THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM
PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
Latest topics
Monday 18 June 2018.Yesterday at 15:49daff62
Sunday 17 June 2018.Sun Jun 17 2018, 12:31Iceblue
Sotc massive shake up Sun Jun 17 2018, 09:37Iceblue
Saturday 16 June 2018.Sat Jun 16 2018, 18:48Robti
Friday 15 June 2018Fri Jun 15 2018, 23:02Robti
A little change around Fri Jun 15 2018, 12:01daff62
Wednesday 13 June 2018.Wed Jun 13 2018, 11:58daff62
Tuesday 12 June 2018.Tue Jun 12 2018, 12:11SeikoJohn
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
36 Posts - 40%
20 Posts - 22%
16 Posts - 18%
11 Posts - 12%
6 Posts - 7%
June 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Go down
domecurb
Admin
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Boschett Harpoon

on Tue Dec 12 2017, 15:39
Boschett Harpoon......
i have been after one of these for a few years now so when you opportunity came up i jumped, it arrived this morning and i am over the moon, its way better than expected

Movement = Miyota 9015
Solid end link bracelet with screws
316L surgical grade SS
Superluminova treated hands and markers
1000m water resistant
Automatic helium release valve
4.34mm thick AR coated sapphire crystal
Screw-down crown and caseback
Rotating bezel with scratch resistant ceramic insert, black has fully luminous markings
Dimensions: Case - 45mm w/o crown (9-3) 47mm (10-4), Height - 15.5mm, Lug width - 24mm, Lug-to-Lug - 52mm

the watch comes with the 3 bezels, i plain steel, i steel with number 1 to 15 picked out in red and 1 lume filled black ceramic which is probably the one i will wear most, to change the bezels is really simple, easy and secure and once fitted there is no chance of the bezel dropping off.
the bezel edge is slightly raised to protect the insert and crystal

the quality and attention to detail on this watch is IMO astounding and for me at least, it brings into question the ethics of selling similar time pieces costing thousands of pounds more, this is a brand that is punching well above its weight.

the watch wears much smaller than the specs would suggest although i think the black bezel helps there, but also the shape and height helps to disguise the 47mm width.
its certainly no featherweight at a touch under 300g Shocked , but i have others around the same weight so for me at least its a non issue
little touches like the heavily embossed screw down crown, the "Harpoon" second hand and the beautifully engraved case back showing a diver spearing a Dragon helps to make this watch quite unique in a market full of sameness [ is that a word? scratch ]
another really nice touch which i cant remember seeing on any other watch is the Perlage finish on the internal parts of the bracelet clasp.
the bracelet at 24mm wide doesnt disappoint and is comfortable and well made with screwed links and solid endlinks
the clash has a ratchet system for the dive suit extension which is easy a quick to use
I cant forget the Miyota 9015, the smooth tick of this highbeat movement is not something i will tire of

and a lovely pale blue lume shot

I do like the Boschett brand, so much so i have a Boschett Cave Dweller lined up for January......same make same style but different enough to warrant a place with me Very Happy

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
SeikoJohn
Admin

Re: Boschett Harpoon

on Tue Dec 12 2017, 17:45
At first glance it reminds me of a Sinn U1

I can certainly see why this appealed to you it is a nice chunky size . I think the idea of interchangable bezels is a brilliant idea and more watch brands should do this .

Boschett is not a brand that I am too familiar with ( well its not Seiko is it Very Happy ) but from you description and photos the build quality looks to be exceptional , another part that is appealing to me is the bracelet it is very much like chainmail , your watch case has a suit of armour protecting it Smile

Admin

on Thu Dec 14 2017, 13:59
I've seen a few off these and I love the look of them especially on the black been insert looks geogeous , but I've always wondered with the bezel being interchangeable would they wear after alot off changing making the bezel loose in time
domecurb
Admin

on Thu Dec 14 2017, 14:08
@Iceblue wrote:I've seen a few off these and I love the look of them especially on the black been insert looks geogeous , but I've always wondered with the bezel being interchangeable would they wear after alot off changing making the bezel loose in time  

its quite a clever system they use which relies on close tolerances, but most if not all the wear will be in the bezel gasket which unlike most others divers being silicon, Boschett uses a hard white nyl;on, you would really need to try the swap and bezel action to get a feel of how positive it really is, i have now worries at all

Iceblue
Admin

on Thu Dec 14 2017, 14:15
Good stuff it's good to no about the bezel system and makes me want one even more
domecurb
Admin

on Thu Dec 14 2017, 14:25
@Iceblue wrote:Good stuff it's good to no about the bezel system and makes me want one even more

i dont think it would disappoint, its one of the best made watches i have had

Iceblue
Admin

on Thu Dec 14 2017, 19:21
Thanks buddy guess what I'm on the search for lol
domecurb
Admin

on Thu Dec 14 2017, 19:31
@Iceblue wrote:Thanks buddy guess what I'm on the search for lol

good luck ...you could try the Boschett forum, most of the watches for sale are in the USA

daff62

on Thu Dec 14 2017, 20:04
Great write up and pictures. 

It looks fantastic and obviously is going by your description and it’s specs. 

Size seems to be important with modern watches though I feel at some point that trend / fashion will have to reverse. 

This watch looks really well proportioned but with some of the larger watches the casing seems to dominate the watch with the dial being quite small. It’s in part my eyesight but  I just don’t find it easy to tell the time.

The one spec with your new watch I was amazed by is the weight. I can’t imagine what it would be like wearing a watch that is almost 300 grammes.  What a Face  

Its certainly a great addition to your collection & one I’m sure that will be getting a lot of wrist time and deservedly so. Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum