THE WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM
PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REGISTER AND JOIN IN, WE ARE A FRIENDLY FORUM WHERE EVERYONE IS MADE TO FEEL WELCOME
STICK AROUND AND SAY HELLO
Latest topics
worlds best drummerTue Nov 21 2017, 20:33Elwood
Sunday 19th November Sun Nov 19 2017, 14:32daff62
Saturday 18 November 2017.Sat Nov 18 2017, 11:55daff62
Friday 17 November 2017.Fri Nov 17 2017, 12:11daff62
Omega RAF watch 1953Thu Nov 16 2017, 18:02daff62
Today's new arrivalWed Nov 15 2017, 21:00Iceblue
Wednesday 15 November 2017.Wed Nov 15 2017, 11:50daff62
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
34 Posts - 27%
32 Posts - 25%
25 Posts - 20%
18 Posts - 14%
10 Posts - 8%
8 Posts - 6%
1 Post - 1%
November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

View previous topicGo downView next topic
domecurb
Admin
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

Today's new arrival

on Tue Nov 14 2017, 16:58
Halios Puck 2
Made in Canada
Case material: 316L stainless steel
Dimensions: 48mm width, 14mm thickness, 48mm lug-to-lug, 24mm lug width
Double-domed sapphire crystal with underside AR coating
Japan-made Miyota 9015 automatic movement
500M water-resistance
C3 (green) Superluminova-coated hands and dial markers for optimal low-light visibility

i saw these watches a while back but none were available at the time, then the other day one came up and i jumped and it arrived this morning.
this is a seriously well built watch
i was a bit concerned at the price that it would be all bark and no bite and end up being over priced and over hyped, but its so well made and so different from other watches out there that i think its a bit of a bargain

it has a double domed AR coated Sapphire crystal, the lumed bezel insert is also Sapphire and almost seamlessly meets the crystal
the bezel is the standard or expected 120 click and is smooth, firm, positive and all lines up perfectly.
the screw down crown is a joy to use and is very positive without a hint of cross threading
The Miyota 9015 is highbeat and silky smooth.
the dial is Matt blue with a colour coded date wheel to match
the dial and bezel lume is quite possibly the best i have seen, but that may just be because its a new toy Very Happy its certainly very very bright.
the bracelet is equally great quality with the links being screwed together, but this is my one complaint as they are double headed screws which need 2 screwdrivers..one either side of the bracelet to remove the links, this is an almost impossible task as you need to hold the bracelet and driver in each hand while trying to undo, once done the bracelet is very sturdy and comfortable
a nice little touch is the bracelet is double sided and can be turned over if there is any scratches or damage
the watch came in a water proof over engineered "Pelli" box type case
it took me 10 minutes to work out how to open it Mad .............at one stage i thought it was glued shut Shocked
i managed in the end though Rolling Eyes .
Question though : why put a 500m diver in a water proof box scratch

some pics

out doors

lume shot

all in all i am pleased with the new hoard member, the Helios is now in competition with my Pantor Seahorse and Orient Saturation diver

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
daff62

Re: Today's new arrival

on Tue Nov 14 2017, 18:18
Very interesting write up with some great photos. 

The watch is impressive and that lume is fantastic. 

My only reservation would be the 48mm case which seems huge, well to what I am used to anyway. 

I sometimes feel with larger watches that the dial can seem very small in comparison to the case. That's not the case with this one though which looks very well proportioned. 

I haven't come across a double sided bracelet before which seems a great idea & means one side of the bracelet can be kept mint. I wonder if other brands supply this type of bracelet.

It speaks volumes that you've put the watch in the same league as your Pantor & Orient. It must be special to achieve that & hopefully is also a bit of a tonic, to lift spirits a bit, after being unwell recently. Very Happy
SeikoJohn
Admin

on Tue Nov 14 2017, 19:07
@domecurb wrote:now in competition with my Pantor Seahorse and Orient Saturation diver

You must seriously be impressed if you class it in competition with those two . A very nice looking watch I especially like the blue and the thin style of handset . it is a chunky watch but not an "in your face " chunky if you know what I mean .

Excellent purchase well done

on Tue Nov 14 2017, 20:01
That's a nice new toy, really enjoyed the write up.
Do you know ow if they are linked to the H20 brand?
I am quite interested in the design as the watch has no visible lugs, does it still sit on the wrist OK without slipping around?
One last comment, if the competition gets too much for your Pantor, I'm starting a watch Sanctuary in North Somerset to re home lonely watches that need a new owner!
domecurb
Admin
http://thewatch-clockforum.forumotion.co.uk

on Tue Nov 14 2017, 21:54
@Elwood wrote:That's a nice new toy, really enjoyed the write up.
Do you know ow if they are linked to the H20 brand?
I am quite interested in the design as the watch has no visible lugs, does it still sit on the wrist OK without slipping around?
One last comment, if the competition gets too much for your Pantor, I'm starting a watch Sanctuary in North Somerset to re home lonely watches that need a new owner!

its a very comfortable watch and doesnt move around much at all, just feels right somehow.
i am sorry to say Pantor is very happy in Scotland Very Happy

"itsabrawbrichtmoonlichtnichtthenicht" - R.Burns
daff62

on Wed Nov 15 2017, 11:48
@domecurb wrote:
i am sorry to say Pantor is very happy in Scotland Very Happy

Very understandable, if needs must though I can offer the same kind service that Ellwood offered. Very Happy
Iceblue
Admin

on Wed Nov 15 2017, 21:00
Now that is a lovely time piece , size is right colour is perfect and lume is geogeous very nice indeed
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum