to use it lol!
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Fri Nov 04 2016, 17:49

photobucket is down for maintenance, but tinypics is down with no explanation and postimage looks like its about to die too, they have all my photos Crying or Very sad
    daff62
    daff62

Post by daff62 Fri Nov 04 2016, 19:37

I have a Flickr account though copying the url into the forum doesn't work. Sad

So am reliant on Photobucket. Hopefully the "maintenance" is going to get it back up and running soon.Rolling Eyes

domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Fri Nov 04 2016, 22:14

just joined flickr and it works fine, make sure your photo is full size within flickr then right click and copy image address to here as usual photobucket 3377044411

photobucket 30479632440_c675df981c_b
    daff62
    daff62

Post by daff62 Fri Nov 04 2016, 22:45

domecurb wrote:just joined flickr and it works fine, make sure your photo is full size within flickr then right click and copy image address to here as usual photobucket 3377044411

photobucket 30479632440_c675df981c_b

I'm using the Flickr app on an iPad. I can upload the image to Flickr, then selecting the icon that looks like a curved arrow gives a number of options. One of them is to copy URL link, I then use the "add" button on the forum and paste in the url. When I preview the post its just text and no image.

I've tried this method on other sites, in emails etc etc and it works but just not here. It will probably just be me doing something daft so I will perservere. Very Happy
    Elwood
    Elwood

Post by Elwood Sat Nov 05 2016, 19:39

I find Flickr, especially with its 1tb of free memory is great for backing up photos. Everything from my PC, laptop, IPod, mobile and wife's mobile gets backed up on Flickr. I use photobucket just for posting images online. I find Flickr a bit more reliable though photo bucket is easier to use for posting images online in my opinion.
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Sat Nov 05 2016, 19:43

Elwood wrote:I find Flickr, especially with its 1tb of free memory is great for backing up photos. Everything from my PC, laptop, IPod, mobile and wife's mobile gets backed up on Flickr. I use photobucket just for posting images online. I find Flickr a bit more reliable though photo bucket is easier to use for posting images online in my opinion.

blimey.......didnt know you get 1TB with flickr Shocked
    thats a lot of photo storage
    daff62
    daff62

Post by daff62 Sat Nov 05 2016, 21:04

domecurb wrote:
    Elwood wrote:I find Flickr, especially with its 1tb of free memory is great for backing up photos. Everything from my PC, laptop, IPod, mobile and wife's mobile gets backed up on Flickr. I use photobucket just for posting images online. I find Flickr a bit more reliable though photo bucket is easier to use for posting images online in my opinion.

blimey.......didnt know you get 1TB with flickr Shocked
    thats a lot of photo storage

Hadn't known that either. Shocked

I had thought sites like Photobucket, Flickr etc were purely to enable you to post images online. I hadn't thought of them for storage / back up.

I keep getting messages on the iPad that my iCloud storage space isn't sufficient to back it up. I believe more space can be bought but haven't done so as yet. It sounds like it will be worthwhile checking out Flickr to back up the images. Very Happy

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02 2016, 21:31

One of the reasons I started puting a copyright note on all my pics is that PB, Flickr etc are collection points for  any member of the public to access and use your pictures for their own intent without your permission. I found this out when looking at Google images for Mickey Mouse watches, and to my amazement, there were my pictures, for everyone to see. (Google own PB....but that's no excuse to rip other peoples pics off) Now I'm not the sort of person to immediately seek retribution because my pics have been copied, but I would like to be asked first. In most cases I would probably agree, but to just assume that you can use one of my pics....that I might have spent a long time considering and composing....for free, annoys me. Hence the copyright notice. Anyone is entitiled to put the copyright symbol on their produce...it shows that they are aware that they have copyright (Which you automatically do if you produce something yourself), and should warn other users that they should seek permission before copying. You only need to register for copyright if someone actually uses your picture for their own ends to make money from it, and you want to persue it.

I don't know if Flickr have amended their 'use' regulations, but when I last looked at the small print (when PB were seriously P'ing me off) their small print stated that they were not a hosting site for other forums, and anyone found doing so would have their pics deleted and their account cancelled. It appears that Flickr is a forum of its own, and the pics deposited there are only for use by users of the Flickr forum. Might be worth checking out.
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Fri Dec 02 2016, 21:45

Roger the Dodger wrote:One of the reasons I started puting a copyright note on all my pics is that PB, Flickr etc are collection points for  any member of the public to access and use your pictures for their own intent without your permission. I found this out when looking at Google images for Mickey Mouse watches, and to my amazement, there were my pictures, for everyone to see. (Google own PB....but that's no excuse to rip other peoples pics off) Now I'm not the sort of person to immediately seek retribution because my pics have been copied, but I would like to be asked first. In most cases I would probably agree, but to just assume that you can use one of my pics....that I might have spent a long time considering and composing....for free, annoys me. Hence the copyright notice. Anyone is entitiled to put the copyright symbol on their produce...it shows that they are aware that they have copyright (Which you automatically do if you produce something yourself), and should warn other users that they should seek permission before copying. You only need to register for copyright if someone actually uses your picture for their own ends to make money from it, and you want to persue it.

I don't know if Flickr have amended their 'use' regulations, but when I last looked at the small print (when PB were seriously P'ing me off) their small print stated that they were not a hosting site for other forums, and anyone found doing so would have their pics deleted and their account cancelled. It appears that Flickr is a forum of its own, and the pics deposited there are only for use by users of the Flickr forum. Might be worth checking out.

damn i should have copyrighted my Bum ........its all over the net affraid

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02 2016, 22:02

C'mon Brucie.....Gi'us a look! Very Happy
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Fri Dec 02 2016, 22:15

Roger the Dodger wrote:C'mon Brucie.....Gi'us a look! Very Happy

here he is........he is everywhere...poor bum....my uncle Sad

photobucket Bam

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02 2016, 22:41

Boody hell.....Bruce...you're such a tease! Smile
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Fri Dec 02 2016, 22:43

Roger the Dodger wrote:Boody hell.....Bruce...you're such a tease! Smile

well ..if you are a bum and leg man ...........
    SeikoJohn
    SeikoJohn
    Admin

Post by SeikoJohn Fri Dec 02 2016, 22:49

I'm a leg man here are my latest ones Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

photobucket Image.jpeg.0ca0b54db4dae1e8e67b99a648968aea
    domecurb
    domecurb
    Admin

Post by domecurb Fri Dec 02 2016, 23:01

SeikoJohn wrote:I'm a leg man here are my latest ones  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

photobucket Image.jpeg.0ca0b54db4dae1e8e67b99a648968aea

i am a boob man..............PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont tell me you have a pair of them too affraid
    Elwood
    Elwood

Post by Elwood Sat Dec 03 2016, 08:50

Roger the Dodger wrote:One of the reasons I started puting a copyright note on all my pics is that PB, Flickr etc are collection points for  any member of the public to access and use your pictures for their own intent without your permission. I found this out when looking at Google images for Mickey Mouse watches, and to my amazement, there were my pictures, for everyone to see. (Google own PB....but that's no excuse to rip other peoples pics off) Now I'm not the sort of person to immediately seek retribution because my pics have been copied, but I would like to be asked first. In most cases I would probably agree, but to just assume that you can use one of my pics....that I might have spent a long time considering and composing....for free, annoys me. Hence the copyright notice. Anyone is entitiled to put the copyright symbol on their produce...it shows that they are aware that they have copyright (Which you automatically do if you produce something yourself), and should warn other users that they should seek permission before copying. You only need to register for copyright if someone actually uses your picture for their own ends to make money from it, and you want to persue it.

My tip is use Flickr to back up photos from all your devices as the storage is so large. The default privacy setting for backed up photos is private which means neither, friends, family or the public can see of access the photos. This will mean you have no issues in terms of copyright infringements. You can also change your Flickr settings so you are not found in any searches. This can be handy but all honesty makes not difference to me seeing as my photos are private anyway and are not display.
    I find that PB is much better for hosting photos for forums, which is handy if you're not meant to on Flickr. Additionally, I tend to only post a hand full of pictures on forums so the smaller memory on PB doesn't present an issue for what I use it for (hosting pictures for forums)
    Elwood
    Elwood

Post by Elwood Sun Dec 04 2016, 13:02

A quick question for any other photo bucket users. Recently it is almost never working on my ipad, seems fine on my android phone, anyone else having this problem
    Iceblue
    Iceblue
    Admin

Post by Iceblue Sun Dec 04 2016, 13:07

I am on a iPad and it's a little hit and miss to be fair

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 04:42