THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/


1 MORE MEMBER AND WE HAVE A COMPETITION !!!!

Latest topics

» Monday 17 June 2019.
Timeline EmptyToday at 12:01 by daff62

» Thursday 13 June 2019.
Timeline EmptyThu Jun 13 2019, 11:40 by daff62

» Tuesday 11th june
Timeline EmptyThu Jun 13 2019, 09:35 by Iceblue

» Return of the Squiggle
Timeline EmptyTue Jun 11 2019, 09:18 by Iceblue

» A couple of mods
Timeline EmptySun Jun 09 2019, 12:24 by SeikoJohn

» Sunday 9 June 2019.
Timeline EmptySun Jun 09 2019, 12:23 by daff62

» Saturday 8 June 2019.
Timeline EmptySat Jun 08 2019, 08:50 by SeikoJohn

» Thursday 6 June 2019.
Timeline EmptyFri Jun 07 2019, 21:41 by domecurb

» Magnetic bracelets
Timeline EmptyFri Jun 07 2019, 16:58 by SeikoJohn

Top posting users this month

June 2019

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates


visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+


Timeline

domecurb
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3236
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Timeline Empty Timeline

Post by domecurb on Thu May 10 2018, 17:07

Timeline
1000ft/300m WR
Swiss Ronda quartz Movement
screw down crown
Helium escape valve
47mm wide including the crown

Timeline Img_2126

Timeline Img_2127


_________________
"treat others how you would like to be treated yourself and you wont go far wrong" - Me Wink

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns

The fact there's a highway to hell and only a stairway to heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers..
Iceblue
Iceblue
Admin

Posts : 1223
Join date : 2016-10-19
Age : 44
Location : Bedfordshire

Timeline Empty Re: Timeline

Post by Iceblue on Fri May 11 2018, 07:03

I havnt come across timeline before but looks to be a nice watch Very Happy
daff62
daff62
FULL MEMBER

Posts : 1882
Join date : 2016-09-26

Timeline Empty Re: Timeline

Post by daff62 on Fri May 11 2018, 12:17

Another impressive looking watch to add to your collection. I do like the large numerals on the dial and the hands which are easy on the eye for checking the time. Timeline 3377044411

When it says it has 1000 foot WR does that mean each watch will have been pressure tested to make sure it complies with that specification? I’m just curious as for the majority of people it’s unlikely it would ever be needed and therore it isnt put to the test by the wearer.
domecurb
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3236
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Timeline Empty Re: Timeline

Post by domecurb on Fri May 11 2018, 12:39

@daff62 wrote:Another impressive looking watch to add to your collection. I do like the large numerals on the dial and the hands which are easy on the eye for checking the time. Timeline 3377044411

When it says it has 1000 foot WR does that mean each watch will have been pressure tested to make sure it complies with that specification? I’m just curious as for the majority of people it’s unlikely it would ever be needed and therore it isnt put to the test by the wearer.

i know some makers test every watch for WR, but i dont know with this maker, its more likely they test an amount out of each batch to keep an eye on QC although 99% will probably never see water Very Happy


_________________
"treat others how you would like to be treated yourself and you wont go far wrong" - Me Wink

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns

The fact there's a highway to hell and only a stairway to heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers..
daff62
daff62
FULL MEMBER

Posts : 1882
Join date : 2016-09-26

Timeline Empty Re: Timeline

Post by daff62 on Fri May 11 2018, 17:11

@domecurb wrote:
@daff62 wrote:Another impressive looking watch to add to your collection. I do like the large numerals on the dial and the hands which are easy on the eye for checking the time. Timeline 3377044411

When it says it has 1000 foot WR does that mean each watch will have been pressure tested to make sure it complies with that specification? I’m just curious as for the majority of people it’s unlikely it would ever be needed and therore it isnt put to the test by the wearer.

i know some makers test every watch for WR, but i dont know with this maker, its more likely they test an amount out of each batch to keep an eye on QC although 99% will probably never see water Very Happy



That would make sense and given that spec is printed on the dial there would have to be some form of checking to ensure compliance. It’s not something that could be verified by most users though no doubt some watchmakers would have the equipment to pressure test it if required. Very Happy
domecurb
domecurb
Admin

Posts : 3236
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland

Timeline Empty Re: Timeline

Post by domecurb on Fri May 11 2018, 17:34

@daff62 wrote:
@domecurb wrote:
@daff62 wrote:Another impressive looking watch to add to your collection. I do like the large numerals on the dial and the hands which are easy on the eye for checking the time. Timeline 3377044411

When it says it has 1000 foot WR does that mean each watch will have been pressure tested to make sure it complies with that specification? I’m just curious as for the majority of people it’s unlikely it would ever be needed and therore it isnt put to the test by the wearer.

i know some makers test every watch for WR, but i dont know with this maker, its more likely they test an amount out of each batch to keep an eye on QC although 99% will probably never see water Very Happy



That would make sense and given that spec is printed on the dial there would have to be some form of checking to ensure compliance. It’s not something that could be verified by most users though no doubt some watchmakers would have the equipment to pressure test it if required.   Very Happy

i have a friend with the equipment for testing WR and i got him to test a cheap diver with 200m WR years ago just to see what it would really take and the seals held to just under 500m..nearly 300m over spec, i think it was an old pulsar, i think a lot of so called divers watches are built to a known spec without testing as they work on paper, but i would imagine the likes of Seiko test every watch as anything they make 200m and over are classed as ISO spec


_________________
"treat others how you would like to be treated yourself and you wont go far wrong" - Me Wink

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns

The fact there's a highway to hell and only a stairway to heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers..

Sponsored content

Timeline Empty Re: Timeline

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Mon Jun 17 2019, 12:25