THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/

Latest topics

» 13th November 2019
  OCD is now under control EmptyWed Nov 13 2019, 17:54 by Iceblue

» Saturday 19th October
  OCD is now under control EmptySat Oct 19 2019, 12:24 by Robti

»  OCD is now under control
  OCD is now under control EmptyWed Oct 16 2019, 13:52 by domecurb

» Seiko on sale at John Lewis should I buy
  OCD is now under control EmptyWed Oct 16 2019, 11:25 by domecurb

» Wednesday 16th October
  OCD is now under control EmptyWed Oct 16 2019, 11:15 by domecurb

» DITA, all eyes on the time
  OCD is now under control EmptyTue Oct 15 2019, 14:16 by domecurb

» Tuesday 15th October
  OCD is now under control EmptyTue Oct 15 2019, 12:50 by Robti

» One watch to two watches breitling emergency mission A73322
  OCD is now under control EmptyFri Oct 04 2019, 18:48 by domecurb

» IF HEINEKEN MADE: ..............
  OCD is now under control EmptyFri Oct 04 2019, 18:39 by Iceblue

Top posting users this month

November 2019

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

OCD is now under control

domecurb
domecurb
Admin

OCD is now under control Empty OCD is now under control

Post by domecurb on Tue Oct 15 2019, 14:39

VICTORINOX  I.N.O.X i bought this watch a couple of years back and it realy is a stunner, i have always compared it to the Longines Hydroconquest, the quarts one and they both use the same good quality ETA Quartz movement, its also a bit chunkier than the Longines so that is a plus for me.
Not long after i bought it i bashed the bezel affraid  and my OCD kicked in to the point i couldn't wear the watch Crying or Very sad  i spent months trying to buy a new bezel, Victorinox wouldn't even answer my pleading email Sad  but i finally found one for sale from a Norwegian seller cheers  it arrived and its NOS as described, i put it to one side then forgot about it until this morning Rolling Eyes
Sooo 30 mins later and IMO one of the nicest Dress Divers is back to its former glory and is glued to my wrist Very Happy

the bezel, i know it looks like trivial damage but to me it was the end of the world Rolling Eyes
i should add that normally i would re brush and polish this type of damage, but unfortunately a lathe and a angled jig would be required as its so finely done

OCD is now under control Img_2168

Looking good IMO, the lugs on this watch are an unusual 21mm wide, but i discovered a 22mm Mesh fits perfectly and fill the lugs just right'
  OCD is now under control Img_2169

dial detail is very very good

OCD is now under control Img_2170

well i like it anyway  Razz

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns

The fact there's a highway to hell and only a stairway to heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers..
SeikoJohn
SeikoJohn
Admin

OCD is now under control Empty Re: OCD is now under control

Post by SeikoJohn on Wed Oct 16 2019, 13:27

Looking at the middle photo it looks as though their is no crystal , it really is crystal clear .

A cracking looking watch , I can see how the damage to bezel would kick your OCD off though , you should have bought this and really protected the watch

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Victorinox-INOX-Bumper-Black/303268644312?hash=item469c3845d8:g:mgAAAOSwNCRdZ~Ng

Admin

Post by domecurb on Wed Oct 16 2019, 13:52

@SeikoJohn wrote:Looking at the middle photo it looks as though their is no crystal , it really is crystal clear .

A cracking looking watch , I can see how the damage to bezel would kick your OCD off though , you should have bought this and really protected the watch

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Victorinox-INOX-Bumper-Black/303268644312?hash=item469c3845d8:g:mgAAAOSwNCRdZ~Ng

the crystal is sapphire with triple coated AR and i have the bezel protector, they come with the watch as standard, i would probably use it if i was going fishing or similar but shouldnt really need it for day to day although i clearly do Sad

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns

The fact there's a highway to hell and only a stairway to heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Nov 21 2019, 18:12