THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/

1 MORE MEMBER AND WE HAVE A COMPETITION !!!!

Latest topics

» Thursday 25 April 2019.
How to spend an Amazon voucher EmptyYesterday at 15:06 by SeikoJohn

» Wednesday 24 April 2019.
How to spend an Amazon voucher EmptyWed Apr 24 2019, 11:59 by daff62

» Saturday 20 April 2019.
How to spend an Amazon voucher EmptySat Apr 20 2019, 08:52 by daff62

» Friday 19 April 2019.
How to spend an Amazon voucher EmptyFri Apr 19 2019, 11:42 by daff62

» A Brucey gamble
How to spend an Amazon voucher EmptyWed Apr 17 2019, 21:18 by Iceblue

» Tuesday 16 April 2019.
How to spend an Amazon voucher EmptyTue Apr 16 2019, 18:04 by domecurb

» Sunday 14 April 2019.
How to spend an Amazon voucher EmptySun Apr 14 2019, 12:05 by daff62

» SEIKO 7T34-6A00 PILOTS CHRONOGRAPH SPORTS 150
How to spend an Amazon voucher EmptySat Apr 13 2019, 23:21 by domecurb

» Saturday 13 April 2019.
How to spend an Amazon voucher EmptySat Apr 13 2019, 15:23 by domecurb

Top posting users this month

April 2019

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

How to spend an Amazon voucher

Elwood
Elwood

How to spend an Amazon voucher Empty How to spend an Amazon voucher

Post by Elwood on Tue Mar 19 2019, 23:01

My kind sister and brother in law bought me a £20 Amazon gift voucher at Christmas which I was going to spend on something boring for the house but after a bout of indecision and procrastination I used the voucher in complete haste and bought a watch carry case for £11.30 I didn't really look closely at the item when I bought and thought it held 3 watches but it actually carries 8 which is a bonus. I normally wear a watch for a week or two and change it for something random that I've not worn for a while. Now I have a case I decided to select 9 watches which I'll wear regularly for a bit. If you're wondering why 9, it's because I'll have one on my wrist too.

How to spend an Amazon voucher Img_2018

How to spend an Amazon voucher Img_2019

Seiko 6309 7290,  Seiko Bellmatic 4006 6031, Seiko SNZ FFF mod, and Citizen Skyhawk

How to spend an Amazon voucher Img_2020
Vostok Europe N1 Rocket watch, Aragon DM Evo, Seiko Mini Monster mod and a Vostok Amphibia

Believe it or not I didn't actually a dive watch until quite recently! That's what happens when you look at watches on forums I guess...

Last edited by Elwood on Thu Mar 21 2019, 12:50; edited 1 time in total
SeikoJohn
SeikoJohn
Admin

How to spend an Amazon voucher Empty Re: How to spend an Amazon voucher

Post by SeikoJohn on Wed Mar 20 2019, 01:02

Impressive collection you have some really great watches in there. How to spend an Amazon voucher 3377044411

The watch case is very smart and an absolute bargain at £11.30 , me thinks a trip to Amazon may be on the cards for me .

Admin

Post by Iceblue on Wed Mar 20 2019, 06:39

Lovely case look ideal for you collection and well made for the money's , the fff and the bellamatic look lovely too
Elwood
Elwood

Post by Elwood on Wed Mar 20 2019, 06:51

Cheers guys. I wasn't trying to be an advert for Amazon but if you're interested, they are currently £11.99 though when you put the item in you're basket their is a 5% discount you can apply. It's free delivery if you're a prime member. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079DPK7XF?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Sent from Topic'it App
daff62
daff62

Post by daff62 on Wed Mar 20 2019, 09:11

That’s a very smart case and great value for the price so you’ve made good use of the gift voucher. :thumbs up

Well done as well for having so many lovely watches to put in it. Very Happy

Elwood
Elwood

Post by Elwood on Wed Mar 20 2019, 10:55

Thanks for the nice comments about the watches. I think Domecurb and Seiko John's influence has rubbed off on me! The case itself is better than expected for the price. Appearance wise it looks fine, probably not my ideal colour but to handle the product, if feels relatively well made. For the cost, I'm sure if I was spending bucks the finish might be better, faux leather might be real leather and the stitching might stand up better to closer examination but I'm happy with the product for the price. The only bit I'm going to keep an eye on is the zip because that doesn't feel too strong.

Sent from Topic'it App
domecurb
domecurb
Admin

Post by domecurb on Wed Mar 20 2019, 11:31

@Elwood wrote:Thanks for the nice comments about the watches. I think Domecurb and Seiko John's influence has rubbed off on me! The case itself is better than expected for the price. Appearance wise it looks fine, probably not my ideal colour but to handle the product, if feels relatively well made. For the cost, I'm sure if I was spending bucks the finish might be better, faux leather might be real leather and the stitching might stand up better to closer examination but I'm happy with the product for the price. The only bit I'm going to keep an eye on is the zip because that doesn't feel too strong.

Sent from Topic'it App

not my fault..honest Shocked i have consulted a lawyer and they agree that i have zero culpability in your watch buying habits Shocked BUT........Seikojohn....now thats a different matter, got to watch him like a hawk, he will have you buying watches right left and center lol!

nice watch case though, i may be tempted Very Happy

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns

The fact there's a highway to hell and only a stairway to heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers..
SeikoJohn
SeikoJohn
Admin

Post by SeikoJohn on Wed Mar 20 2019, 11:49

Hang on a minute how come I get the blame for all this scratch

Post by daff62 on Wed Mar 20 2019, 11:52

Don’t worry Seikojohn, I definitely think any responsibility here is split equally between you and domecurb. lol!

SeikoJohn
SeikoJohn
Admin

Post by SeikoJohn on Wed Mar 20 2019, 11:55

I will accept 25% of the blame the other 75% is definitely domecurb based on my theory that he has more diver style watches than me Very Happy

Admin

Post by domecurb on Wed Mar 20 2019, 11:56

@SeikoJohn wrote:I will accept 25% of the blame the other 75% is definitely domecurb based on my theory that he has more diver style watches than me Very Happy

sorry but i only wear gold watches Very Happy

The fact there's a highway to hell and only a stairway to heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers..
Elwood
Elwood

Post by Elwood on Wed Mar 20 2019, 12:56

No John, you're definitely 50% to blame! Must admit I quite fancy that Citizen Moon phase watch Bruce had got. Maybe I'll get one after the I've bought all the other watches I fancy after being on this forum, ie Phoibus, Tauchmeister, Victorinox, Invicta, Deep Blue, Rolex Explorer, Omegas, Aragon to name a few. What have you lot got me into! If only I had the funds....That reminds me, must put the family for sale on ebay!

Sent from Topic'it App
domecurb
domecurb
Admin

Post by domecurb on Wed Mar 20 2019, 13:01

@Elwood wrote:No John, you're definitely 50% to blame! Must admit I quite fancy that Citizen Moon phase watch Bruce had got. Maybe I'll get one after the I've bought all the other watches I fancy after being on this forum, ie Phoibus, Tauchmeister, Victorinox, Invicta, Deep Blue, Rolex Explorer, Omegas, Aragon to name a few. What have you lot got me into! If only I had the funds....That reminds me, must put the family for sale on ebay!

Sent from Topic'it App

you can get good money for a single Kidney in India..just saying Rolling Eyes

SeikoJohn
SeikoJohn
Admin

Post by SeikoJohn on Wed Mar 20 2019, 13:14

@Elwood wrote:No John, you're definitely 50% to blame!
Sent from Topic'it App

Hopefully if all goes to plan and I win the watch I have my eye on I shall be able to add another to my collection .... I think you may like it  Twisted Evil

Post by Elwood on Wed Mar 20 2019, 13:15

You've sparked my interest already

Sent from Topic'it App
domecurb
domecurb
Admin

Post by domecurb on Wed Mar 20 2019, 14:14

@SeikoJohn wrote:
@Elwood wrote:No John, you're definitely 50% to blame!
Sent from Topic'it App

Hopefully if all goes to plan and I win the watch I have my eye on I shall be able to add another to my collection .... I think you may like it  Twisted Evil

if i dont out bid you affraid lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

SeikoJohn
SeikoJohn
Admin

Post by SeikoJohn on Wed Mar 20 2019, 14:19

@domecurb wrote:
if i dont out bid you affraid lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

You are a cruel cruel man lol!

Admin

Post by SeikoJohn on Wed Mar 20 2019, 20:52

@Elwood wrote:You've sparked my interest already

Sent from Topic'it App

I can now show the watch seeing as I just won it  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

How to spend an Amazon voucher S-l1600

Citizen BN0191-55L Promaster Eco Drive , The auction has stated this as a non runner but I am hoping that some time in the sun could possibly bring it back to life but failing that a new capacitor should do the trick  Very Happy

Post by Elwood on Wed Mar 20 2019, 20:55

Class watch John. Citizens don't get the credit they deserve. I regularly leave eco drive in a draw months at a time and it's always fine, sturdy watches.

Sent from Topic'it App
domecurb
domecurb
Admin

Post by domecurb on Wed Mar 20 2019, 22:43

@SeikoJohn wrote:
@Elwood wrote:You've sparked my interest already

Sent from Topic'it App

I can now show the watch seeing as I just won it  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

How to spend an Amazon voucher S-l1600

Citizen BN0191-55L Promaster Eco Drive , The auction has stated this as a non runner but I am hoping that some time in the sun could possibly bring it back to life but failing that a new capacitor should do the trick  Very Happy

well done and a good price too, new cell and its still a bargain cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2019, 06:55