THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM

The meeting place for watch and clock enthusiasts also @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thewatchandclockforum/

Latest topics

» Saturday 17 November 2018.
Today at 13:03 by Iceblue

» Friday 16 November 2018.
Yesterday at 20:51 by Iceblue

» Tuesday 13 November 2018.
Tue Nov 13 2018, 14:42 by Robti

» Monday 12th November
Mon Nov 12 2018, 19:30 by Iceblue

» Sunday 11th
Sun Nov 11 2018, 17:59 by Iceblue

» NH36 movement
Sun Nov 11 2018, 10:27 by Elwood

» Saturday 10 November 2018.
Sat Nov 10 2018, 12:54 by Iceblue

» Friday 9th November
Fri Nov 09 2018, 18:19 by Robti

» Seiko FFF
Fri Nov 09 2018, 12:49 by domecurb

Top posting users this month

November 2018

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1

Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Seiko SLD005p 7K52-6A10

domecurb
Admin

Seiko SLD005p 7K52-6A10

Post by domecurb on Sat Jan 06 2018, 20:33

Seiko SLD005p 7K52-6A10

i first saw this watch in a magazine on a flight  back from Gran Canaria  about 20 years ago and decided i had to have one, but no matter where i tried they were all sold out, i dont think they were made in great numbers and were only made for a couple of years, i even contacted a dealer in Japan who told my all had been allocated to dealers around the world and said there were only 2000 worldwide anyway [ dont know how true that is ]
then just over a week ago one popped up on eBay at what i consider to be a ridiculously low price for what is in essence a NOS boxed watch with all the papers and ISO test certificates, it even had the protective stickers on it [ now removed and stored safely ]

The Seiko SLD005p is the first Analogue dive watch to automatically sense dive depth, but the watch is so much more..........

Time/Calendar/Alarm and importantly
Diving Measurement
• Full automatic measurement of diving data
Current depth, maximum depth, diving time and time submerged
• Recording of log data
Maximum depth, average depth, diving time and time submerged for the last two dives
• Warning functions
• Rapid ascent warning
• Extra measurement range warning
• Abnormal measurement warning
• Rotating bezel
Can measure elapsed time such as diving time, surface interval, etc.
• Battery life indicator
 Sapphire Crystal
 52mm wide including the crown
 14mm thick
 22mm lugs with the bracelet tapering to 18mm for comfort
 Movement 7K52
 9 analogue hands plus date
 screw down crown

The watch comes in a yellow cardboard box and inside there is a yellow lockable "Peli"  type box

the plastic box is foam filled and contains the watch on a bracelet, a Z22 rubber strap, a Seiko spring pins and bracelet tool,  a compass and thermometer and all the paper work in a cut out in the lid....

the watch and accessories are totally NOS which pleases me no end as its like goingh back 20 years and getting the watch i wanted at the time, i would like to think had i bought it back then i would still have it in the same amazing condition, but who knows Wink

the bracelet starts at 22m and tapers down to 18mm at the clasp [ with dive suit extension ] and is the same standard as the Sumo and similar bracelets still used today and is very comfortable.
this is a big watch but wears very comfortably and sits well on the wrist without feeling top heavy and in reality its not really any bigger than any modern diver
the dial detail is incredible with no fewer than 4 levels to it including the rehaut, the 9 hands are a bit confusing until you work out which is which then it just becomes second nature to read the time
the lume is the usual Seiko super nova glow...........remember this watch is 20 years old and actually dates to 1997 as do all the test papers.

this is an example of the inventiveness of Seiko, 20 years later and although most Proper divers use digital dive computers this watch is still relevant
this wont be going anywhere anytime soon Wink

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
SeikoJohn
Admin

Re: Seiko SLD005p 7K52-6A10

Post by SeikoJohn on Sat Jan 06 2018, 20:57

WOW just wow Laughing that is certaily an amazing watch . Not only amazing as to what it can actually do but also amazing to the eye , well my eye at least . Reading what it can do it amazes me of the tech that seiko have put into it especially when you think it dates to 20 years ago. I know you have the instruction manuals etc but I did find this online incase some of our members here would like to see

You have certainly found yourself a rare one well done

Admin

Post by domecurb on Sat Jan 06 2018, 21:23

@SeikoJohn wrote:WOW just wow Laughing  that is certaily an amazing watch . Not only amazing as to what it can actually do but also amazing to the eye , well my eye at least . Reading what it can do it amazes me of the tech that seiko have put into it especially when you think it dates to 20 years ago. I know you have the instruction manuals etc but I did find this online incase some of our members here would like to see

You have certainly found yourself a rare one well done  
the instructions are a bit heavy duty, its surprising what the watch can do, but it doesnt work as a chronograph despite how it looks, but then who ever uses a chrono anyway ? Very Happy

daff62

Post by daff62 on Sun Jan 07 2018, 12:17

Thanks for posting a write up and pictures of the watch.  

The complexity and functionality of the watch is amazing. Given its rarity I can understand how thrilled you would be
to source one in such fantastic condition as well as at a great price. 

The only reservation I would have is being afraid of causing any marks or scratches when it’s being worn. It’s a difficult balance between wearing and enjoying the watch against preserving a very rare watch in pristine condition.
domecurb
Admin

Post by domecurb on Sun Jan 07 2018, 22:06

@daff62 wrote:Thanks for posting a write up and pictures of the watch.  

The complexity and functionality of the watch is amazing. Given its rarity I can understand how thrilled you would be

The only reservation I would have is being afraid of causing any marks or scratches when it’s being worn. It’s a difficult balance between wearing and enjoying the watch against preserving a very rare watch in pristine condition.

i wore it to bed last night where it wont get damaged so i guess it could be called a Duvet Diver Very Happy

Robti

Post by Robti on Sun Jan 07 2018, 22:55

@domecurb wrote:

i wore it to bed last night where it wont get damaged so i guess it could be called a Duvet Diver Very Happy

That brought a smile to my face, I can only echo what others have said, it must be a great feeling after all these years to finally acquire something that you wanted from all those years ago, and I wonder if I was in your position if “duvet diving”is all I would be using it for or if I would be brave enough just to wear it and enjoy it, finally good health wearing and enjoying it
domecurb
Admin

Post by domecurb on Sun Jan 07 2018, 23:12

@Robti wrote:
@domecurb wrote:

That brought a smile to my face, I can only echo what others have said, it must be a great feeling after all these years to finally acquire something that you wanted from all those years ago, and I wonder if I was in your position if “duvet diving”is all I would be using it for or if I would be brave enough just to wear it and enjoy it, finally good health wearing and enjoying it

i will wear it often once the shock of finding it wears off, but i may change the bracelet and keep the original one fresh

daff62

Post by daff62 on Mon Jan 08 2018, 12:14

@domecurb wrote:

Brilliant lol! You should patent that title, it could catch 
on and be worth a lot of money. cheers
domecurb
Admin

Post by domecurb on Mon Jan 08 2018, 12:21

@daff62 wrote:
@domecurb wrote:

Brilliant lol! You should patent that title, it could catch 
on and be worth a lot of money. cheers

maybe a new section:................. "DUVET DIVERS" watches too good to wear Very Happy

SeikoJohn
Admin

Post by SeikoJohn on Mon Jan 08 2018, 13:06

It is just something I can not do , I cant wear a watch in bed it just does not feel right.

Admin

Post by domecurb on Mon Jan 08 2018, 13:11

@SeikoJohn wrote:It is just something I can not do , I cant wear a watch in bed it just does not feel right.

weirdo Rolling Eyes .......... Razz

Elwood

Post by Elwood on Wed Jan 10 2018, 02:29

Apart from all the things this watch can do, it looks absolutely great. It was a long chase though to find one in such fantastic condition must make the wait a little more worth while. Also loving the term duvet diver, would apply to so many, especially of mine! cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 17 2018, 22:17