THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM
PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
Latest topics
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
82 Posts - 27%
76 Posts - 25%
40 Posts - 13%
36 Posts - 12%
24 Posts - 8%
22 Posts - 7%
20 Posts - 7%
1 Post - 0%
October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

View previous topicGo downView next topic
domecurb
Admin
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Fila Magellano

on Fri Oct 28 2016, 16:57
the Fila Magellano is a bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing in that its basicly a breitling Jupiter Pilot, the dial layout [ forgetting the colours] handset, chapter ring and bezel are the same, the real clincher though is the movement, it runs a 12 jewel Miyota 3S10 movement....the Breitling designation is B233

heres the Fila

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and the Breitling

Miyota 3S10

Breitling B233

what gets me is the Swiss watch industry has almost demonised the Japanese watch industry over the decades, in fact from the late 60's onward various swiss makers have not only used Japanese movements, but also their designs and technology.
i recently owned a Zenith time command:

a cracking 70's watch from a cracking maker, everything marked Swiss until you get into the guts..........one of the circuit Modules is marked "Made In Korea" affraid  Smile
there is one Modern well known Swiss brand producing a range of watches with a Seiko designed movement Shocked  i will let you google who that is Very Happy
so the next time you look at your Swiss watch...you may actually be looking at a Japanese one
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum